Photo

NPC_EE ... new class and kit options for BGEE and BG2EE NPCs

54 replies to this topic

#46 Roxanne

Roxanne
  • Modders
  • 1576 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

And I completely disagree with the Imp to use ForceSpell as an alternative - enemy spellcasters may do that but your own NPC doing such things?? (Imoen vs Irenicus is not a valid example as this is a cutscene and you cannot verify whether Imoen has the spell she casts at that moment).

Sounds to me that you confuse the NPCs character to what happens in battle.
The NPCs battle script and override&dialog script are two different things. In a override script you can do this, but ONLY in case it's ran very limited times in game, not every 4-6 seconds... cause that would be a OP cheat.
You can't do that in battle script(in Near Infinity it's called "Class Script") either*, for the same reason, but that can be changed by the player so they can pick a better one that allows them to actually do things as with the new kit. It sounds like your NPC is the mother of the Player, trying to hold the little baby's hand a little TOO MUCH. See the players have until now, been able to hold their own without your cleric, hows yours going to change that ?

*The only caveat to this is that, for example the SCS allows limited use of this cause the enemy also can do the same thing(and it doesn't use the Force... either, but the other instant casting), so as to not break it's own rule, the player is allowed to a premade list of allowed easy to use actions by the SCSs attached scripts, and their quick action keys. I personally never use them though.

Thank you - thank you - thank you!!!

You put me back on the right track. I made a big mistake with interpreting the tests I made in the wrong way. In fact everything works fine.

When I changed my priestess of Mystra to a priestess of Talos, now why should she ever act like a priestess of Mystra again. No, of course not - a priestess of Talos never will get quests from the temple of Mystra - she will not constantly battle with followers of Talos (of course not). She will never receive any items or abilities from the Goddess of All Magic. Ergo, her behaviour after the change is exactly consequental to what the player wants from a priestess of Talos. And the same would be true for the other option, priestess of Lathander.

Testing my other NPCs becomes obsolete, they will follow the same pattern and be what the player wants them to be.

You change the god she follows and of course you change her plot, to expect something different was my big mistake here.

PS - I forgot to report that the neutral good priestess of Mystra nevertheless had the option to become a priestess of Talos (restricted to evil alignments??).

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#47 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2144 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:41 PM

Oh, good point. But I don't know if I can easily restrict that. For now at least, I think this stays as-is: in-game Shadowkeeper, with as few limitations as possible.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#48 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:04 AM

Hi, new bug 2.1

ERROR: cannot convert %d5_tempu% or %%d5_tempu%% to an integer
ERROR: [branwe.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR: Not_found
Choose a class for Branwen -> Make Branwen a multi-class fighter/cleric (NPCs Enhanced for Everyone) was not installed due to errors.

ERROR: [alora.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR: Not_found
Choose a class for Alora -> Make Alora a cleric/thief (NPCs Enhanced for Everyone) was not installed due to errors.

weidu log:

Spoiler

Edited by ALIENQuake, 05 March 2016 - 09:05 AM.

You cannot have progress without changes...

#49 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6203 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:37 AM

The d5_tempu is her kit, correct ?

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#50 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:08 PM

I've selected "Choose an class for Brawnen: 0242 Make Brawnen a multi-class fighter/cleric

#51 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:40 PM

Also I was under impression that "Component 2000: NPC kit choices" / "Component 3000: multiclass kit choices" are also applied to PC and dual-classed warriors clerics - could you please add such option?

#52 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2144 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:47 PM

Giving those to Charname is a whole different proposition, coding-wise.  The ability would have to be inserted into CLAB files, and there would have to be effects protecting from it in other CLAB files, and there would have to be class-targeting .effs... and all of that would end up adding duplicate abilities to NPCs.  Since this mod is specifically geared toward modifying NPCs, I'm going to keep this as an NPC-only thing, for now. 

Any player who wants to can give themselves the innate ability appropriate for their class by opening the console and typing

CluaConsole:AddSpell("d5_fikt")

Or, depending on your class:

...d5_rakt (rangers)

...d5_pakt (paladins)

...d5_clkt (clerics)

...d5_drkt (druids)

...d5_mokt (monks)

...d5_bakt (bards)

...d5_thkt (thieves)

...d5_makt (mages)

...d5_sokt (sorcerers)

Btw those .spl names are good for v2.2.  I fixed a bug that was letting the kit-switch ability come back after resting.  v2.2 is here:

https://github.com/s...eleases/tag/2.2

#53 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:58 AM

Ok, thanks, I will use you code. The bug report only appears with the combination of the mods from weidu - do you need a changelog from specific file maybe?

#54 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:31 AM

New version install without problems  :rotflmao:

#55 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2144 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:57 PM

Just want to drop a note to mention that this has been updated to version 2.6 which, among various small improvements, makes the mod ready for translation into other languages. If anyone is interested in translating, let me know. It should be a very small job, I think the .tra file has fewer than 80 strings, none of which are more than one line.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users