Flirts, flirts, flirts, spam and flirts

BigRob

i wonder ... when CHARNME has the dreams with Irenicus if Aklon is in the party he would say something abou it ? i dont believe that a romantinc comment but at least some preocupation ... i dont recall any NPC saying something about that :blush: maybe this could be a preflirt depending in how you treat him that time later on a optional flirt could be done???

The problem is that unless you tell him you've had a bad dream, how will he know? :blush: However, commentary on the PCs dreams is written into the romance track and into the forcetalk options. I might also look into having Aklon comment after specific dreams, when he's being particularly perceptive.

Guest Guest-ish
The problem is that unless you tell him you've had a bad dream, how will he know?  ;) However, commentary on the PCs dreams is written into the romance track and into the forcetalk options. I might also look into having Aklon comment after specific dreams, when he's being particularly perceptive.

Usually waking up, gasping for air and sweating like mad is a telltale sign of having a bad dream ;) ... then again, it's true, it's not like the NPCs are lying awake, just waiting for Charname to awaken after a fitful night's sleep... :cry::blush::p

*torrid images*

No one ever did do something...extra with that sequence, did they? Guess it would be innappropriate, given the circumstances. :blush:

And since I'm here... how about having Aklon try to help here somehow with nightmares, or stress or what have you... Can we assume this well-traveled monk knows something about meditation? He can tell her to close her eyes, concentrate on his voice, her breathing, to clench her fists, or her muscles, or what have you, slowly release...feel the tension release, to let go... and so on. You can certainly see where this could go. Nice calm moment, quiet, focus on self and each other. Hm... :cry:

I don’t know if this has been done but, is it possible to have some flirts within flirts? I mean for the PC-initiated force options. For example, PC talks to Aklon and there is an option to “touch Aklon’s hairâ€Â, if this is chosen then a couple more options open up like,

A. Pull Aklon's hair

B. Caress Aklon's hair

C. Unbind Aklon's hair

D. Leave him alone

So it moves from general to specific, and the PC isn't told some stupid thing that she does to his hair that is really not her charcter to do (it's the thing I hate most about mods). Of course, not every flirt must have more options, but it seems more personalized I think. I am aware that this would mean a lot of extra annoying work for you regardless so…heh that’s your decision. All I demand is that you have a least one hair flirt in there somewhere. :blush:

Hehehe. Yes, there will be hair flirts. :blush: Depending on how many flirts I'm going to implement (and I've got a pretty long list now) it might be easier for me to go with that suggestion and nest more specific ones inside general ones. A list of fifty options, not counting the forcetalks, would be pretty difficult to navigate. :cry:

I'll also try to keep the description of the flirt and what your PC actually does pretty close. ;)

And on that note (and because I've got nothing better to do at the moment), here's a little sample from the stuff I've done so far. As always, comments and criticism are welcome. :blush:

PC: (Glance furtively at Aklon)

Aklon (Random1): (Aklon is looking at something in the distance, a hint of inquisitiveness on his face. He does not seem to notice your look). [End]

Aklon (Random2): (Aklon’s right hand is resting lightly on the collar encircling his neck. Perhaps in response to your gaze, his hand drops back to his side). [End]

Aklon (Random3): (As you quickly turn your eyes toward Aklon, you notice that he appears to be looking at something on the other side of you. Whatever it is, it appears to hold his attention, and he does not seem to notice your look) [End]

And (using the nested flirts Idea)

PC: (Take a good look at Aklon)

Aklon (B): (Aklon cuts a very distinctive figure and several features vie for your attention).

PC: 1. (Look at Aklon’s face) (Z)

2. (Look at Aklon’s hair) (Y)

3. Others.....

Aklon (Z Random1): (Aklon’s back is partially towards you, so you can only see his face in profile. From this angle Aklon’s jawline draws your attention, leading your eyes down to his neck, and the thin, pale scar that emerges from his collar. Before you turn your eyes away, you idly wonder what other scars he sports, and where they might be). [End]

Aklon (Z Random2): (You consider Aklon’s face, your eyes wandering across his features, considering his bright eyes, his noble brow, his generous mouth, his strong jaw, the small mole beneath his left eye, the whole arranged into an expression of calm inquisitiveness. That calm seems to be contagious, for you suddenly realize that you have been staring for some time and you turn your eyes back to the task at hand). [End]

Aklon (Y Random1): (Pulled back and tied with a length of cord, Aklon’s hair neatly flows down to his back. The hair is thick and glowing with health, despite the conditions that a life on the road offers. As you watch the swaying motions caused by Aklon’s movements, you idly wonder just how he manages to keep his hair so well groomed, since you cannot recall him paying much attention to it. [End]

Nice imagery, I think, really great. :blush:

a nit here:

Aklon’s right hand is resting lightly on the collar encircling his neck.

havind deserved a nickname 'minimalist' already, I suggest doing away with 'encircling' bit. Collars usualy do, and neck does not figure in the flirt after that, so it imo makes the sentence heavier w/o adding to the mental picture impressed on the reader.

another suggestion - I think the looking at and thinking of flirts can benefit from allowing PC to chose her line of thoughts after the description, smth like this:

Pulled back and tied with a length of cord, Aklon’s hair neatly flows down his back. The hair is thick and glowing with health, despite the conditions that a life on the road offers. You watch the swaying motions caused by Aklon’s movements for a few moments.

PC:

1. Hey, Alkon, how do you manage to have your hair so well groomed? I do not recall you paying much attention to it! No matter what *I* do, I look like a scarecrow after a visit to a hairdresser. And that's on a good day! ---> Alkon's reply

2. Tuck that pigtail under your cloak, Alkon. Makes me dizzy to look at it! ---> Alkon's reply

etc...

Hands?  I want to take look at his hands.  :cry:

I'll pencil that one in. ;)

Nice imagery, I think, really great.

Thanks Domi. They're not as quick to think up as I thought (not if I want to keep them different anyway). :blush:

havind deserved a nickname 'minimalist' already, I suggest doing away with 'encircling' bit. Collars usualy do, and neck does not figure in the flirt after that, so it imo makes the sentence heavier w/o adding to the mental picture impressed on the reader.

Having read that again, I think you're right. I'll have to try to rein in my urge to write really big sentences.

another suggestion - I think the looking at and thinking of flirts can benefit from allowing PC to chose her line of thoughts after the description, smth like this:

Pulled back and tied with a length of cord, Aklon’s hair neatly flows down his back. The hair is thick and glowing with health, despite the conditions that a life on the road offers. You watch the swaying motions caused by Aklon’s movements for a few moments.

PC:

1. Hey, Alkon, how do you manage to have your hair so well groomed? I do not recall you paying much attention to it! No matter what *I* do, I look like a scarecrow after a visit to a hairdresser. And that's on a good day! ---> Alkon's reply

2. Tuck that pigtail under your cloak, Alkon. Makes me dizzy to look at it! ---> Alkon's reply

etc...

Actually, I had the idea that getting this particular respone would open up another flirt on those lines. But could just be making more work for myself that way. Would everyone prefer to follow up immediately on stuff like that?

Actually, I had the idea that getting this particular respone would open up another flirt on those lines. But could just be making more work for myself that way. Would everyone prefer to follow up immediately on stuff like that?

I don't remember off hand if you were planning to have click talk options (other than flirts) for Aklon, but if you are that particular flirt could also activate option where you can ask about his hair if and when you wish to.

Archived