Triggering wrong chapter for some reason - quest bug

Hello!

Just to give my experience! I installed EET with the "recommended mods" with BWS (in fact, i use the EE mod setup, but looking for what propose BWS).

I successfully finished bg 1 with no bug, beside one enormous that make me use EE keeper to remove logs entries in my journal. For some reason, i did return to candlekeep before trigerring this needed quest from the flaming fist (if i remember). All the quest works (talking/killing throne members, going to jail, going out, etc.). For some reason, i was at the chapter 7 - since i never did the game before, could have been normal - now, i know there's something wrong!

So i left candlekeep, put me on the chapter 8 and i couldnt do anything: no one at the bridge to meet my comeback to baldurs gate; nothing at the Duc Castle, etc. I needed to remove this chapter from eekeeper. Going back to the castle, retrigger everything, then it works.

Another remark, for my own experience, i was a bit frustrated to not get my party back at the start of SoD. Maybe some can help me if i missed something. For exemple i had Beeloth, with nice stuff. Since the game give you back "what was in the inventory" and not the "equiped gear", i dont really understand when i'll have this stuff back ! or simply reuse this awesome guy!

And finally, harassing myself to get a lot of money in bg1... losing everything at the start of SoD... i understand this since you "import" character, and it's like a "new game". But with EET, it make this lose "frustrating"... at least for me! ;-)

Anyway, awesome mod, really enjoying !

[another thing: i have trouble accessing shsforum... and i need atweak. Does soemone know another website where i can download, or just upload the latest version of this one?... :) )

Edited by Edare

I successfully finished bg 1 with no bug, beside one enormous that make me use EE keeper to remove logs entries in my journal. For some reason, i did return to candlekeep before trigerring this needed quest from the flaming fist (if i remember). All the quest works (talking/killing throne members, going to jail, going out, etc.). For some reason, i was at the chapter 7 - since i never did the game before, could have been normal - now, i know there's something wrong!

So i left candlekeep, put me on the chapter 8 and i couldnt do anything: no one at the bridge to meet my comeback to baldurs gate; nothing at the Duc Castle, etc. I needed to remove this chapter from eekeeper. Going back to the castle, retrigger everything, then it works.

if you want me to test something proper repro steps are needed. Either step by step explanation how to reproduce it or save game made before this problem happened with explanation what to do to trigger it.

Another remark, for my own experience, i was a bit frustrated to not get my party back at the start of SoD. Maybe some can help me if i missed something. For exemple i had Beeloth, with nice stuff. Since the game give you back "what was in the inventory" and not the "equiped gear", i dont really understand when i'll have this stuff back ! or simply reuse this awesome guy!

After he leave you in Korlasz' Tomb, you can find him in the first area after leaving BG in SoD. He should have his gear equipped (I think, don't remember how it works since it's vanilla implementation, but you shouldn't loose those items). If not, again, please upload save where I can test it (the one in Korlasz Tomb, when he is still in party).
Edited by K4thos