IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

Well, I usually wait until I have at least a few things to fix or add to make a new patch. Right now, I have just the bug fix from April (...and I've been thinking about making a new icon for Dagger of the Star). Eventually, I'll add the BG2:EE items, but I have not started them yet...and considering how badly designed the majority of the new EE items are, I'm not in a terrible rush to start.

Edited by Bartimaeus

@Bartimaeus I would like to thank you for your great job.

I have installed your mod with BWS with no problems.

Hobgoblins are missing bastard sword animations. They are attacking with bare hand dealing slashing damage. They drop bastard swords alright.

Edited by Hubal

Thanks for the feedback, both of you. Hmm @ Hobgoblins - not sure if that's my fault or not, I'll have to look closer. Thanks!

I did two BWS instalations. One with IR 4.10 but its having problems with paperdolls. The other one with your mod and the only bug i have found so far is with the bastard swords( they cannot be sold also). I am using Steam EE versions of the game.

Said it before but I find it really inconvenient that IR reduces the item stack size in the EEs. Is there no way to keep the expanded size?

​13. BG1:EE items now handled (only applies to EE-games - revisions at this time are very minor and likely to stay that way, though most items did have their prices and lores fixed - I can't believe they bothered making so many bad items...). BG2:EE items to be done at some later date.

I would personally just remove them, except the NPC items. They're pretty horrible.

Edited by Incantatar

What are their default stack sizes in the EEs (and is it the same for both games)? Should be easy to fix via patching for just the EEs (and I'll leave it up to Anthology Tweaks for non-EE games). Are there any other EE-only problems like that you can think of?

Also, I agree that they're pretty horrible, but removing them from appearing in the game outright is probably best left for another mod. If people had suggestions for better placements and/or properties, I'm all ears - I don't play on the EEs, so I can only provide very limited input.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I'm working on Periel's request on the Tweaks forum, specifically compatibility between the Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items and Give Cespenar Cromwell's Recipes components. There are no conflicts between IR and these components.

There is one conflict with IRR and the Cromwell component, specifically the new requirement that the Erienne Sling upgrade now requires the Ring of Energy. All of the other formula changes are to items that are not covered by these components. It's easy to code up an alternative (already done) and install it when IRR is present, but there's one glaring problem: there is currently no way to distinguish between an installation of Item Revisions and Item Revisions Revised. Are there any unique files present in an IRR installation that are not present in IR that I can key off? If not, can you add one?

Sorry, I've been away. The incompatibility regarding the Ring of Energy is a result of IR, not IRR - so by adding a fix for IR, it should be doing the same for IRR. Although I've been sorely tempted to decrease the price of Ankheg Armor due to the fact that it's a total rip-off for a Plate Mail +1 with 50% AR, I have not made any changes to any recipes via IRR - so unless I've gone bananas, I don't think your statement of "there are no conflicts between IR and these components" should be true...right? If not, sure, I can introduce a unique marker file...but actually, since I didn't make that change, if for some reason the latest version of IR doesn't do that, I would actually prefer to just revert it as well. But I'm pretty sure it does.

​Also, in other news, a new version with some fixes and a couple of item changes (most notably the Rod of Lordly Might, which will be getting another major re-design...hopefully, if I can make it work - trying to make it a little closer to its multi-formed P&P counterpart) will be out in a few days.

Edited by Bartimaeus

If not, sure, I can introduce a unique marker file...but actually, since I didn't make that change, if for some reason the latest version of IR doesn't do that, I would actually prefer to just revert it as well. But I'm pretty sure it does.

Individual markerfiles are prefered over a supposed indifferences. But of course one could just search the install directory of a particular file, say /irr/backup/0/xzy.itm when the folder structure supports that, that it is made during the install, but thats overestimated enthusiasm to expect.