Help with display text error

bug

6 replies to this topic

#1 Litoff

Litoff
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:31 AM

I've installed the Anthology and after a while, I realized that some items as well as most of the proficiency does not display correct "text", instead, I am seeing quotes from various NPC.

For exemple, the Mace proficiency is instead displayed as : " Heya it's me, Imoen!" in character pages. 

I've also tried using a save editor and again, the proficiency and items still have the strange quotes names in there. 

Has this happened to anyone? Can I chance that somehow?

Thanks.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6829 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:08 AM

Anthology ? Is that a name for a mod or a version of the game ? ... mostlikely you just need to start a new game after installing a mod, patch or some other. That and disable auto update if that can happen.
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#3 Litoff

Litoff
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:45 PM

I meant  the Tweaks Anthology v4 on this site.

I also started a new game after installing it. I can't seem to find any other reports of this display issue anywhere else. 

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6829 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:14 PM

Is this a BG1EE, with SoD ? Cause that needs the modmerge... a l9ttle bit more info would help.
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#5 Litoff

Litoff
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:18 PM

It is BG1EE and I do have SOD as well. I was not aware I needed this modmerge you mentionned? 

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6829 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:51 PM

It is BG1EE and I do have SOD as well. I was not aware I needed this modmerge you mentionned?

And a google search after... modmerge. And credit ... for it's "story".

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 May 2018 - 03:58 PM.

#7 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7530 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:24 PM

Good analysis, Jarno! Missing modmerge didn't occur to me.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users