BG1 Tweak Pack

Guest grogerson

Guest grogerson

I've done some Web searching and the only tweak pack for BG1 I've found is by Tioma, and hosted at Sorcerer's Place. It has some nice options but it's done by dumping things into the override folder. :)

I know most people now play this game in Tutu or BGT, but for those of us who like to play the basic game it would be nice to have a proper WeiDU tweak pack. And since the other four IE games have tweak packs here, I figure why not ask for a BG1 tweak pack here as well? :)

2,694 downloads, or people? Over what period of time?

A BG1 Tweak Pack would be a great exercise for budding coders/modders. They have plenty of historical references to use a basis.

The oldheads got plenty of existing mods (and a certain forum creation request) to work on.

Guest grogerson

For the main IE communities I check on, I've found the following mods:

Black Wyrm's Lair

Herbs and Potions Add-In

Drizzt Saga

Grey Clan Episode 1

Chosen of Mystra

Dark Side of the Sword Coast

Stone of Askavar

BG1 Adventure Pack

BG1 CoM Forge/Item Upgrade

Pocket Plane Group

Fields of the Dead

BG1 Unfinished Business

This doesn't say who plays vanilla BG1, but there's a community that's still modding for it. And, of course, many of the mods now are being converted for use in Tutu/BGT installs.

Still, most of the components could probably come out of the BG2 Tweak Pack and make it a simple matter to do. I could be wrong of course, remembering some of the new components of the IWD tweak pack revision...

Guest grogerson
TBH, most of the IWD Tweak Pack should work on BG, except for the IWD-specific stuff (duh) and anything that modifies creatures (IWD uses a different creature structure).

True, but there are some components not in the IWD tweaks. Here's a list of components from BG2 Tweaks v5 beta that could be used. Some may not be appropriate, so consider this a general idea list.

Cosmetic Changes

Remove Helmet Animations

Weapon Animation Tweaks

**Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)

**Restore BG1 Load Screen Logo (Requires Tales of the Sword Coast) (??)

Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items

**Commoners Use Drab Colors

**Icon Improvements (??)

Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)

**Force All Dialogue to Pause

Content Changes

More Interjections (Previously known as Valen/Solaufein-Style Interjections) (??)

**Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

**Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues (Weimer)

Stores Sell Larger Stacks of Items

Gems and Potions Require Identification

**Use BG2 Walking Speeds (??)

Rule Changes

Two-Handed Bastard Swords

Universal Clubs

**Change Experience Point Cap

Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P

Descriptions Updates for Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor Component (Requires Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor)

Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor

Descriptions Updates for Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor Component (Requires Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor)

Wear Multiple Protection Items

**Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level

**Shopkeepers Have Limited Identification Ability

Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)

True Grand Mastery (Schumacher, Weimer)

Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight

**Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent

Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table

Alter Mage Spell Progression Table

Alter Bard Spell Progression Table

Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table

Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables

Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters

**Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e)

Convenience Tweaks and/or Cheats

Higher HP on Level Up

Maximum HP Creatures (the bigg)

Identify All Items

Easy Spell Learning (Previously known as 100% Learn Spells)

**Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party ..." (Weimer)

Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices (Previously Known As Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre, Richardson, Weimer))

Unlimited Ammo Stacks

Unlimited Jewelry and Gem Stacks

Unlimited Potion Stacks

Unlimited Scroll Stacks

**Happy Patch

**Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation (Luiz)

**No Traps or Locks (Weimer)

Rest Anywhere (Japheth, Weimer)

Sellable Items (Icelus) (Previously known as Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings)

Joinable NPC Tweaks

**Adjust Evil Joinable NPC Reactions

**Consistent Stats: Edwin

**Consistent Stats: Jaheira

**Change Jaheira to Neutral Good Alignment

**Consistent Stats: Minsc

**Consistent Stats: Viconia

**Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi)

**Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19

The only other components of interest found only in IWD Tweaks are:

Druids Use 3e Alignment Restrictions

Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-Class Clerics and Druids

Those components marked with "**" are of particular interest to me, and not included in the IWD Tweaks.

Guest grogerson

With this sudden silence, does that mean you won't take this request up?

Azazello's comment has a certain truth, but I'm no modder and have little (read no) experience with programming languages. I could try to cobble something together from the IWD and BG2 tweak packs, but I'll be starting at ground zero, and the WeiDU learning curve is more than a little intimidating. Just installing WeiDU last night was a stretch...

I could use a little hope here, or at least a lot of encouragement...

Try another approach: go prospecting for talent to work on this project, and induce them to do so with cookies, flowers and p0rn.

Consider though that many talented modders have gone to contribute on the Community Mod, so you might get back an echo if you put out the call right now.

Guest grogerson
Try another approach: go prospecting for talent to work on this project, and induce them to do so with cookies, flowers and p0rn.

Consider though that many talented modders have gone to contribute on the Community Mod, so you might get back an echo if you put out the call right now.

Sounds easy enough for the first two, ethical/moral considerations stop the third.

Only problem is I probably wouldn't learn much about modding, and that's the aspect that both draws and terrifies me...

Guest grogerson
Yes, I started working on this last week.

:)

(Now to find a tutorial I can use to create an unlimited ammo stacks tweak... gotta start learning somewhere... :) )

Of course, you know I'm available for alpha/beta testing this tweak pack. I better be, since I started this... :)

And since it appears I'll be around a while longer, between this and jastey's mini-quest mini-mod (which I'll also be beta testing for BG), I figured I may as well register.

Archived