Neeshka's Romance Updates

greetings,

Just here to thanks you Domi (berelinde and recently Tchos too ^^ ) for keeping this great projet alive. I'm sure we are many people who check frequently this tread, with hopes and dreams, searching and waiting for news.

The fact that, years after the first release of the game, people still play and made mod for NWN2 it's awesome.

Keep going Domi . I wish you good luck for the end of your work !

(i'm not realy sure if "wish good luck for somebody/something" does realy exist in english but...don't care : it's still understandable :) )

By that, do you mean it isn't ever happening (as far as you can see), or that it isn't happening for the time being? If the former, could you release the source files so that others may pick up the torch?

I am more than happy to give it to anyone, lol, with a blanket permission as far as my files are concerned. Berelinde's files are obviously under her jurisdiction! The problem is, I tried playing the game, and I can't get comfortable with it. I don't remember how to move, cast spells etc. So I just give up in frustration :(

Yes please, if anyone would be so kind and not leave us Neeshka fans out, if nomone can adopt it then perhaps would you consider releasing the dialogues in text file format? Of course in some way to ensure no one uses them without your permission, sorry i'm new to modding :), I just absolutely adore Neeshka she's easily in my top 5 favorite rpg characters if not on the 1st place.And any piece of writing especially by someone as good at it as you are (from what i've heard and the little i got access to) is ambrosia to me :). Thank you for all your hard work.

Thanks for your kind words. :) I haven't heard from Tchos, and I didn't do anything. Dunno, if my writing is all that great in the 'written out' format, as it does change when the dialogue proceeds. If you are really interested to see what there is I can pm you a DL link to the alpha which will have about 2 Acts worth of the romance, but it might glitch & I am pretty helpless to well, help out much.

Hey there. Last we spoke in PM, Domi, you mentioned that there was some working sub-forum for the mod that you were going to talk to someone about getting me access to. I checked a few times, but I haven't seen that forum appear on the list, though I may just not know where to look. If there's information in there about where you were going with this mod, discussion on its direction or anything else that might help make sense of the files, it would be useful and welcome.

No, I just put upload link there. I'll whistle to the admins again, see if someone is around now.

There is little to the mod really - just the set of the dialogues at certain conditions, tbh. What I can do if you wish, I can easily code the texts of the remaining dialogues to get the linkages (since I have a specific way I write the draft files) and take off that boring workload off of you? And you can put it on scripts? My problem was that I couldn't run the game, totally out of habit, text files in the editor I still remembered how to do just fine.

MMO tells me that the zip of the mod got corrupted anyway, so I will need to re-upload.

The mod was not corrupted when I downloaded it from the link you gave me, but I notice it doesn't include the scripts I sent you for firing Neeshka's dialogue in the docks.

If by coding the texts you mean copying the lines into dialogue nodes with their responses linked as intended, yes, that would be a help, but I'd also like to know which dialogue files themselves are specific to the Neeshka Romance, and which are common to the overall OC Romance or Flirt Pack. And did you mark your additions in any way in the dialogue files, such as adding non-displaying comments to the nodes?

To help pick up what was left undone, I need to know what was still unfinished, and what was not started. Was there any sort of discussion archived or written about the general arc of things, what you wanted to happen, etc.? In other words, the design philosophy?

Archived