Anything we can do for Imprisonment and Romances?

I think the bigg "improved" on Galactygon's "fix" for this. I believe there are issues with both of them (there is a thread of them arguing about it in the bigg house at FW, I think). Between the two of them there should be an actual solution.

On a side note, does anyone know how imprisonment works? It's just occured to me that I don't know off the top of my head.

Is the affected character kicked out of the party? Does the .cre get saved in the .are, in the savegame, or are they still in the party, just marked as "imprisoned". Is state_imprisoned a state? I guess I should pay more attention to stuff, and less attention to none-stuff.

They are kicked out of the party. That is what causes the bug.

What we should be able to do is to change Imprisonment to be the same thing as Maze but last for 32000 seconds. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

So is perhaps the best solution to write rejoining dialogues in case they were imprisoned? Basically so they say, I'm glad that's over are we ready to go on? And then you'd have an option to say yeah alright (reactivating the romance accordingly) or errr... we don't have room, and then you link to their usual leaving rant.

How would we implement a variable that checks to see whether the party member was imprisoned or not?

I have had romanced party members installed without anything installed but the ToB official patch and the romance was not killed.

Could it be possible to change the variable used when the player deliberately kicks out the NPC via dialogue? If I understand correctly, that would also mean editing the scripts, but it might be easier than trying to track down how and where Imprisonment sets the variable.

I just had a thought.... I'm pretty sure that I've had romanced NPCs petrified before and kept the romance going. A stone-to-fleshed NPC has to be recruited back into the party, so can we steal how that works?

Archived