General Bugs Encountered in EET

Roxanne

The funniest part :

I just got a new AROW07.ITM (Arrow of Dispelling), since I also lost some of the them, I save.

I check my CMBAG05.ITM (Ammon Belt), there is already 1 in it.

I put the 2nd arrow in the Ammo Belt and I still have one in the Ammo Belt (the bug has happened).

I reload and do it again : I get 2 Arrow of Dispelling in the Ammo Belt (no bug). I retry 10 times, still no bug :(

In The Stone of Askavar : The entrance of the cave north of Nashkel is not open (1620x3500 BG4300) (after having spoken to Cearwin).

However, I just discovered that tsoaV1_9.zip I have used this time is not the same file as tsoaV1_9.zip I used before :)
So, the bug is probably in the mod SoA itself I just post here in case someone has the same problem.

Edit : workaround : CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("ARS001")

Drow items de-integrating while in Underdark

In my EET playthrough I reached Underdark and equipped some drow items on PC and party members. The stuff turns to dust after a while even though I have not left Underdark.

I assume the script from some earlier mod episode I have played may be the reason, either

- DSotSC to remove drow items after you finished the tunnel episodes, or

- TDDz to remove stuff you gained from the Jarlaxle episode.

PS - congratulations to the drow portraits (most of) the party gets in the Underdark from the Silver Dragon - I immediately adopted this for Sandrah to make her drow as well.

PS - congratulations to the drow portraits (most of) the party gets in the Underdark from the Silver Dragon - I immediately adopted this for Sandrah to make her drow as well.

That isn't a standard feature of EET, is it?

That isn't a standard feature of EET, is it?

Yes, you are right - it is Isandir's Portrait Pack - I was mistaken by the K# pre-fix but I just found that K4thos coded the mod just like he did EET.

In my EET playthrough I reached Underdark and equipped some drow items on PC and party members. The stuff turns to dust after a while even though I have not left Underdark.

I assume the script from some earlier mod episode I have played may be the reason, either

I repeated the drow item issue - it happens in the drow city ar2200. The area has a flag for *CITY*, maybe that is the issue?

I repeated the drow item issue - it happens in the drow city ar2200. The area has a flag for *CITY*, maybe that is the issue?

Does it have the dungeon flag ? Aka, .are byte 0x048 bit 5 ?

That's the only thing that should actually matter and any drow item destroyer script that doesn't respect that flag is WRONGLY coded.

Does it have the dungeon flag ? Aka, .are byte 0x048 bit 5 ?

That's the only thing that should actually matter and any drow item destroyer script that doesn't respect that flag is WRONGLY coded.

No, that is why I expect the issue to be the flag for CITY here in ar2200 - it is a city, but for the drow item scripts it should not be. Not sure if it needs to have the city flag for some other triggers to work. Anyway, I think most mods using the city indicator in their scripts would not anticipate things to trigger in the drow capitale??

A drow city is a dungeon city, after all it's in a cave... it's not the city flag, it's the dungeon flag that needs to be present.

So the area kinda needs to have the both flags ... well... as this is about the items so, if it doesn't have the dungeon flag, they will disintegrate. That's how it was tweaked in one of the many scripts that took care of this in the past, so... unless you really want to reinvent the wheel and erase every trace of this, you need to follow the simple rule. If it's a closed space, it allows the usage of drow items and thus it needs to have the dungeon flag. City, apartment building, hotel or ...

A drow city is a dungeon city, after all it's in a cave... it's not the city flag, it's the dungeon flag that needs to be present.

So the area kinda needs to have the both flags ... well... as this is about the items so, if it doesn't have the dungeon flag, they will disintegrate. That's how it was tweaked in one of the many scripts that took care of this in the past, so... unless you really want to reinvent the wheel and erase every trace of this, you need to follow the simple rule. If it's a closed space, it allows the usage of drow items and thus it needs to have the dungeon flag. City, apartment building, hotel or ...

I am not reinventing the wheel - I am reporting a bug.

Unrelated to EET. This mod doesn't touch BG2/BG2:EE drow items implementation in SoA. By default these items are replaced with dust via AR2500.BCS. If it works differently in your game than some other mod you've installed changed the implementation - can't help with that. Just to be sure I've checked how it works in DSotSC and it can't be related to it too.

EET_Tweaks has component to remove drow item checks from baldur25.bcs and implement the item swapping when vanilla code is used:

SetGlobal("oh_drow_items_safe","GLOBAL",0)

by spawning invisible creature with appropriate script, but that code only exists in ToB, so it shouldn't affect SoA, unless some mod added the same variable as Beamdog to Undercity (and why would anyone set it to 0 in SoA during Undercity travels? Doubt it really).

Why wouldn't the item check just see what Chapter it is? >5 = disintegrate. Area dependency seems inefficient.

Cause it's definitely not chapter 5 in EET.

And the drow items are not supposed to break in non sunlight-ed areas. Just like the regular items are not supposed to break in SoA areas. In which case it could be: Chapter >5 not disintegrate... :p

Archived