Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

JPS

To bring the discussion back to tweak pack ideas: there are some conversations in the gae that only take place when a character is wounded. I looked through Jaheira's dialogue files and found two conversations with Aerie and one with Nalia that only happen if they are below 10 hp, and a conversation with Mazzy that only happens when Jaheira is below 15 hp.

Since I usually don't leave my party members wounded after a battle if I can help it, I've never gotten any of these in the game (and I only looked at Jaheira's files, so there could be more of them). The conversations with Aerie, especially, would add a lot to the game, particularly if they have been arguing over a certain main character...

Anyway, it would probably be quite easy to change the conditions from 10 hp to, say, 1/2 or 3/4 of the character's total hp, which would make them a lot more likely to turn up in the game.

To bring the discussion back to tweak pack ideas: there are some conversations in the gae that only take place when a character is wounded. I looked through Jaheira's dialogue files and found two conversations with Aerie and one with Nalia that only happen if they are below 10 hp, and a conversation with Mazzy that only happens when Jaheira is below 15 hp.

Since I usually don't leave my party members wounded after a battle if I can help it, I've never gotten any of these in the game (and I only looked at Jaheira's files, so there could be more of them). The conversations with Aerie, especially, would add a lot to the game, particularly if they have been arguing over a certain main character...

Anyway, it would probably be quite easy to change the conditions from 10 hp to, say, 1/2 or 3/4  of the character's total hp, which would make them a lot more likely to turn up in the game.

I also think that's a good idea. The "wounded" dialogues I've written for Aklon all trigger from a certain percent of HP remaining (although I was only guessing that I could do that). 10hp is the verge of death for most high level charaters, so I (and JPS apparently :D ) don't like to leave them there for very long.

Archived