Wait...did I read that there is...

Oh, right. Suna Seni. I never did restore that content because I never wanted to see it. Yeah...I take my games WAY too seriously! Now I think she's just one of the slavers or thugs who we kill in a random encounter every time we play SoA. That's fine by me. ;)

I'm not sure that he's a virgin(somehow, men always sneak out in the middle of the night and do it with somebody), but he can be - I think it's up to the player to interpret. (Is Xan a virgin? Maybe he's never been with anyone in hundreds of years, what do you know? Heh. Well, anyway, up to interpretation).

What I'm really sure about: there's absolutely no Suna Seni in any of my Valygar's interactions, as I remember correctly. She's not in the game = she's not in the game. (I know there's some Unfinished Business content with her, and I'm maintaining it currently, but I'm not installing it, ever).

Well, if we want to go by what's in the game, Valygar is one of the NPCs for whom you can buy a night with a lady-of-discretion at the Copper Coronet. (Aerie, I think, gets all stammery.) So maybe he settles for a backrub, or heavy petting, or things that, er, blow off steam but will never lead to children, but it does imply some experience. And he served in the army, which also implies experience.

And - if there's a grey area in how a delicate romantic experience goes down, I prefer to think that both parties have the basic skills, understanding, and humour for a good time to be had instead of cringing awkwardness. This is a game, and this is wish fulfillment - we want to have fun!

[H]e served in the army, which also implies experience.

As a a former army officer, I resent that notion (as it pertains to ladies-of-discretion)!

I apologise for my misconception as to the general rowdiness of the military. It was not my intent to cause offence, and I regret doing so.

I apologise for my misconception as to the general rowdiness of the military. It was not my intent to cause offence, and I regret doing so.

Well.. we're rowdy enough :) But buying other humans doesn't fall under that category for me.

And I appreciate your apology Thimblerig, albeit one wasn't really needed. I wasn't offended per se, I just wanted to point out the over-generalisation (as I felt encompassed by it). I used a smiley at first to convey that no feelings were hurt, but then the entire post looked ironic... :p

@Dakk - Still friends, then? (I should have been more careful in using 'experienced' as meaning unlikely-to-catch-a-unicorn, not the other thing, considering what I'd been writing about earlier in the post.)

@Almateria - He is remarkably easy-going about the PCs using magic, considering. And now I have an image of Valygar as a gritty gumshoe, walking down those mean streets... or in a cowboy hat, laconically drifting through town with gunfights in his wake. Hmmm.

Archived