• 14 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

When Tyris joins your party her armour is shown like it was already upgraded

#17 nurgles_herald

nurgles_herald
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Under my current build, I can't revive Tyris at the Statue of Amaunator. Then again, I have a... lot of mods installed, to say the least, so it could be a compatibility issue, but I did run Bigg's fixpack so I was hoping that I'd eliminated that as a cause for problems.

#18 The BlueHawk

The BlueHawk
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

I don't know if this is a bug but the lovetalks seem to be starting a lot faster than they should be. I exited Chateau Irenicus, got Aerie, Viconia and Jan and then I went to Umar Hills to get Tyris. A little while after that I had Aerie's first lovetalk. Later after I had just beaten the Shade Lord I got Tyris' first lovetalk at the same time as Aerie's second lovetalk. Thats when Tyris' lovetalks started to speed up. However, this could be because of the mods I am using. Thought I'd mention it just in case.

Edited by The BlueHawk, 25 June 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#19 ancalimohtar

ancalimohtar
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

I don't know if this is a bug but the lovetalks seem to be starting a lot faster than they should be. I exited Chateau Irenicus, got Aerie, Viconia and Jan and then I went to Umar Hills to get Tyris. A little while after that I had Aerie's first lovetalk. Later after I had just beaten the Shade Lord I got Tyris' first lovetalk at the same time as Aerie's second lovetalk. Thats when Tyris' lovetalks started to speed up. However, this could be because of the mods I am using. Thought I'd mention it just in case.

I'm having a similar problem. I have some banter mods installed, including the accelerator, but nobody else is moving this quickly. I wouldn't even mind so much if it weren't for the fact that now I'm stuck at a point where she continually starts the catching-each-other-staring-while-walking "banter" with literally 0 time in between. I can't even move my characters because they keep triggering.

Spoiler

WeiDU.log:
Spoiler

#20 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modders
  • 5770 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

It's not a |"scripts are moving too quickly" problem, it's a "Tyris has a bug in one of her talks and it's stuttering" problem. To check what it is, we need a more or less exact line from the mod - I've searched for "stare", "staring" and "walking", but couldn't find the talk you referred to.

#21 ancalimohtar

ancalimohtar
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:41 AM

It's not a |"scripts are moving too quickly" problem, it's a "Tyris has a bug in one of her talks and it's stuttering" problem. To check what it is, we need a more or less exact line from the mod - I've searched for "stare", "staring" and "walking", but couldn't find the talk you referred to.

Well, it's one of a couple options. I'm at romance stage "1" still, and found the dialogues in Flirts.tra:

@0 = ~(You glance across at Tyris and notice that she is already looking in your direction.)~ [G3MUTE]
@1 = ~(You make eye contact for the briefest of moments before Tyris turns away with a pleased smile on her face.)~
@2 = ~(She smiles at you and offers a playful wink before looking back at the road ahead.)~
@3 = ~Eyes to the road, darling. I'd hate to see you caught unawares because you were too busy ogling us ladyfolk.~

It's line 0, which can trigger one of 1, 2, 3.

I tried changing the romance variable to "2" and then the same thing would happen, except these were the lines triggered:

@10 = ~(Tyris approaches with a sultry smile on her lips. It's moments like this that make you forget the horrors you've recently experienced.)~ [G3MUTE]
@11 = ~(She strokes the side of your face affectionately before tenderly kissing you on the lips.) I love you, <CHARNAME>. Never forget that.~

Finally, I can stop these flirts from triggering if I change the romance variable to "3" (or force-talk her and tell her I just want to be friends) which is what I've done in the meantime until I can find a solution to this bug.
WeiDU.log:
Spoiler

#22 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modders
  • 5770 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

It's Tyris-initiated flirts. Shouldn't happen at all, or requires careful debugging - I'll try to look into it tomorrow. Are they happening each second? Not every fifteen minutes? Because if they're happening every fifteen minutes, they work as they
should.

In the meantime, setting this variable via console might help(if you select Tyris, though I never ever tried it with LOCALS):
SetGlobal("G#TF.TyrisFlirtNow","LOCALS",10)

#23 ancalimohtar

ancalimohtar
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

It's Tyris-initiated flirts. Shouldn't happen at all, or requires careful debugging - I'll try to look into it tomorrow. Are they happening each second? Not every fifteen minutes? Because if they're happening every fifteen minutes, they work as they
should.

