[Pre-RC_Luridel] piperb's Playthrough

piperb

Heh. Found it. Bad creature reference 'c-toran' in actor header #7 (C-TORAN [1014.1027]). DLTCEP for the win; I was playing with adding area creatures, and ddi not revert all the changes, so c-toran was temporarily his old name (c-ar01bp "bar patron"). I guess he got a little ticked off I changed his name back to a generic one :D

Give me a few minutes, and a repaired version will be up on GitHub - will edit this post when I have it confirmed fixed and uploaded.

EDIT:

OK, up, confirmed, fixed.

note to self - Teldra's dialog is now in place, but this block and all related blocks can result in duplicate reply states being available, so I need to fix her wagon.

/* could be interested in a fling if Charisma < 15 and reputation < 12 */

+ ~CheckStatGT(Player1,15,CHR) ReputationGT(Player1,11)~ + ~[PC] Look, Teldra, I don't know how to say this... but perhaps we could go some place more private?~ + a4940

+ ~CheckStatGT(Player1,7,CHR) CheckStatLT(Player1,16,CHR)~ + ~[PC] Look, Teldra, I don't know how to say this... but perhaps we could go some place more private?~ + a4898

+ ~OR(2) CheckStatLT(Player1,8,CHR) ReputationLT(Player1,12)~ + ~[PC] Look, Teldra, I don't know how to say this... but perhaps we could go some place more private?~ + a4954

Got the new files and will let you know if anyone other than Toran decides to throw a tantrum. :)

Edit: Clean install, new game, no CTD and Aran in party. So far, all running smoothly and hopefully that will continue.

One odd thing has happened...Got Aran drunk in Maevar's Hideout, first a flirt with the PC appeared, then a banter, then the talk with PC abt inappropriate touching. These appeared one right after another while he was intoxicated. Forcetalked after those appeared and the only thing that would come up is the rant about Jaheira's mothering. Since that was the only thing he would say each time he was forcetalked, rested the party. Forcetalk him sober, the regular PC menu was back.

Aran: Well, now, you might want to talk, but I do have a bit on my mind.

Aran: Can this wait a bit?

Aran: (rants about Jaheira's mothering.)

What happened to the drunk talk?

PC and Aran have kissed once and they played the PC's version of hide and seek. :D Aran's response to hiding it in the belt is priceless!

Here are some of the var at last save: aranearlyflirt=26(locals); aranflirt=4; aranbg2rom=2; aranheavyflirt=0; aranflirtrap=1; aranintimate=1; aranlightflirt=0; aranpcflirtstart=1; aranrom=1; aransex=1

So far, no double flirt options have appeared in the PC menu and really like the changes you made in Aran's responses. He has some really cute comments to the PC flirts.

Good to see things working!

This comes up if Jaheira is the one doing the forcetalking - try selecting each f the other players besides PC and forcetalking (even in multiplayer) and he should have a customized response for each one.

On the drunk Talks, the current list is only

OR(13)

AreaCheck("AR0313") // Sea's Bounty

AreaCheck("AR0406") // Copper Coronet

AreaCheck("AR0509") // Five Flagons

AreaCheck("AR0522") // Five Flagons (Stronghold)

AreaCheck("AR0704") // Mithrest Inn

AreaCheck("AR1105") // Umar Inn

AreaCheck("AR1602") // The Vulgar Monkey

AreaCheck("AR2010") // Vyatri's Pub, Trademeet

AreaCheck("AR0709") // Den of the Seven Vales 1st Floor

AreaCheck("AR0513") // Calbor's Inn at Bridge District 1st Floor

AreaCheck("AR0021") // Crooked Crane 1st Floor

AreaCheck("AR1602") // Brynnlaw's Inn

AreaCheck("C-AR01") // The Broken Sword (Aran's initial inn )

which means Maevar's hideout has no entry (to not deal with weights and stuff.

I think at this point, we are stable enough to start stealing from aTweaks and adding a special type of area, or just adding all those possible inns from all the posssible mods out there to the check.

So, in essence, the two (I think not threee but would have to check) "drunk talks" trigger only in those areas, and you had a forced-talk sequence that found the following:

1. PC flirt was the only thing active (must not yet have triggered on the timer, but was ready for it).

2. Banter - hmmm.... should not have triggered on the J file, unless I missed one - which banter showed up, please?

3. Jaheria was trying to talk to Aran and getting the "hey, you aen't <CHARNAME" talk.

great news on the aranintimate=1 : aransex=1 and kissing - stuff is working as intended; at the aranearlyflirt=26 it kicked over him starting to initiate flirts on his timer ( aranpcflirtstart=1) , you have had the first lovetalk (aranbg2rom=2), and his evaluation of how serious you two are is "interested" (aranrom=1).

