Sarah v3

25 replies to this topic

#1 theacefes

theacefes

XTREME METAL ROCKER PUNK CHICK WITH ULTRA SURFBOARD

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 2763 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:20 PM

While Mike1072 is running through the latest Shadow Hand build and telling me how much it sucks what needs to be changed, I've been doing some work on Sarah that will hopefully move her from her unfinished state to a full BG2 mod that I can finally be happy with.

V3 may or may not have new dialogue content: I haven't decided yet, but I would for sure like to get the voicing in and fix some of the coding (aka all of the coding) so that it's properly formatted.

Anyway, just thought I'd post an update.

-Ace

----

DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

#2 Shaitan

Shaitan

Bad bad nurse.

• Members
  • 1733 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:18 AM

???
"You're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride I say take It"
-Grandpa Simpson

#3 theacefes

theacefes

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 2763 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:29 PM

Okay, fixed the coding that I wanted to fix, updated WeiDU and fixed the tp2 so it reflected the current version.

I also recorded all of Sarah's lines today. There were less than I thought there were but it took me some time to be able to remember how to do her voice properly (I don't really sound like her when I normally speak).

We also have another small problem. It's probably a combination of a better sound card and new mic, but the quality of the voicing for ToB is wayyyyyy better than SoA. I am not sure if anyone will notice the difference but it's not really something I can fix.

So, now I'm just waiting on the voicing for the other characters. ???

-Ace

----

#4 Jordoo

Jordoo
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:26 AM

Is this something that is likely to be released in the relatively near future?

I ask because I've been nosing around Sarah for a while now mainly because I'd like to play a female PC again (its been forever since I have) but when I do I could never get past about 2 LTs with Anomen before shuting him down which was more a product of me just not being intersted in romancing a male (since I am a guy) than Anomen being how he is. And now that I've found NPC romance mods I couldn't imagine playing without one. Anyway I am going to pull the trigger and give Sarah a try romancing my femal PC, but I'd gladly hold off for a while for V3.

Thanks

#5 theacefes

theacefes

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 2763 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:45 AM

How would you define near future?

I'm currently getting the voicing for the remaining characters (just 2 and they are very small parts), but I was planning releasing v3 within the next week or so, which is why I haven't really made a big deal about any flaws v2.2 might have. ???

-Ace

----

#6 Jordoo

Jordoo
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:01 AM

LOL, sorry I was trying to be very diplomatic and not pushy which is why I said "relatively near future" but I was thinking within a month or two. Possibly next week sounds great ??? !

#7 theacefes

theacefes

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 2763 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:55 AM

Cool, got the voicing in for Anna, now just waiting on the other one. Yay.

-Ace

----

#8 Shaitan

Shaitan

Bad bad nurse.

• Members
  • 1733 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:21 AM

:blush:
"You're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride I say take It"
-Grandpa Simpson

#9 Athos

Athos
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:58 PM

I'm actually waiting for this to come out to start a new game :blush:

#10 Western Paladin

Western Paladin

Time of Troubles theorist

• Modders
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:23 PM

"It's gonna be fun on the bun."
-- Bender

Seriously though, Sarah is awesome.

Edited by Western Paladin, 25 October 2009 - 04:25 PM.

"Is such a thing even possible?"

#11 Shaitan

Shaitan

Bad bad nurse.

• Members
  • 1733 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:50 AM

Sorry to be a bother, but how far away is V3?

Cheers
-Grandpa Simpson

#12 theacefes

theacefes

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 2763 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:50 AM

I just got the voicing for Sarah's father, which was the last thing I needed to do. I just need to package the mod and that's it. :blush: Sorry, Dragon Age was released and I got a tad distracted.

-Ace

----

#13 Shaitan

Shaitan

Bad bad nurse.

• Members
  • 1733 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:00 AM

I just got the voicing for Sarah's father, which was the last thing I needed to do. I just need to package the mod and that's it. :blush: Sorry, Dragon Age was released and I got a tad distracted.

No need to be sorry! I understand DA is a good game, and I saw you being actively playing DA at SHS. I just thought of doing a whole new reinstallation of BG2.

Cheers
-Grandpa Simpson

#14 Guest_Willbur_*

Guest_Willbur_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:48 AM

No need to be sorry! I understand DA is a good game, and I saw you being actively playing DA at SHS. I just thought of doing a whole new reinstallation of BG2.

Cheers

Awesome, just did a new install today, already to go. Awesome character, can't wait for the new version. Thanks for the hard work.

#15 Jordoo

Jordoo
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:29 PM

I'm pretty excited to give Sarah a wirl myself. I'm kind of up in the air on some party choices to accompany her and my PC Th/Ma. Hmmm ......... decisions decisions :blush:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users