Give HLA to specific Mages -- Zallanora?

Daxtreme

Hey guys,

I haven't actually tested it because it's quite long getting to the last Cowled Wizards, but does Zallanora have HLA's when installing the specific mages?

She isn't listed, but I think she should have them. In the original game she casts double Time Stops, has a contingency Time Stop, casts Spellstrike, and stuff like that, she's definitely a step above most high-level mages in this game.

Can anyone confirm if she has/doesn't have HLA's with the "Give HLAs to specific mages" component installed?

Thanks again for this awesome mods by the way :)

Dax

It depends on what SCS components you install. Open the weidu.log file with Notepad and check.

Like I said, I installed the HLA abilities for specific mages in BG2 :)

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6021 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to spellcasters -> Only selected spellcasters in Throne of Bhaal and Shadows of Amn get HLAs: v30forSR

Zallanora isn't in the list in the readme, and I was wondering if it was an oversight or something from the mod developers, because she should have HLAs in my opinion since she is one of the strongest spellcasters in the game (if she doesn't already have them)

I was wondering if someone tested Zallanora because it's quite difficult getting to fight her since you have to fight a random amount of Cowled Wizards before you can fight her.

She definitely has them on my install, but there all mages above lvl17 get HLAs regardless of SoA or ToB. Just CTRL-Y the bastards, or CLUA her in.

We don't have the same install, sadly. I like to have HLAs only available to "la crème de la crème" of spellcasters, pardon my french :p

What is the CLUA command for Zallanora, do you happen to know? I'd test it right now but I don't know

She definitely has them on my install, but there all mages above lvl17 get HLAs regardless of SoA or ToB. Just CTRL-Y the bastards, or CLUA her in.

We don't have the same install, sadly. I like to have HLAs only available to "la crème de la crème" of spellcasters, pardon my french :p

What is the CLUA command for Zallanora, do you happen to know? I'd test it right now but I don't know

Try

CreateCreature("Mage18z")

To re-iterate, I have "Give HLAs to specific mages in SoA & ToB" installed.

Alright so I console-spawned Zallanora on two occasions, she used a LOT of spells including 3 time stops, Wish --> Time Stop, lots of nukes, symbols, etc. In total at least 5 level 9 spells. She actually almost managed to get me.

And yet -- No HLAs (and only 6,000 XP wut? She should be worth at least 20,000 with all those spells!)

But it's not a bug, she's simply not part of the list, but I think she should be.

Like I said in my original post, the "Give HLAs to specific mages" component should give her HLAs in my opinion. As the final boss of the Cowled Wizards, she's definitely one of the strongest spellcasters in the game and would have no problem competing with the likes of Irenicus, Shangalar, Kangaxx, etc.

So this is my (albeit small) suggestion to SCS -- Zallanora should be part of the list.

I know it sounds like a waste of time, but it's the little things :)

You can add her to the list on your install.

Go to stratagems/mage/hla; open soa_spec.2da, add Mage18z to list. Reinstall is needed.

Just the "Give HLAs to specific mages" component right, not the whole SCS?

Yes. But mage18z is already there.... :undecided:

Uh-oh

I didn't modify anything, here's the list when I open "soa_spec.2da"

UDTRAP04
SUSUNEER
SUJON
PPIRENI2
HLSHANG
HLSHADE
HLLICH
HLLAYEN
HLKANG
CELICH
LICHEL01
MAGE18Z
JARLICH
HLDEMI
HELLSLAY

She's already there! I fought her twice, no HLA's

Opened the file on my brother's computer as well, MAGE18Z is already in the file.

She's also not on the list on the Readme. Official list: "Alchra Diagott; Suneer; Irenicus (all forms); Shangalar; the Shade Lich; the Elemental Lich; Layene; Kangaxx the Lich; Lagole Gon"

So this is a bug after all! lol

edit: this has been solved in the Spell Revisions forum -- basically Zallanora has access to HLAs and Deirex the Lich as well even though they're not listed in the Readme. Mine didn't work because of install order.

Case closed :)

Archived