The odd thing to figure out - what caused a flirttimer to trigger, a banter to trigger, and a lovetalk to trigger. I suspect weighting issues on the lovetalk versus the trigger on the flirt pushed 1 and 3. Not sure about 2.

Good to see things working!

This comes up if Jaheira is the one doing the forcetalking - try selecting each f the other players besides PC and forcetalking (even in multiplayer) and he should have a customized response for each one.

The only problem here is that it was the PC forcetalking him, not Jaheira. Hadn't forcetalked him with anyone but the PC, but I will try that now.

Found it...This is the banter that appeared:

/* SoA Banters: Jaheira > Aran */

CHAIN IF ~CombatCounter(0) !Detect([ENEMY]) Global("c-jaheiraaran","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty(Myself) !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN BJAHEIR c-jaheiraaranbanter

~[JAHEIRA] Aran. Come here. You have not secured your wineskin. Stop moving...~

DO ~SetGlobal("c-jaheiraaran","GLOBAL",1)~

== C-ARANB ~[ARAN] Leave it alone, now. I'm appreciative an' all, but you are not my mother.~

== BJAHEIR ~[JAHEIRA] Nonsense. If you would stop charging about swatting at things before thinking, I would not have to treat you as a child.~

== C-ARANB ~[ARAN] You don't look old enough to be my mother.~

== BJAHEIR ~[JAHEIRA] Nature demands age be shown in different manners to different races. That belt is too tight. Loosen it at once.~

== C-ARANB ~[ARAN] You look way too shapely to be anyone's mother. In fact, your eyes, they OUCH!~

== BJAHEIR ~[JAHEIRA] Stop squirming. Flattery will not get you out of proper equipment discipline. And next time we pass a stream, avail yourself of Nature's bounty, and wash behind you ears.~

== C-ARANB ~[ARAN] Tymora's Golden...~

== BJAHEIR ~[JAHEIRA] What did you say?~

== C-ARANB ~[ARAN] Nothin'.~

EXIT

Edit: Have IEPBanters installed with the 20 min timer.

On the drunk Talks, the current list is only

OR(13)

AreaCheck("AR0313") // Sea's Bounty

AreaCheck("AR0406") // Copper Coronet

AreaCheck("AR0509") // Five Flagons

AreaCheck("AR0522") // Five Flagons (Stronghold)

AreaCheck("AR0704") // Mithrest Inn

AreaCheck("AR1105") // Umar Inn

AreaCheck("AR1602") // The Vulgar Monkey

AreaCheck("AR2010") // Vyatri's Pub, Trademeet

AreaCheck("AR0709") // Den of the Seven Vales 1st Floor

AreaCheck("AR0513") // Calbor's Inn at Bridge District 1st Floor

AreaCheck("AR0021") // Crooked Crane 1st Floor

AreaCheck("AR1602") // Brynnlaw's Inn

AreaCheck("C-AR01") // The Broken Sword (Aran's initial inn )

which means Maevar's hideout has no entry (to not deal with weights and stuff.

Does no entry also potentially mean you could wind up with any type of talk, etc appearing in place of the drunk talk?

Does no entry also potentially mean you could wind up with any type of talk, etc appearing in place of the drunk talk?

Well, it means that if something is trying to trigger a talk, yes - in this case, the key is to figuring out if this is a bug or is just a random lineup of talks. But just getting him drunk is not usually cause for multiple things to happen; in this case, getting him drunk should not have had any effect at all on anything (and it sould not try to trigger anything).

There are severalthings going on, and not all are related to eachother.

1. A banter fires off the banter file, so that banter happening was coincidene - a banter file call to BJAHEIR will not play/be messed with by calls to joined dialog files. And the banter materials should not have anything to do with the intoxication stat. So that one is probably working as intended, but you just got a banter happening to fire in the middle of what you were aiming for.

2. If the block is working correctly, it will not try to fire unless it is in tjhe list of areas. So, if him getting drunk triggered the block, that is a problem - the AreaCheck() is not stopping the block from trying to trigger a dialog.That block trying to clear will hit anything that is there and valid. the problem is....

3. ...if the dialog being seen by the engine as valid is being initiated by Jaheira trying to talk to Aran on the joined file, it might try to fire and not resolve, because the talker/talkee(gabber/gabee) is reversed. That might clear a pending flirt, then try to have jaheira StartDialog() with Aran. That wouldn;t be a banter, but seems like the most likely thing in this case - and that would require something in Ara that had Jaheria do that. That is what i am checking on first. I don't remember any content that does that.

