Bishops Romance Game error

I've been playing Bishops Romance all week without any problems, and now all of a sudden, when I get to the final battle, when everyone stands around the table as is getting ready to start talking strategy the game gives me an error message and quits. It's never done this before and I've played the game about 10 times. Has any one else had this problem since loading the "Bishops Romance" Mod? Iv'e tried 5 or 6 times and it keeps happening. I even did a restart. But no luck. Am I the only one this has happened too? :)

Hi, it didn't happen in the testing, but that sounds like a generic bug with the OC nowadays, referred to as a 'missing companion' bug. Please, check the bio boards for more information on it and see if it fixes the problem.

This post is a couple of days old, so I don't know how helpful this reply will be but... I ran into this same problem. Didn't have it the first time I played through (without mod). Well, it took me a while to dig out the answer of what was going on, but other people ran into a problem at this same point (without mod, I think) and said it had something to do with Bishop. All of my companions were there though. So, since I had missing companions a few times throughout this play, I have a save file that I don't save on unless I KNOW that all my companions are accounted for. Anyway, I copied Bishop.ros from that file and replaced the one in the file I was using, and it worked! Hopefully that's helpful to anyone with the problem in the future. Though an easier (but longer) way might be to just go back to an earlier save file and try again, I'm too lazy for that though. :)

Archived