Icon improvements

4 replies to this topic

#1 Greenhorn

Greenhorn

Chaotic good gibberling

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:33 AM

I apologize if I completely missed the forum for asking this question but I would like to know are those two ( Icon improvements component and Improved inventory BAMs ) deal with the same issue. IIB mod readme is very spartan and don't reveal many details but my understanding is that Icon improvements deal with items on the ground while IIBams deal with inventory graphics. That means that I can safely install them both without conflicts on my BG:TotSC game? Also while I am at it I wonder is it smart to install Improved inventory BAMs mod in the first place thanks to this topic: http://gibberlings3....showtopic=1353?

Does anybody knows is this issue was corrected? 

#2 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9474 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:37 AM

Tweaks has a couple of components that deal with item icons, so it depends on what you're asking:

• Icon Improvements does three things: improves armor ground icons (before and after), improves mage robe inventory icons (before and after), and restores the icon for the case of plenty.
  • Unique Icons changes icons of items that use the same icon (before and after), e.g. in BG2 the Ring of Human Influence and Ring of Regeneration, or the 817 items in IWD that all use the Ring of Protection +1 icon.
  • Unique Containers basically assigns the various bags of holding unique colors (before and after).

The linked issue was fixed a while ago. When I consolidated everything into Anthology, I had to setup the various graphics to work in all engines.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

#3 Greenhorn

Greenhorn

Chaotic good gibberling

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:50 AM

Tweaks has a couple of components that deal with item icons, so it depends on what you're asking:

• Icon Improvements does three things: improves armor ground icons (before and after), improves mage robe inventory icons (before and after), and restores the icon for the case of plenty.
  • Unique Icons changes icons of items that use the same icon (before and after), e.g. in BG2 the Ring of Human Influence and Ring of Regeneration, or the 817 items in IWD that all use the Ring of Protection +1 icon.
  • Unique Containers basically assigns the various bags of holding unique colors (before and after).

The linked issue was fixed a while ago. When I consolidated everything into Anthology, I had to setup the various graphics to work in all engines.

Thanks for reply ( I didn't even see it until now). I meant first case. So in the nutshell, this means I can safely install them both and error reported for the  Improved inventory BAMs mod is fixed? 

#4 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9474 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:04 AM

You can install both, but I misunderstood the issue--I thought it was something with Tweaks. I know the Tweaks BAMs are fine, but I don't know if that bug has been fixed for IIB.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

#5 Greenhorn

Greenhorn

Chaotic good gibberling

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:36 AM

You can install both, but I misunderstood the issue--I thought it was something with Tweaks. I know the Tweaks BAMs are fine, but I don't know if that bug has been fixed for IIB.

Hm, if I had to guess I would say that IIB isn't fixed yet ( and it never will it seems ). OK, thank you very much. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users