Crossmod Interest Thread

Kaeloree

[sHS] The Luxley Family (BG2)

Authors: Feuille, Miss Sakaki (Completed for SoA)

Homepage: http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/luxleys/

Forum: http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showforum=324

Nineteen-year-old Andrei Luxley left the Luxley estate for the first time only a couple of weeks before your meeting. He is a careful individual who makes an effort to not court others' bad feeling. Having lived in comfort with his family for all his life, he is fiercely loyal to them and will not suffer their injury, physically or verbally. However, there is another side to Andrei; he suffers periodically from what he calls a "Dark Rage" which sees him change from his previous persona to an aggressive one.

Andrei's older cousin Sebastian seems to enjoy enlightening him about the seedier aspects of Amn. He takes great delight in teasing Andrei incessantly, but beneath that he is protective to the point of fussiness. He is flirtatious with everyone and anyone, to the point of irritating other party members. While Sebastian seems to be content lazing in the lap of luxury and waxing lyrical on the importance of his art, some may have the suspicion that there's more to him than meets the eye.

*Note: modder permission not required for crossmod. Also, while the Luxleys are an NPC pair, we're fine with having content for only one of them if you're more comfortable writing for one than the other.

[sHS] Faren (BG2)

Authors: Feuille, Miss Sakaki (In Progress)

Homepage: http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/faren

Forum: http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showforum=521

Faren Blacknall is in the middle of a break from adventuring, but since he's the first to admit that Trademeet isn't the most exciting of places he's eager to get back on the road. He is laidback, easygoing and enjoys a good time, and while he is quite familiar with the concept of discretion being the better part of valour he will fight tenaciously to defend people who mean something to him. He is perhaps not as careful with his words as he should be, however, and sometimes will put his foot in it without really realising it.

*Note: modder permission not required for crossmod

Apologies for the ridiculously long Luxley description! I'd also like to say that permission isn't required for Nathaniel, either.

Both added!

(Oh, and as Domi mentioned in Kivan forum yesterday, and as mentioned in The Longer Road readme, Irenicus NPC is out-of-bounds - but that's neither here nor there, I suppose).

I'm having trouble tracking down this provision in the readme thread on SHS, and I don't recall it from the readme for the version of the mod I was previously dissecting (I do recall Dorotea stating that she was uncomfortable writing for someone else's NPC, which is different). If this is a new addition or clarification, would someone mind linking to it? If not, I need to download and comb through the latest version sooner or later anyway...

Kae, why isn't Arkalian in the "Sell us your NPCs" section? O.o

The Mage Trio

Larz is the son of a merchant, and a native of Athkatla. As the eldest child, he seemed well on his way to a successful life of running the family business. Prompted by discussions with friends, however, he sought out books of magic and began his own independent studies into the Arts. When his father learned of these studies, he was immediately disowned. With nowhere else to turn, Larz began to study under the tutelage of the Cowled Wizards. He did well, but chafed under the strict discipline they imposed, finding it alien to his nature. He chooses to be a wild mage.

Morul is the son of a wealthy merchant of Athkatla. In the course of being educated to follow in his father's footsteps, Morul came across some books left over from his sister's early studies. These books set for the ordered and organized view of magic held by the Cowled Wizards and detailed some of the reasonings behind it. Such a structured view of magic was new to Morul, and during the course of his studies, he discovered an unexpected aptitude for magic. After he finished the basic instruction set forth in the books, he turned to the Cowled Wizards themselves for further education. Morul plans to continue as a member of the organization, even after he inherits his father's estate. The education he has undergone in preparation for this day have made him a natural leader, and have enabled him to be comfortable in most situations. He hopes that traveling with <charname> will give him the experience he needs to carry out both of his goals.

Nara was a foundling, taken in by a Temple of Oghma when she was but a baby. She enjoyed her life there, and the priests encouraged her natural appetite for knowledge with great pride. Life as a cleric of Oghma seemed a natural fit for her, but shortly after she became a novitiate, she discovered a partially destroyed book of magic. During the intense study needed to understand the book, Nara developed a fascination for magic. After some time, she shifted the focus of her study to the magical arts. With the blessings of the priests, she moved to Athkatla to study under the Cowled Wizards. Her early role in the faith of Oghma still shapes her thinking, and she believes that no form of knowledge should be destroyed or kept hidden. She is endlessly curious and hopes that traveling will increase her knowledge.

I'll gladly co-write with anyone, but no one needs my permission to add banters to Crossmod.

Added :)

I'm having trouble tracking down this provision in the readme thread on SHS, and I don't recall it from the readme for the version of the mod I was previously dissecting (I do recall Dorotea stating that she was uncomfortable writing for someone else's NPC, which is different).

I asked Dorotea personally when someone asked me if there will be Kivan-Irenicus content what she does for Cross-mod, and she said that she won't do it for any fan-made characters, as her opinion on them is low.

I don't feel comfortable writing other peoples' NPCs well enough to have it incorporated into a mod, but I would like for Sarah to have some crossmod banter, especially with her ToB portion being released soon. If anyone would like to work with me via IM or IRC for this, I would be very grateful.

I'm having trouble tracking down this provision in the readme thread on SHS, and I don't recall it from the readme for the version of the mod I was previously dissecting (I do recall Dorotea stating that she was uncomfortable writing for someone else's NPC, which is different).

I asked Dorotea personally when someone asked me if there will be Kivan-Irenicus content what she does for Cross-mod, and she said that she won't do it for any fan-made characters, as her opinion on them is low.

...wow.

First, this still conflicts with what I'd previously understood both from Isilven who'd talked to her and reported only a "no NPC-NPC romance" restriction, and her readme which in at least one version said only that she wasn't comfortable with writing for anyone else's NPC. Is it simply that she doesn't want to be involved, or will she actually object to, or cause trouble for, others writing for Irenicus on their own initiative?

[EDIT]And second, I accept the challenge.

Newly released NPC for the pack:

[bWL] Kari (BG2) (alias Moongaze's Kari)

Author(s): Moongaze

Kari is an anthropomorphic wolfess and druid, part of a rare and isolated humanoid furry breed that is unknown to most. She is shy, innocent and naive, and has been picked on countless times because of what she is. Not just by fleas, either.

Homepage: None

Forum: http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=4074

Added :)

Could you please update Lsome forum entries to the following?

Change [bWL] to [MM] (Macabre>>Mods)

(Applies to Wikaede, Moongaze's Kari and Lockheart)

And replace the old blackwyrmlair forum link with this one:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/macabremods/in...hp?showforum=11

Also, the forum entries of Wikaede and Moongaze's Kari are no longer valid. I do not have any replacement forums at present, as both mods need to be created anew from scratch. I'd advise removing the links until further notice. I am still open to writing crossmod content for both mods, however.

And, a new entry:

[MM] Alcander Sidian (BG2)

Author(s): Moongaze

This mod introduces Alcander Sidian, a travelling warrior-mage from a far away land, hence his rather unusual accent that one either loves or loathes. Kind, caring, and with plenty a tale to tell, Alcander is always ready for a new challenge. Despite his relatively positive demeanor, he carries some dark secrets with him, that only a select few get to hear, including the girl who manages to capture his heart. (Romance module)

Homepage: None

Forum: http://z10.invisionfree.com/macabremods/in...hp?showforum=10

Archived