Baldur's Gate Graphics Overhaul for EET

Baldur's Gate Graphics Overhaul for EET
Original Author: Yovaneth
EET Author: White Agnus
On the web: Download and discussion forum

Version: beta 2.0

Platforms: Windows, Mac OS X (not tested)

When I first played EET beta (back in Winter 2014, when there was several issues with water, lava and stuff), I felt, there is something missing.... (I loved to play BGT with the Graphics Overhaul and the atmosphere was that good, that I thought I have to do something to bring this mod to EET... :D)

In summer 2015 after I joined K4thos contributing to EET, I started working on converting this mod to work on EET. First I tried to use the BG:EE Version, but there was several issues with water and stuff, then I ported the BGT Version and it was better, but not that good. After purchasing photoshop, I tried to fix some little bugs and after several weeks of frustration (with scrambled wed files and stuff) I got some proper version... :D

Changes for the EET Version:

- Merged several areas from BGEE and BGT version of the mod

- Fixed several little graphical errors and bugs in wed files

- Used tileconv (by argent77) and also his macros to install the mod

Current ToDos:

- write a readme (I hate writing readmes... :D)

- fix some minimaps (some of them looks not as good)

- fix several little door issues

WARNING:

The installation of this mod could take 30 minutes until 2 or more hours (regarding your hardware)

Feel free to post here, if you encounter some bugs, with this version.

I've been looking forward for this one. One of the best mods out there. Thank you very much for this effort.

The installation of this mod could take 30 minutes until 2 or more hours (regarding your hardware)

if this is the case than why not just use PVRZ instead of TBC? They have comparable sizes and PVRZ can be used in EE engine as it is, no unpacking involved. TIS can be compressed to PVRZ with tile2ee tool.

Examples using AR1500 from BG:EE (BG1500 in EET):

PVRZ - 6,08 MB

PVRZ converted to TIS with tile2ee tool (format supported by BGT too btw.) - 33,6 MB

above TIS compressed to TBC with tileconv.exe (file dragged and dropped into exe) - 7.94 MB

So overall smaller file size and instant installation time? Sounds better to me.

-----------

the mod is still installing to me but in biff folder I've noticed that there are not only N TIS files there but also regular ones. Is this normal? What exactly is changed in vanilla TIS files?

-----------

btw. the archive doesn't have weidu included.

- fix some minimaps (some of them looks not as good)

you are aware that Near Infinity can now export TIS images to PNG with WED data loaded? This feature has been added few versions ago: http://i.imgur.com/2nsFrjY.png

Edited by K4thos

if this is the case than why not just use PVRZ instead of TBC?

Will try to convert the files to pvrz... (this is on my list, but I wanted a stable version first... ;))

Is this normal? What exactly is changed in vanilla TIS files?

BGGO also updates most of the day areas (not only the night areas), but I've got several bugs, when biffing only the night areas.... (that's why I'm also adding these currently to the biff files... ;))

btw. the archive doesn't have weidu included.

I know, will include it... :D

Awesome!

Not just that, but like Lollorian said...

Thanks! :beer:

I got a question though, how well do these hold under the microscope, aka the EE's zoom function ?

Hmm, the maps looks mostly good, there are little issues left on many doors, fixed plenty of those, but it takes much time to fix this little issues... ;) (Also some night minimaps with water on it looks like crap, these are currently on my todo list...)