4. it could be that something from another mod looking to get Jaheira to talk. Possible. But hard to imagine it would make Jaheira talk to Aran... that really should only happen within Ara's scripting.

5. It could simply be that the lovetalk timer and the NPC initiated flirt timer expired at the same time as the banter timer. I tried to set up the math so that it would be highly unlikely that the flirt and lovetalk timer would go off together; it is more likely that the flirt is higher weight than the lovetak, the lovetalk timer expired, the flirt played in its place, and then the lovetalk played. This would be a Good Thing, because what we want is for any talk that can afford to do so keep trying to fire, "clearing" any talks that have "hung". That means the player moved or was silenced or just did not get a talk, and there was no assigned "rollback" condition - an example being when you got a Fighting Golems comment well past the time Aran fought golems. I hadn't put a "rollback" so that if the talk was held up, where if a small time had passed (or there were no golems around) the variable was un-set, so that it would not play when he was fighting spiders, or vampires, or something else.

So, just poking about and rechecking to make sure.

One minor thing:

a2063

Aran - (His other hand seems much more interested in other pursuits, as it gently parts your robe higher than the knee, and begins exploring.)

PC is a Fighter Thief and had Shadow Thief armor [LEAT08] equipped. (ie: no robe).

The last talk from Aran was the goaded talk after leaving Nalia's keep. Fit well in this game since PC and Aran have not "shared everything" yet. All the talks related to the Keep/Fighter Stronghold, (including the old biddy comment), worked fine in this game.

The flirts progress with the pace of the romance MUCH better...No heavy flirts showing up too soon, no double flirt options in PC menu, and the same random options/responses are not repeating like they have in previous versions.

PC and Aran have shared "almost everything except a full-scale committed invasion". Prior to the last save the intimate variable was 3 and sex variable was 3. But in the last save the intimate variable is now 1 and the sex variable is still @ 3. Working as intended?

The healing flirt initiated by Aran when PC's HP gets low...What if Aran has been dual classed to a Cleric? Does he then heal the PC?

And a question/request: Would it be too much trouble and/or would you be willing to add a PC menu option for the Player to heal Aran when his HP also gets low?

cmorgan edit: minor correction to .tra entry so I don't have to separate robes from leather from chain mail - line now less specific. The remainder of the ideas logged for further development after v1.

Good news all around - I am working out a graphing troubleshooter for some of the issues about "jumping from one thing to another without hitting the in-between" - and since I can't access anything at work except taext files, it is progressing in spite of betatesting/troubleshooting/etc. on other projects.

a2063

Aran - (His other hand seems much more interested in other pursuits, as it gently parts your robe higher than the knee, and begins exploring.)

PC is a Fighter Thief and had Shadow Thief armor [LEAT08] equipped. (ie: no robe).

The last talk from Aran was the goaded talk after leaving Nalia's keep. Fit well in this game since PC and Aran have not "shared everything" yet. All the talks related to the Keep/Fighter Stronghold, (including the old biddy comment), worked fine in this game.

PC and Aran have shared "almost everything except a full-scale committed invasion". Prior to the last save the intimate variable was 3 and sex variable was 3. But in the last save the intimate variable is now 1 and the sex variable is still @ 3. Working as intended?
Absolutely! In fact, this is WAY COOL.

Modders have a helluvu time accounting for player actions. If I set an "intimacy" variable every time Aran and PC kiss, no problem. If they then make out, now I have a problem - because in an action farther down the chain of playtime, they may kiss again, and therefore set the var back to a "we kissed" state instead of a 'we made out".

So, we set it up like a beach with a high tide marker.

Each time an action is done, it gets classed as 1 to 4, with 1 being handholding and chastity, and 4 being Friday night in Vegas. So that number varies by whatever was done last.

Then in Aran's script, he checks for the highest attained number each cycle. So, if he sees "3" in the intimacy var, he rachets up the "biblical knowledge purity test" final score.

If this works right (which it seems to be doing) then PC (and her player) can be as whimsical as her mood strikes, and the game will not forget what has happened before (long term memory).

Then, of course, for folks who really do want to completely shift gears, either because they are no longer having fun, or want to play about another way (plus for my troubleshooting), we have the "relationship status" line in the PID, where PC really *can* rewrite history. Originally, I just wanted an out for folks who blundered into the more mature content and felt uncomfortable. But since this is a game and not real life, it got expanded and made part of the mod - so hopefully players who really want to skip around or change things can do so freely. When a female PC asks that question, she has more options than a male PC. For males, you can tick him off or set him back as a friend or do other stuff; for female PCs, you can set whatever intimacy or romance status you want.

