Battle with Sarevok - BG1/EET - Can't leave cathedral

Hey there.

So I painstakingly, painfully and luckily somehow defeated Sarevok and his goons at the end of BG1, but nothing happened after he died. I can't exit the cathedral, no cutscene played and I'm just stuck here now. I was thinking maybe it was because the Skeleton Warrior outlived Sarevok and the battle didn't end until I killed it, but now nothing is happening. How do I advance this area? I can't possibly fight that battle again, it took me literally hours of multiple attempts and getting lucky. Thanks,

Flu

Hey there.

So I painstakingly, painfully and luckily somehow defeated Sarevok and his goons at the end of BG1, but nothing happened after he died. I can't exit the cathedral, no cutscene played and I'm just stuck here now. I was thinking maybe it was because the Skeleton Warrior outlived Sarevok and the battle didn't end until I killed it, but now nothing is happening. How do I advance this area? I can't possibly fight that battle again, it took me literally hours of multiple attempts and getting lucky. Thanks,

Flu

Who is in your party?

Normally the transition to SoD triggers but in EET, some NPCs delay this if you need some item from the fallen enemies for their plot. Also make sure that everyone is alive.

Try also to move your party out of sight of Sarevok's body, there are some scripts that even target Sarevok when he is already dead and think the battle is still on.

Edited by Roxanne

Hey there.

Flu

Who is in your party?

Normally the transition to SoD triggers but in EET, some NPCs felay this if you need some item from the fallen enemies for their plot. Also make sure that everyone is alive.

Try also to move your party out of sight of Sarevok's body, there are some scripts that even target Sarevok when he is already dead and think the battle is still on.

My party is:

Main character

Isra (mod)

Viconia

Imoen

Xan

Finch (mod)

I moved all around the cathedral and nothing is happening. Can't click the door to exit, can't rest either.

Xan died in the battle but I res'd him. A Skeleton Warrior survived after Sarevok died and I killed it, then nothing happened.

Edited by fluent

My party is:

Main character

Isra (mod)

Viconia

Imoen

Xan

Finch (mod)

I moved all around the cathedral and nothing is happening. Can't click the door to exit, can't rest either.

Xan died in the battle but I res'd him. A Skeleton Warrior survived after Sarevok died and I killed it, then nothing happened.

Hm, it looks like Sarevok is not detected to be dead.

You can

- upload a savegame of the case (in case you can even save)

OR

- enter these via console

C:SetGlobal("EndOfBG1","GLOBAL",0)

C:SetGlobal("Sprite_is_deadSarevok","GLOBAL",1)

OR

C:Eval('StartCutScene("BDSODTRN")')

My party is:

Main character

Isra (mod)

Viconia

Imoen

Xan

Finch (mod)

You can

OR

OR

Hey Roxanne, I fixed it by traveling to Undercity via console. Thanks though!

One thing, I'm not sure how to start SoD. Would you recommend transferring all BG items into SoD? Which makes the most sense from the canonical perspective? Also have to figure if I should keep the portraits consistent with EET or not. Hmm. Decisions to make. Good stuff though, first time playing SoD and I'm glad BG finished up properly.

My party is:

Main character

Isra (mod)

Viconia

Imoen

Xan

Finch (mod)

You can

OR

OR

One thing, I'm not sure how to start SoD. Would you recommend transferring all BG items into SoD? Which makes the most sense from the canonical perspective? Also have to figure if I should keep the portraits consistent with EET or not. Hmm. Decisions to make. Good stuff though, first time playing SoD and I'm glad BG finished up properly.

Are you sure that *traveling to Undercity via console.* fixed it? Because your questions sound a bit odd.

If the real EET transition was performed, you have this;

- you see the Sarevok end movie of how his body desolves and his essence goes to the abyss etc

- you see some transition movie

- your final party appears in the Korlasz dungeon (items and all) only Imoen is no longer in party but standing nearby. On the floor is a heap of items that were on the ground in Sarevok's last area.

- You see a cutscene of some remaining Sarevok followers and then Imoen starts the introductory talk with you.

- your party members stats, equipmemt and all are exactly what they were in BG1 a minute ago.

In case something different has happened, you maybe should try one of the options from my previous post.

Edited by Roxanne

My party is:

Main character

Isra (mod)

Viconia

Imoen

Xan

Finch (mod)

You can

OR

OR

Are you sure that *traveling to Undercity via console.* fixed it? Because your questions sound a bit odd.

If the real EET transition was performed, you have this;

- you see the Sarevok end movie of how his body desolves and his essence goes to the abyss etc

- you see some transition movie

- your final party appears in the Korlasz dungeon (items and all) only Imoen is no longer in party but standing nearby. On the floor is a heap of items that were on the ground in Sarevok's last area.

- You see a cutscene of some remaining Sarevok followers and then Imoen starts the introductory talk with you.

