Watcher's Keep buggy? Gavin

Guest Splawheel

Guest Splawheel

Gavin died in the final cave of the demon maze of Watchers' Keep. When I resurrect him he won't speak to the PC (Gavin has nothing to say) and he will occasionally just wander off without being instructed to move. I recall that there was a feature in the dialogue menu to get him to fix himself but that isn't an option. Should I be able to talk to him in Watchers keep (I didn't really test it prior to his untimely death) or are his dialogues/interjections done with SoA. He has completed the SoA friendship path with a male PC and I thought from some posts on here that ver. 19 included some ToB content, but I could be wrong and those were discussions for a future version. The wandering off I am unsure how to fix. Are there any clua commands so I could check/correct his variables or is there a string fixer that doesn't involve initiating a dialogue? Let me know what is needed from me to better trouble shoot this. Thank you for the wonderful mod.

No, Gavin has no ToB content, not even Watcher's Keep. In fact, I have written the ToB content through Sendai's Enclave, but I have not yet written anything for WK at all. Could you be thinking of Keldorn? I did include a WK interjection or two from him.

As for wandering off without instructions to do so, it might just be some kind of ambient behavior thing. His ToB files are assigned, but there is nothing in them. If you kick him out of the party, he cannot be sent to an inn nor can he be recruited again. I probably should not have left that so unfinished. So sorry, there really isn't anything you as a player can do. As a modder, I can get off my butt and get the mod done.

I really should get back to work on my mods. Everybody goes through cycles of activity and burnout, and I burned out hard last year, but it's passing.

Archived