The healing flirt initiated by Aran when PC's HP gets low...What if Aran has been dual classed to a Cleric? Does he then heal the PC?

Darned good idea. I will go poke at Gavin_ToB and see what I can do.

And a question/request: Would it be too much trouble and/or would you be willing to add a PC menu option for the Player to heal Aran when his HP also gets low?
Again, good idea - I think Gavin has that, too, so I will shamelessly steal her code and adapt. Thugh I think that might run off of teh PID menu - it is a roleplaying option, to be sure. Because if his Hp is low, usually players just heal him directly, casting the spell. But I can see something like

+ ~IF_ARAN_WOUNDED & PC_CLERIC & PC_HAS_HEALINGSPELL~ + ~[PC] Aran... hold still. I think you have a serious wound there. Let me heal it.~ + c_pc_healspell

+ ~IF_ARAN_WOUNDED & PC_CLERIC & PC_NOTHAVE_HEALINGSPELL~ + ~[PC] Aran... hold still. I think you have a serious wound there. Let me heal it.~ + c_pc_healbandage

// Have to raid Jastey's Ajantis for this one, I bet:

+ ~IF_ARAN_WOUNDED & PC_PALADIN & PC_HAS_HEALINGHANDS_LEFT~ + ~[PC] Aran... hold still. I think you have a serious wound there. Let me heal it.~ + c_pc_healhands

+ ~IF_ARAN_WOUNDED & PC_NOT_CLERIC_NOT_PALADIN & PC_HAS_HEALINGPOTION~ + ~[PC] Aran... hold still. I think you have a serious wound there. Let me heal it.~ + c_pc_healpotion

+ ~IF_ARAN_WOUNDED & NONE_OF_THE_ABOVE~ + ~[PC] Aran... hold still. I think you have a serious wound there. Let me heal it.~ + c_pc_healbandage

and then a little interlude like

[ARAN] Now, that feels right fnie. Your hands be a mite cool, there.

[PC] I just don't like to see you hurting.

[PC] They will be stone cold if you don't let them do their work. I wanted you to heal, not take liberties.

[PC] Good. This might not completely heal you, but it should help. Which is more than I can say for last night's curry. + CURRY

CURRY

[ARAN] Now, I never did intend for that curry to be no healin' potion. More like a good solid way o' creatin' potions o' flamebottom. Or mayhap a poison antidote.

[JAJHEIRA] Antidote?

[ARAN] Well.... mayhap poison. O' a mild kind. Hey, I am not to blame your fireberries were just sittin' around right next to th' cookin' stores!

That is along the lines of what I was thinking about when I made the suggestion. Agreed, this is purely a roleplaying option, but for those who choose Aran as their significant other, more interaction with him would not be a bad thing at all.

It's been quite a while since I played BG1, but IIRC BG1 Ajantis had some healing options in the PID. Could be mistaken about that tho. I do know for sure that the option is available during install for Gavin to heal the PC when below 50% and it can be enabled/disabled thru the PID.

-----

a2909

Aran - Right, then. I blighted well thought a letter to my sister were naught buy my own business.

...naught but my own business.

About the letter stealing, some will take it because they are nosey, curious, don't trust him, etc. and the responses already in place cover those. But this would be an ideal point where Aran could acknowledge that he is involved with Miss Sticky Fingers. For most thieves, stealing is second nature and if it's not nailed down or too heavy, it's fair game. If not that, could there at least be a specific response to Inked Or Stolen Letters for the thief PC? Maybe something like:

PC - Sorry, but I can't help myself sometimes. Ah, Aran, don't be mad but...perhaps you want these back too. (Rummages through pack) Here are your lightweight leggins and...let's see...your razor and this thing, whatever the hells 'it' is.

cmorgan edit - repairs and addition at

https://github.com/cmorganbg/Aran-Whitehand/commit/bceccb5e79a598e3a23ca125da1ffcd3a5db6072

a4514

Hey. Gods...

PC - ...some other kind entertainment...

...some other kind of entertainment...

-----

During the spar talk, (which is one of my favorites):

a353

Aran - (He steps away, dropping his sword, falling to his knees before you.)

PC - I was thinking of an armistice. (Kneel with him, drawing one gentle finger lightly down his chest, following it with your gaze.) + a354

a354

(His lips burn hot on your cheeks and mouth.)

PC - (Loop one leg around his, and twist quickly, bringing yourself under him as you fall to the ground.)

PC - (Loop one leg around his, and twist quickly, bringing yourself on top of him as you fall to the ground.)

PC and Aran are already on their knees in previous block so this may need to be reworded just a bit.

