SoD epilogue in EET - no imoen (possible spoilers)

OK, either I've got a bug or I'm missing something. Imoen is no where to be found in my SoD epilog. I'm guessing that because I can't talk with her and have her join up with me, some event isn't triggering, and I'm stuck (if I try to leave the map all other areas are inaccessible.) I've checked this and beamdog's forums and no one else seems to be having this problem (at least as far as my limited search capabilities can reveal.) I don't have many mods installed, just: eet, eet tweaks, tweaks anthology, and isanders portrait pack (weidu log attached.)

When I first exit the cave I get a message something like "imoen: heya! Over here!"...but no actual Imoen. Dynaheir, Minsc, Jaheira and Khalid are all in the southeastern part of the map (with no special dialog...hey, what are you guys doing here?) I even took Dyn around the map with a wand of fireballs to try to blast find Imoen. No luck.

So, is this a bug - possibly known or easily deduced? Is there a fix or work around? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WeiDU.log

You didn't use Big World Fixpack, right? If this is the case than your Imoen has been chunked death by assassins during SoD castle cutscene and it's caused by this component:

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: Beta 5

Bug is already reported to the mod's author but for now requires external fixes to work.

I can fix your save game if you upload it here: https://www.sendspace.com/

Edited by K4thos

Wow! That's fast service K4thos! I was ready to have to wait days or even weeks. Awesome.

I did NOT use Big World Fixpack. Did I miss this as being something recommended or required? If so, can I expect further problems and if so can I install it now to avoid them?

I will upload my save file presently (I have one from right before I exit the cave, hopefully that works.)

EDIT: I guess I can just give you the link?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/h5areq

Edited by PsteelPsion
I did NOT use Big World Fixpack. Did I miss this as being something recommended or required? If so, can I expect further problems and if so can I install it now to avoid them?

nah, I don't see anything else on weidu.log that would cause problems. But if you're going to make larger installation in future than it's always recommended to use BWF.

EDIT: I guess I can just give you the link?

this is just sav file. What is needed is whole directory (which also has gam file). Compress for example "000000001-Quick-Save" with winrar or 7zip and upload it. Save should be made before you leave that cave if you want to see the cutscene properly once it's fixed.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/24yptm

In next version there will be code to prevent such situation in future even if Imoen is chunked during that castle Imoen cutscene. The problem happens due to this code in BD0103.BCS:

ApplySpellRES("bddest","IMOEN2")

If the SoD Imoen is chunked into pieces this spell is applied to real Imoen stored in your GAM file because SoD cre is no longer present in the area. So rather than spell we will use this code:

ActionOverride("IMOEN2",DestroySelf())

which won't affect GAM file regardless of SoD Imoen presence.

Edited by K4thos

Hi,

i´m also get the same problem.

Normaly i install all fixpacks, maybe i jump over this time.

K4thos, or someone who knows how to repair the problem, can you possible fix my savegame ?

I uploaded my savegame to sendspace:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nflz1n

Hope my yearly baldurs gate continues to enjoy :D

can't reproduce it. Real Imoen in your save is not affected by "bddest" spell, so she can be normally moved. Even if you have "ToB-Style NPC" component installed it's possible that SoD Imoen was not chunked death due to difficulty level that prevents it (I think only core rules and above allows 1 hit chunking). If you didn't see Imoen exploding into pieces during SoD castle cutscene than everything is fine.

Did you actually finished that last portion?

Edited by K4thos

Draghons, I see that you have Sandrah NPC installed. After trying it on installation with that mod something strange is going on during transition - screen is moving back to Prison rather than Irenicus Dungeon for some odd reason. But in the end you still end up in SoA, just with some junk in between (delayed transition, Imoen spawning before Irenicus shows up). Looks like it's a conflict with Sandrah considering I can't reproduce it on vanilla EET installation without Sandrah mod, so if this happens in your game you should report it to Roxanne.

