[MacOSX 10.9] Can't Install BG2:EE TweakPack

AugustAlso

Hey all!

First off, specs:

Mac OS 10.9.1

TweakPack v14

So, I'm new to this, but I would really, deeply appreciate some help on this 8+ hour problem. I keep having this error when attempting to install the tweak pack according to the instructions on the site. The terminal spits out:

Illegal instruction: 4

every time I try to run setup-gb-tweaks or its .command counterpart. As you can see, this error is a wee bit opaque. I've followed the instructions on the readme several times over. I've even tried different builds of weidu, replacing backslashes in various files, really the works. Most of the basic tutorials on this site and the BG forums have been tried. I have Ocaml and Elkhunter installed as well, for what that's worth.

I've even tried the express installer made by subtledoctor over at the BG modding forums, but that shoots a "translation not found" error.

At any rate, any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Can you guys check if you get the same error when trying to run the recently fixed install of Romantic Encounters v8 from this post? You don't have to install it, just see if the setup runs without error. That package has been confirmed to work recently, and if it does for you as well, then it means something is wrong with the TweakPack OS X package.

If the Romantic Encounters file launches without problems, then try adding this line at the top of your TweakPack .command file:

#!/bin/sh

I think this is the line that specifies for the OS what interpreter to use to process the rest of it, and its absence in the TweakPack's .command file might be causing the problem.

pro5, Romantic Encounters 8 works perfectly, no issues with setup.

However, adding the above line to TweakPacks results in the same error, "Illegal Instruction 4".

Rxgus, if you have Terminal already open when you double-click on a .command file you'll stop getting that error, though I'm confused as to why it happens in the first place because other .command files don't throw that when activated through Finder.

Any other ideas as to what can be done?

Hm, tried that with the mavericks WeiDU included in that version. Same illegal instruction 4 as always, and still successfully sets up Romantic Encounters. Is there someone responsible for the development of the kit that I should be getting in touch with?

Well- the romantic pack does not install for me either. Tried a couple things but nothing is working. I do not get the same message as with the tweaks.

Thanks August: It now opens but doesn't install anything

Tweaks: "~/Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition/Data/Documents/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ II\ -\ Enhanced\ Edition/setup-bg2_tweaks.command ; exit;

/Users/Gus/Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition/Data/Documents/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/setup-bg2_tweaks.command: line 4: 4345 Segmentation fault: 11 ./setup-bg2_tweaks

logout"

From the installer: "./setup-false

-bash: ./setup-false: is a directory

guss-mba:Downloads Gus$ "

Found a fix to this, finally.

First off, go to this page in the OSX support forums:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-for-os-x/p4

That's the fourth page, but earlier on it gives details for a mod installer that can just fix this problem.

(@Rxgus, given the vagaries of compiling weidu that *I* stumbled over, you may want to check this out if you haven't already.)

Particularly for the "Illegal Instruction 4" issue, the fix that @AstroBryGuy sent my way:

Remove the "setup-bg2_tweaks" file before using the mod installer, as the mod installer creates a symlink of the mod name whenever it installs a mod (thus, you should always remove "setup-MODNAME" when using this installer). Keep the .tp2 obviously, but remove that one file and the installer should work just fine.

Let me know if this helps you out, @Rxgus. And thanks for all your help, @pro5!

Yeah, I will get that with conflicting mods, or bad install order. If you're doing the EE from beamdog, it should offer a restore option from the launcher. I used that, then played around with my install order. I tested after each mod install, to try and isolate the problem.

My install order is generally Tweak Pack First -> Everything Else. And make sure not to go through the tweak pack install a second time because it screws with everything and then crashes on startup again.

After the restore you'll have to manually remove any files related to mods or the installer, and grab them fresh from the archive you downloaded because once they're compiled they continue to screw things up.

Let me know if this helps you out. If it doesn't, put up your OSX/Weidu/installer version? There are some definite compatibility issues for older versions of OSX.

Archived