[Not an issue] Yoshimo/Minsc oddities with v1.7

faure

1. I cannot change Yoshimo at all... error when installing Yoshimo component (no matter what class I change him to)

2. I change Minsc to a barbarian with 18con, yet he has way fewer HP than other characters. He has like 75hp compared to my undead hunter 120 or so.

Have you installed this BG2Tweaks component?

Higher HP on Level Up

This component provides the player with a choice of two options that will increase average HPs when characters level up.

• Maximum. This option will ensure that the dice roll will always be the highest available.
  • NWN-style. This option will ensure that the range of possible HPs gained will always be in the higher half of the range, i.e. results will always be 4-6 on 1d6, 5-8 for 1d8, etc.

Please note that barbarian characters will interact badly with this component due to their hardcoded nature. The Maximum option will not affect them, and the NWN-Style will cause them to roll 5d12 for their hit points.

If you have, and used the maximum option, Yoshimo will have max HP and Minsc only roll a 1d12.

As for Yoshimo, the problem is not his HP but rather just that I cannot install the Yoshimo component... I get an error.
Do as the install file says and copy paste the info in the .debug file that the mod makes in the install time and paste it to the text portion of this:
[spoiler]text[/spoiler]

Eh, what Jarno said. Though, hmm, that isn't in the readme for some odd reason - I thought it was. Anyway, open SETUPLEVEL1NPCS.DEBUG with a text editor and paste the contents in spoiler tags. Don't really need the whole thing but I guess it won't hurt as long as we've got spoiler tags now (kinda spammy otherwise).

Edit: oh and make sure you have the latest version (v1.9).

Archived