[released] Sir Ajantis for BGII mod

jastey

no problem. + 2 to hit and damage to all evil then or someting

Ajantis with this kind of shield and Foebane = REKT!!

also replace lvl drain immunity (probably useless in ToB) with maze immunity or stun.

Edited by InKal

Thank you for feedback and ideas (and for playing the mod, of course).

The shield is not very powerful on purpose. But it should be "alright" for ToB, so if it is too weak let me know. But it is a feature, to some extend. The player has to decide: does he use Ajantis' family shield, or does he equip him with a better one. (Maybe I'll change my mind if I actually play with him and the shield in the party, but I think with the improvements by Cespenar, the shield should be comparable with other ToB equipment.)

ahh...Cespy can upgrade his shield, I didn't know that. Cool.

anyway I'm using him as 2H fighter right now with dex gauntlets and ....Lilarcor "Hands up, kiddies, who wants to die?!" for a lawful good paladin. :mwaha: "Let's whack something eeeevvvvillllll....."

I must watch him and be sure that he's not being targeted by monsters for too long. When hes strength is raised to 18/00 courtesy of Anomen or by potion, he is able to put some thoughts into the thick skull of cornugon for example very quickly.

I am working on a continuos verision for BGT (and, later EET) atm.

For BGT, continuous means in the sense of romance status from BG1NPC romance. It does not mean same stats and items as in BG1, because it's too much work (including the needed testing).

It also means that the Ajantis BGII quest and joining will not happen if Ajantis was left dead in BG1, turned hostile, or never joined the group at all.

The latter, too, is due to the fact that I wrote the mod with the background of Ajantis fighting alongside the PC in BG1 in mind, and will not spend more work into making it compatible for the case of "never joined in BG1".

I will not disable the original encounter at the Windspear Hills, Ajantis is not the only BG1 NPC making an appearance although maybe killed in BG1. Fierkraag just doesn't show any intentions on abducting the knights in this case, so no quest, no rescue, and no living Ajantis. I don't know of any ingame explanation for this that isn't 4th wall breaking, but the game itself is guilty of that, too (think of the two different endings of Anomen's murder hunt). And, honestly, I don't think there are so many players out there not taking Ajantis in BG1 but wanting him in BGII, so.

For EET, I am thinking about making it really continuous, as in same stats and items, and also disabling Ajantis being one of the knights in the Windspear Hills if he already died in BG1 (unless that is already taken care of in EET). There is no ETA for the EET version, though.

if he already died in BG1 (unless that is already taken care of in EET).

EET does not take care, as Ajantis (without your mod) would not spawn in BG2 and the Windspear creatures have other script names. Anyway, the whole scene there is a farce staged by Firkraag, so the scoundrel may as well animate some dead companions.

Working with globals that get across is a good idea for BGT, you might extend it to preserve his level from BG1 as well, like setting some Global("x#AjaLevel","Global") which increments or is set on level up and which you read in BG2. (Doing this for other stats is probably too much work for too little effect.

EET does not take care, as Ajantis (without your mod) would not spawn in BG2 and the Windspear creatures have other script names. Anyway, the whole scene there is a farce staged by Firkraag, so the scoundrel may as well animate some dead companions.

I was thinking whether Keldorn's and Anomen's remarks* after the Windspear Hill fight get suppressed if Ajantis died in BG1 (it's the only way to notice Ajantis would be one of the knights, anyway).

Anomen's is buggy in original BGII, anyway, because Garren appears too early. BGII:EE introduced a Wait(1) so there it should show.

I was thinking whether Keldorn's and Anomen's remarks* after the Windspear Hill fight get suppressed if Ajantis died in BG1 (it's the only way to notice Ajantis would be one of the knights, anyway).

Anomen's is buggy in original BGII, anyway, because Garren appears too early. BGII:EE introduced a Wait(1) so there it should show.

You could simply

ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER Garren 0

~!Dead("Ajantis")~

which would add this condition to ALL existing transitions

You need then to add a new transition

EXTEND_BOTTOM Garren 0

IF ~Dead("Ajantis")~ THEN REPLY ~It appears that I have been tricked into killing these knights!~GOTO 2

END

Similar then for Garren 1

Apart from EE:NPC-Ajantis content and continuity for BGT and EET, bugfixes, improvements in coding and small additions, v15 will also contain the following changes:

• Reworked PID system: This will hopefully increase playability and usefulness of the serious dialogues triggered via PID, which in former versions kind of get lost in the random flirting options.
    • All serious dialogues will be bundled in the option 'I would like to talk to you'.
    • This option only appears if there are active questions/topics present.
    • Ajantis gives a DisplayStringHead 'I am ready to answer new questions' if new PIDs options are available in the 'I would like to talk to you' section.
    • Any dialogue started via this option will cycle back to the 'I would like to talk to you' section, so all active questions can be asked in one go without having to activate the PID again and again (this might turn out to be a nuisance for instances later in game if there might be only one question active, though)
  • Reworked 'free Ajantis' quest: After completing the quest the party will return to the area they started in (although not exactly the same spot, but reasonably placed)
  • Changes and Improvements to the Romance Path:
    • Reworked 'thinking' cycle after decision of his parents. In the old version, Ajantis would judge by reputation and number of what he thinks are bad decisions of the PC. In the new version, the player will have control over the future of the relationship. There is an internal counter regarding the PC's replies, though. Ajantis will judge her replies and offers to release her from her vows of marriage if the PC gives the impression to be unhappy about the situation.
    • Added the possibility to wait with the wedding until Imoen is freed. The possibility to postbone the wedding until after the Underdark was already implemented, but now the PC has the possibility to actively wish it that way.
Edited by jastey

I'm running into a bug with this mod. I fight Bodhi and have to kill Ajantis, but when I take him to be resurrected at the Temple ruins, he comes back and doesn't initiate dialogue. When spoken to, I get the dialogue as though I'd removed him from the party, and he just rejoins with no new dialogue.