Epic Endeavours Mod on GemRB

Ishad Nha

Mission Nine, those Monks are supposed to be pushovers! Instead they make mincemeat of us every time. They have immunity to Slow, some nasty attacks and enhanced movement. Party lacks magical armor and shields, there is no Adventurer's Mart or people selling bonus items.
I don't know if Gem has beefed up the Monks or not, I will have to try this on official BG2 at some point.

Mission Ten, some innocents turn into weak Young monsters who then turn into strong monsters. Clearly you need to kill the Young monsters before they become dangerous. If you just kill them in a pre-emptive strike, before the innocents turn into monsters, you destroy your reputation. My approach is to lure them a few at a time towards some Skull Traps.

Mission Ten
Magic Missile is effective against single Young. Ditto Flame Throwers.

Cheating? The instructions for the mission suggest the use of ranged weapons:
"Mission 10 - Otherworlds - Difficulty: Hard
Our enemy is planning to use a race of other-worldly beings against us. From our reports they are extremely hostile with dare I say it some sort of acid for blood. Try and kill them from long range as getting personal with them will only get your face melted off.
To help you in this you will be allocated several flamethrowers for the job. Make sure you are not overburdened before you teleport over as the flamethrowers are very heavy. Several grenades will also be given to you to make your job easier.
They are led by their queen, killing her will prevent the bitch from spawning further soldiers. Our own researchers would like to study them, so you must also try to bring back a sample preferably some of the queen's eggs or part of their young.
A team of knights was sent over earlier on, but I have not heard from them since. Try to find out what happened to them. They were good soldiers, although I already fear the worst..."

No, I wait till they turn into Young, then I kill them. Reputation of 1 is something I can do without.

When they are innocents they are stationary, when they are Young they become mobile and move towards the party. Wait till they turn hostile then lure them away from the temporarily still-innocent.

On Gem the mod is working quite well so far.

Walkthrough by Jub seems to miss an entire sidequest!
It is accessed by clicking on the cockpit of the Spelljammer. I had Ctrl+4 toggled on when I noticed this blue zone near the center of the map. This is covered in the French walkthrough but not the English version. Author of the latter was wondering where the Hunter was.
In side quest we got all sorts of quest items for reasons that I don't understand. Ihtafeer's head, Dace's hand, the Demon heart...

Near Infinity showed the Hunter carrying all this stuff too, it is not a fault in the game.

I am now going back to do Mission Nine, the Monks are tough. It seems that they can be Slowed, Chaos may have some effect too.

Cache is never cleared out when I quit the game.
When an enemy is killed, if line of sight to his body is blocked by a wall, any items he has won't be revealed by pressing the Alt key...
If a corpse is in plain view, the items will be shown by Alt.

Mission Ten, Return Scroll puts party into a cutscene which never ends. I forget the Gem code for ending a cut scene.
Problem was custom code:

IF
Global("Over","GLOBAL",10)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartCutSceneMode()
SetGlobal("Over","GLOBAL",0)
DisplayStringHead(Player1,10027) // Okay, let's go.
TakePartyItemAll("lhMIS10b") // Mission Scroll 10 - Return
FadeToColor([20.0],0)
Wait(1)
PlaySound("PORTAL2")
Wait(2)
ActionOverride(Player1,LeaveAreaLUAPanic("AR1502","",[938.608],2))
ActionOverride(Player1,LeaveAreaLUA("AR1502","",[938.608],2))
ActionOverride(Player2,LeaveAreaLUA("AR1502","",[967.632],2))
ActionOverride(Player3,LeaveAreaLUA("AR1502","",[998.649],2))
ActionOverride(Player4,LeaveAreaLUA("AR1502","",[1035.638],2))
ActionOverride(Player5,LeaveAreaLUA("AR1502","",[998.606],2))
ActionOverride(Player6,LeaveAreaLUA("AR1502","",[974.574],2))
MultiPlayerSync()
FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
Wait(2)
EndCutSceneMode()
ClearAllActions()
SaveGame(0)
END

Solution was to use the code that is normally used in exiting a mission:

IF
Global("Over","GLOBAL",10)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Over","GLOBAL",0)
TakePartyItemAll("lhMIS10b") // Mission Scroll 10 - Return
ClearAllActions()
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutScene("LHRT1502")
END

Mission 11, one of the two enemy Leaders is killed then there is no corpse and no treasure. This is LHLDR1E, this is due to the Class script, LHLDR1E.BCS:
IF
HPLT(Myself,1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Deactivate(Myself)
DestroySelf()
END

Mission 12, I sent an Invisible Druid ahead of the party to Heal the Silver Dragon, which was previously Near Death.

Mission 13 was something else. Two Fanatics at the start would do Kamikaze explosions if a PC got near. I sent a single PC ahead to soak up the damage.
Snipers were tough, especially the last four near the exit. However they had no magical melee weapons, so a Fire Elemental summoned into their loft was able to make short work of them.

Good.

"Heh, i wonder why they wouldn't simply set the 'no corpse' flag in the leader if they wanted that. DestroySelf leaves no corpse so that's hardly a bug."
LHLDR1E
Did not leave anything unless his class script was deleted. When script was deleted he left some items including a scalp worth XP. Apparently he was meant to drop those items?
LHLDR2E
The Leader left his scalp when he was killed, it was worth some XP.

Final mission was a very imaginative alteration of how battles are handled by BG2, it was probably the largest combat in IE history! It was a bit much, I just skipped it.

Could not find the eeweiduuninstall program so I had to manually delete everything in the Override folder that was created or modified after the installation of EE.

Format of EE is different to BG2, there is no overland map. You are based in a castle and you can only leave to go on specific missions. None of the BG2 shops exist in EE, there are a few EE replacements but in EE the party never has the same variety of items compared to the BG2 game. You find a problem enemy, you look around for the weapon that would solve your problem in BG2 and you don't have it in EE.
Extra Healing Potions were in short supply at times, they were never for sale.

Archived