-----

a1423 /* c-aranstarflirt */

Aran stands beside you for a moment, looking up into the night sky. His hand gently brushes yours, fingertips lightly stroking your palm.

This appeared outdoors, but on a sunny day.

-----

In the section:

/* SoA Banters: Aran > HaerDalis */

== C-ARANB IF ~OR(2) InParty("7XAJAN") InParty("C#Ajantis")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Able Ajantis. That don't catch th' whole honor an' knightly side o' things, but th' buy can swing a sword right fine, he can.~

Not sure if you meant to type the boy or the guy, but "...th' buy can swing a sword.." is another that needs a little tweaking.

cmorgan edit: repairs and skip-the-whole-TimeofDay() hassle at

https://github.com/cmorganbg/Aran-Whitehand/commit/6d2ac6e51490a40a4a5424e092c77d71e8726b77

Don't know if you want to mess with adding any more of these or not, but just in case you do...I think the following amulets/necklaces are missing from the jewelry flirt:

AMUL13 - Bloodstone Amulet

AMUL14 - Amulet of Protection +1

AMUL15 - Shield Amulet

AMUL17 - Greenstone Amulet

AMUL19 - Amulet of 5% Magic Resistance

AMUL20 - Kaligun's Amulet of Magic Resistance

AMUL21 - Amulet of Power

AMUL23 - Periapt of Life Protection

AMUL24 - Necklace of Form Stability

AMUL25 - Amulet of Spell Warding

AMUL26 - Amulet of Cheetah Speed (Throne of Bhaal)

AMUL27 - Amulet of Seldarine (Throne of Bhaal)

AMUL28 - Amulet of the Master Harper (Throne of Bhaal)

And Tsujatha also gives the PC a necklace called Fireheart (firehear.itm)

cmorgan edit - logged for extension later

Found a few more for you...

a4970

C-AW01TL - Greetings and a pearl you...

a pearl you --> a pearl to you

a4909

C-AW01TL - Greetings and a pearl you...

a4910

C-AW01TL - ...Greetings and a pearl you...

a4911

C-AW01TL - Greetings and a pearl you, <CHARNAME>...

-----

a4893

C-AW01TL - ...No real short-term or secialized work...

Did you mean specialized work?

-----

a4895 + ~RandomNum(4,4)~ + ~[PC] ...watching for a Masked Lord of Waterdeep to show her face.

a4920 + ~RandomNum(4,4)~ + ~[PC] ...watching for a Masked Lord of Waterdeep to show her face.

The two above, not sure if you meant to do this but ...a Masked Lord...show her face. Typically a Lord is not a her.

-----

a4967

C-AW01TL - ...stable work is removing it after the fact. Mercenarie, on the other hand...

Mercenarie --> Mercenaries

-----

a4922

C-AW01TL - Look. You seem to have pleny going...

pleny --> plenty

-----

a4923

C-AW01TL - ...accounts to manage and enogh...

enogh --> enough

-----

a4924

C-AW01TL - ...Best decicision of my life...

decicision --> decision

-----

a4983

C-AW01TL - Gerald the Strong? Dom't pay him any attention...to demonstrating his strenght...

Dom't --> Don't

strenght --> strength

-----

a4985

C-AW01TL - ...there will e some serious repercussions

e --> be ...there will be some serious...

-----

a2705

...your fingers tracing runes my body...

a word added between runes and my --> ...runes on my... ...runes across my... etc.

-----

CHAIN C-ARANJ a2699

== C-ARANJ IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",0) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[ARAN] ...I think even be friends...

...I think we even be friends...

== C-ARANJ IF ~Gender(Player1,MALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",0) Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[ARAN] ...Then again, You done got a huge...

You --> you

== C-ARANJ IF ~Gender(Player1,MALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",0) !Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[ARAN] ...Then again, You done got a huge...

You --> you

-----

CHAIN C-ARANP a2712

== C-ARANP IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",0) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[ARAN] ...I think even be friends...

...I think we even be friends...

== C-ARANP IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~[ARAN] ...Then again, You done got a huge...

You --> you

== C-ARANP IF ~Gender(Player1,MALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",0) !Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[ARAN] ...Then again, You done got a huge...

You --> you

-----

a491

[bODHI] ...fond of him after all.All his resistance...

Spaces after all. --> ...after all. All his...

-----

a794

Aran - ...'live forever' thing didn't' rightly work out...

didn't' --> didn't

cmorgan edit: repairs at

https://github.com/cmorganbg/Aran-Whitehand/commit/d880a0e3c593daa02df2f600fce8ce07f7a972bb

Archived