In the meantime, setting this variable via console might help(if you select Tyris, though I never ever tried it with LOCALS):
SetGlobal("G#TF.TyrisFlirtNow","LOCALS",10)

Yeah they're happening about every second.

That worked! Is that a timer (in minutes) for how long between flirts?
WeiDU.log:
Spoiler

#24 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modders
  • 5770 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

It's a variable that controls flirts. Setting it to a high random value just stopped the flirts.

#25 ancalimohtar

ancalimohtar
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

When Tyris joins your party her armour is shown like it was already upgraded

I think I've encountered this as well. When I upgraded at Cromwell's forge, I got the exact same item, as far as I can tell. Which probably means I've had the upgraded version from the very beginning? AC 5, 50% fire resist, -1 casting speed?

PS her lovetalks still happen basically instantaneously. If I sleep, I hit the next lovetalk; when I wake up, all the next lovetalks rapidfire trigger, until I hit another sleep one, which will wait until a sleep. The flirts issue went away with Kulyok's suggestion, but I feel like this is all really one issue...
WeiDU.log:
Spoiler

#26 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modders
  • 5770 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

I recall there was a post by Lollorian that explained a bug in flirts. But it was deleted? Strange, and a pity, because I couldn't find the bug from the first try. All right, let me see the code for the at-rest events:

No, I don't see anything specially bad, it's regular lovetalk code, and yet your timers went haywire for some reason.

Maybe you picked up the dialogue option like "it's not really the bet time/talk again"? Because Tyris is annoying that way: she'd just replay the same list of lovetalks, and theoretically, it can lead to a loop. So you've got two options:
1) never ever ask Tyris to "talk again later", but listen to her stories patiently, and see what happens;
2) skip most of her talks: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("G#TF.Lovetalk","LOCALS",40) and click on her. I don't recommend 2), since you skip most of the romance, including sex, which ain't good.

#27 Lollorian

Lollorian

clueless

• Modders
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

Nah that was just me being blind for a second and not seeing a variable that was very clearly set :p (my post was deleted legitimately)

#28 ancalimohtar

ancalimohtar
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

I recall there was a post by Lollorian that explained a bug in flirts. But it was deleted? Strange, and a pity, because I couldn't find the bug from the first try. All right, let me see the code for the at-rest events:

No, I don't see anything specially bad, it's regular lovetalk code, and yet your timers went haywire for some reason.

Maybe you picked up the dialogue option like "it's not really the bet time/talk again"? Because Tyris is annoying that way: she'd just replay the same list of lovetalks, and theoretically, it can lead to a loop. So you've got two options:
1) never ever ask Tyris to "talk again later", but listen to her stories patiently, and see what happens;
2) skip most of her talks: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("G#TF.Lovetalk","LOCALS",40) and click on her. I don't recommend 2), since you skip most of the romance, including sex, which ain't good.

Basically the way I'm looking at it is I'm using Tyris because her voice acting is excellent, she's a strong (and necessary, for my party) character, and her interjections are fresh and new to me, so I don't mind the manic-depressive pace of her lovetalks, and the I've seen all the flirts anyway.

In any case, although I installed the G3 tweakpack's multiple romance cheat, Jaheira's variable always gets set to 3 after every Tyris lovetalk, so I manually turned the Tyris variable to 3 so I can finish all of Jaheira's harper quests first, then I'll reset the Tyris bipolar romance to 2.

So it's a workaround and it breaks immersion, but I'm looking at it as getting to see content rather than having a perfectly smooth playthrough as if it were a retail game.
WeiDU.log:
Spoiler

#29 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modders
  • 5770 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Multiromancing is generally not supported by NPC/romance mod makers, so it's best to mention that you had multiromance first so nobody would help you - it's probably what caused all the issues in your game.

#30 ancalimohtar

ancalimohtar
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

Multiromancing is generally not supported by NPC/romance mod makers, so it's best to mention that you had multiromance first so nobody would help you - it's probably what caused all the issues in your game.

I thought I mentioned it in the first post, I guess I only mentioned the accelerator and banter packs, my bad.

On this topic though, I really don't understand why multiromance is not standard. I just want to see all the content and play all the quests. Just like multstrongholds, I don't understand why that wouldn't be the default for modmakers. Just don't mess with other NPCs romance variables.
WeiDU.log:
Spoiler

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users