- your party members stats, equipmemt and all are exactly what they were in BG1 a minute ago.

In case something different has happened, you maybe should try one of the options from my previous post.

Yes, that's exactly what happened when I traveled to Undercity via console. Oh, and the second time I had to travel BACK to the temple via console, and then it triggered the cutscene and I wound up in Korlasz's dungeon. :)

So it is normal then to remain equipped with all the same items? I have everything exactly from BG, I was just wondering if canon-wise that was appropriate (since in BG2 for example, you start with different party members, etc..)

Yes, that's exactly what happened when I traveled to Undercity via console. Oh, and the second time I had to travel BACK to the temple via console, and then it triggered the cutscene and I wound up in Korlasz's dungeon. :)

So it is normal then to remain equipped with all the same items? I have everything exactly from BG, I was just wondering if canon-wise that was appropriate (since in BG2 for example, you start with different party members, etc..)

It looks like the transition was successful. Do not read on unless you want spoiler.

There are just two dungeon areas which you play with your final BG1 party (without Imoen) to finish the Sarevok plot and provide a story of how SoD really starts.

At the finish of those dungeons, you part with your NPCs and go to celebrate at the Ducal palace. Then about (simulated) ten days later, the SoD plot starts with you alone, your equipment in a chest in your room and the chance to recruit again old and new companions.

Thanks Roxanne! Playing it now. It's a tough one to start. Would you say the difficulty gets harder or is this an early challenge in SCS for SoD?

You beat Sarevok, right? The mob is like that in SoD, I cannot say they are more difficult, just their intelligence against you is better. I think the makers of SoD learned/adopted a bit from SCS and other mods for the classic games.

The really hard battles are as rare as in other parts (A lich, a dragon, the final boss). Crowds of enemies are a bit larger, and they mix the monsters which I personally find very good (I used it in my mods before already).

In my opinion, it is the surprise factor of that early dungeon. It is not harder - it is just different and makes you re-think your crusted tactics, which is a good thing.

Thanks Roxanne! Playing it now. It's a tough one to start. Would you say the difficulty gets harder or is this an early challenge in SCS for SoD?

You beat Sarevok, right? The mob is like that in SoD, I cannot say they are more difficult, just their intelligence against you is better. I think the makers of SoD learned/adopted a bit from SCS and other mods for the classic games.

The really hard battles are as rare as in other parts (A lich, a dragon, the final boss). Crowds of enemies are a bit larger, and they mix the monsters which I personally find very good (I used it in my mods before already).

In my opinion, it is the surprise factor of that early dungeon. It is not harder - it is just different and makes you re-think your crusted tactics, which is a good thing.

Thanks! Having fun with SoD now. It's not too hard, just takes a bit of care. I'm surprised how much I like the expansion so far. It's a shame that content for the Infinity Engine isn't easier to make, as it would be awesome to see fanmade campaigns in the engine and make mods like that more common.

Thanks! Having fun with SoD now. It's not too hard, just takes a bit of care. I'm surprised how much I like the expansion so far. It's a shame that content for the Infinity Engine isn't easier to make, as it would be awesome to see fanmade campaigns in the engine and make mods like that more common.

I could mention the mods linked in my signature as examples, but you dismissed them already. There are others and they are nearly all available now in EET and BWS supports their install. You just need to select them.

I could mention the mods linked in my signature as examples, but you dismissed them already. There are others and they are nearly all available now in EET and BWS supports their install. You just need to select them.

It's not that I dismissed them, but I already had a playthrough started. You did mention I can't add quest stuff once my playthrough is started, right? Since I'm recording it for my YouTube channel it was too much hassle to restart this time, but I'd like to try yours and the other content mods sometime!

@Roxanne, Did you ever think about doing an entire campaign inside the engine? Since you already know it so well it could/would be a great opportunity, IMO. A sort of total overhaul type campaign would truly be one of a kind!

Edited by fluent

@Roxanne, Did you ever think about doing an entire campaign inside the engine? Since you already know it so well it could/would be a great opportunity, IMO. A sort of total overhaul type campaign would truly be one of a kind!

I am not sure what you have in mind here. SandrahRtF and SandrahToT are each almost something like a new campaign.

RtF continues the game after ToB and it introduces a dual player team of protagonist + Sandrah to solve a new plotline with the help of other NPCs. It revisits the complete scenerie of BG trilogy areas and adds 100+ new areas etc.Many old NPCs appear again in different roles and occupations.Both protagonists must stay alive and work together to win against a cast of new opponents.

ToT even changes this further since your protagonist is replaced by a fixed figure through which you play the game (the heroine Midnight from the Time of Troubles) and you need a number of companions e.g. Cyric, the assasin to win your game. In addition to the challenge that you need to keep those NPCs alive, you must also be careful with actions and decisions since you cannot alter the history of the Realms in such a way that it changes your own possible existence.

Edited by Roxanne