[closed]BGQE v9 open beta (for BG1:TotSC, Tutu, BGT, BG:EE): Download

Simple thanks here!

Been playing with this mod (with tutu) for some time already and it worked for the first couple of versions of BGEE but 1.2 beta and following had problems so this mod was lost... It's cool that it found itself again! (hehehe).

I'm going to test it and if anything goes bad, I'll just write it here... Great job jastey!

Thanks again!

Vortaka

I've just finished installting (all) my mods... (and the ALL is why it took me so long! :) )

Anyway, the mod seems to work fine (I've only done Candlekeep start quest thought) but it's a GOOD start! Only the install gives me some little "error like" trouble... It tells me that my state.ids doesn't have CD_STATE_NOTVALID line... And, after checking an old TUTU ids, it seems to be the TUTU (0x80101fef) but not in BGEE state.ids... So, technically, I think it's not that important, right?

Something even stranger is the fact that in the log file, it's written like it installed without a problem, so I think yet again, that it's not THAT important! I'll keep in touch!

Vortaka

Well, it should say something like this in the DEBUG file:

Appending [0x80101FEF CD_STATE_NOTVALID...] to [sTATE.IDS] because it does NOT contain [CD_STATE_NOTVALID]
And that means it got patched during installation, so everything is fine.

I've just started Alanna and the slime quest and I personally like all the lines that were added! Since Neera replyed too, I really think this is NOT part of the original! And, if I remember right, Imoen's giggling isn't part of the version I played anyway! :)

Really, this is great! Keep it up!

Vortaka

Ok, so after more hours, here's my "final" text on the subject (unless I find bugs or have good ideas that may be implemented).

- Quest Done: Slime Quest, Family Treasure Quest, Babysitting in Nashkel, Monster in Nashkel*, Undying Love in Fishing Village, Unexpected Help, Drunk near Temple are all finished... No glitch, everything great and, as stated before, characters new lines are, even though a little much sometimes I think, they are still great and they well fit the characters... They are enjoyable.

*Haven't played the extension yet however...

Fallen Paladin (not in Baldur's Gate yet!)

Love sick half Orc: I've seen him but your supposed to talk to him again in Baldur's Gate, right?

Drunk near Temple: Yup, that's a cool way to make him "active" in a quest!

Easter Egg: You could add the mother coming to see you (happy or not, who knows... wait!).

I know! She's not happy cause she doesn't have the means to care for all of them... Give her 10gp and she'll be overjoyed (exp bonus? and rep bonus?), give her 1gp (nothing happends but a thank you) or don't give her a thing (rep -1?) Would be cool for an Easter Egg!

Vortaka

Heh. I was thinking about the mother, but then I left it as one quest where the PC doesn't get to see how it ends. But, who knows, maybe I feel like adding this extention in a later version.

Thank you for the feed back so far! The half-orc will be met in BG again, that is correct.

Well, all right I did not play BGEE since release and certainly not with current 1.2 build, so I don't know, if BGEE still has messy journal or is this the fault of BGQE, After talking to Linda in Winthrop's Inn, there should be journal entry, according to message in dialog box anyway, but there wasn't any at all. Journal pages are blank as novice wizard's magic book.

I got a feeling that they did not fix the journal completely, but it's also possible that there's a bug within BGQE.

Archived