Roxanne, if you're reading this the only thing I can think of that may be related to it (without analysing your code) is recent change to include StartMovie("INTRO15F") directly in K#TELBGT script rather than in AR0602.BCS (old implementation didn't work). Maybe that movie somehow conflict with your code?

Edited by K4thos
Roxanne, if you're reading this the only thing I can think of that may be related to it (without analysing your code) is recent change to include StartMovie("INTRO15F") directly in K#TELBGT script rather than in AR0602.BCS (old implementation didn't work). Maybe that movie somehow conflict with your code?

This is a strange new thing I have not encountered before. I need to look at it in detail but I think the issue is rather that without Sandrah mod installed in your game, she will stay in party during transition (instead of doing what she is supposed to do) and thus cause the behaviour. I do nothing to K#TELBGT.bcs nor is that movie used for any trigger.

I hope that Draghons' will be able to confirm my assumption, otherwise I will need to investigate.

Up to now, nobody has reported any issue about it to me.

PS- I use bd6100.BCS for my stuff.

Edited by Roxanne

Hi,

thanks for the help.

I found a solution. Ioaded an old savegame and killed just Minsc and his Dynaheir before the bossfight and so i finished the expansion successful.

Maybe there was a bug with full goup with Sandrath and dog? But i dont know, it was my solution with some cllateral damage.

@Roxanne: just thank for your great mod! my new must have mod and I will enjoy the rest of Baldurs Gate with this great 2ndMainCharachter!

collateral damage

Draghons, I see that you have Sandrah NPC installed. After trying it on installation with that mod something strange is going on during transition - screen is moving back to Prison rather than Irenicus Dungeon for some odd reason. But in the end you still end up in SoA, just with some junk in between (delayed transition, Imoen spawning before Irenicus shows up). Looks like it's a conflict with Sandrah considering I can't reproduce it on vanilla EET installation without Sandrah mod, so if this happens in your game you should report it to Roxanne.

Hi,

thanks for the help.

I found a solution. Ioaded an old savegame and killed just Minsc and his Dynaheir before the bossfight and so i finished the expansion successful.

Maybe there was a bug with full goup with Sandrath and dog? But i dont know, it was my solution with some cllateral damage.

@Roxanne: just thank for your great mod! my new must have mod and I will enjoy the rest of Baldurs Gate with this great 2ndMainCharachter!

collateral damage

I played with the Draghons save through the transition. There was no issue with Imoen. Also, with Sandrah installed, there was no issue with her.

There is just one thing - not connected with this issue...if you plan to continue the game with Sandrah you should pick up Pelligram at Waterdeep (Elminster's Garden. Not sure how you never met her?) CVDre1.are

(or do this once Sandrah is back in your party: CreateCreature("Pellig") and then SetGlobal("PelligFollow","GLOBAL",1) SetGlobal("PelligBeh","GLOBAL",1). There will be other problems in the long term if you keep Sandrah in party.

PS - You also need to MakeGlobal("Pellig") in case you spawn her.

Edited by Roxanne

Forgot to mention this in my other reports;

- I played Draghons' save twice (once as it was and once with setting a missing Sandrah global) and in both cases I got the issue that instead of Irenicus dungeeon I made an intermediate stop (once in prison like in your playthrough and once in the outside area prior transition) Both ended with Imoen being right there without Irenicus cutscene.

- I played same scene with my own save again - everything was fine

The issue thus must be somewhere in Draghons' save with some global or other condition that causes it. I am sure it has no relation to Sandrah (she works perfectly from my own saves and up to now nobody reported anything similar).

Just to double check here ...

I'm playing with a 7.x EET build and Imoen just chunked on me courtesy of the assassins in the Ducal Palace, as has been reported before. I had read in another post that there is no worry because the SoD Imoen will pop up where she needs to and a different Imoen (from BG1) will appear during the transition.

Is that still the case, or does something need to be done to my GAM file, as above? I have save games before and after the assassination, as well as before SoD (right before Sarevok). If there's something I can do in NI to fix this before it occurs, I'm good for that, too.