EET Worldmap / Areas reference

I'm having the same issue on my recent installation, I had to go east from BG3500 to reach Durlag's Tower, which doesn't quite fit what is shown on the worldmap. I only managed to find it because I stumbled upon this thread.

Edited by Feyd

There is still a problem with the icons of some areas (when installing with BWS)

The following areas have no icons to display

-BD6100

-BD6200

OH1000

This applies both for the EET-worldmap and the BP-BGT-Worldmap.

Areas are there, but no icon.

There is still a problem with the icons of some areas (when installing with BWS)

-BD6100

-BD6200

OH1000

they are not meant to have icons. These areas don't have icons on vanilla BG:EE/SoD map.

Edited by K4thos

-BD6100

-BD6200

OH1000

they are not meant to have icons. These areas don't have icons on vanilla BG:EE/SoD map.

Sorry for that.

Then let me turn it positive - BWS problem with map seems to be solved.

Edited by Roxanne

Is there any word how many of these area icons need to be moved around a bit? My understanding that Innershade was overlapping another area that was added by EE. I think we need to figure out how many of these mods that add area icons need to be looked at.

Also I remember having the same issue with Ulgoth's Beard & Durlag's tower area map placement way back in the old BGT days, but will there be a fix for that soon?

I wonder if mods compatible with BP-BGT-Worldmap will show on EET Worldmap

There's a difference between the two, because the Worldmap mod overwrites everything before it, as does the EET, they just then patch it back in... if you wish to not need to care, just use the BWS to install all the mods and you won't need to know, as you can see from the customization what works and what doesn't.

To know more about that, just open the link in my signature.

So if i install Region of Terror mod for exemple , will the new areas show on EET Worldmap ?

My advice is to use the BWS and you don't need to worry what happens... you probably install the Worldmap mod on top of the EET + RoT... but the BWS will take care of that.

RoT is one of the mods that require BP-BGT-Worldmap because the EET Worldmap area is of limited dimensions (EET has *stretched* the map NS to display IWD maps for later development stage - so EW is too *narrow* ) and some mod areas are outside of its borders. Anyway, it is still possible to play with EET worldmap and accept the oddities for a number of areas (misplaced, strange travel times, maybe overlap with other areas...)

Edited by Roxanne