(MaxOSX) Fail to find full path of BG EE folder

I'm trying to install BG Trilogy.

I have installed BG EE (with dragonspear the BG1 NPC project) on my applications folders

I have installed BG II EE (also in my application folder)

Both BG are the latest version from GoG

I put the Trilogy files in my ressource BGII folder then start "setup-EET.command"

After choosing language and starting installation I'm asked "Enter the full path to your BG:EE+SoD installation then press Enter"

I tried every possible path :

/Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ Enhanced\ Edition.app (given my sliding the BG app in the console)

/Applications/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.app

/Applications/

/Applications

I even tried /Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ Enhanced\ Edition.app/Contents/Resources

None work. I always receive the "Invalid directory, or incorrect BG:EE+SoD installation." message.

I tried the same without dragonspear but the result was the same.

I imagine it could because I haven't run modmerge but I can't find how to make it work (all I get when I unzip modmerge is a file named "modmerge-osx" that OSX recognize as a text file)

Can someone help me ?

Edited by arkhos94

Find the game directory for SoD. Check the Beamdog forum macOS modding thread if you need help with that. (It's the folder that contains chitin.key.)

Grab your /data folder from the game directory, and drag it into the Terminal window when it asks you for the path. Then just delete the last 5 characters ("/data") and hit enter.

That should do it.

Find the game directory for SoD. Check the Beamdog forum macOS modding thread if you need help with that. (It's the folder that contains chitin.key.)

Grab your /data folder from the game directory, and drag it into the Terminal window when it asks you for the path. Then just delete the last 5 characters ("/data") and hit enter.

That should do it.

I tried this and it give me the same result ("Invalid directory, or incorrect BG:EE+SoD installation.")

To be sure, I tried :

/Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ Enhanced\ Edition.app/Contents/Resources/data

/Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ Enhanced\ Edition.app/Contents/Resources/

/Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ Enhanced\ Edition.app/Contents/Resources

Did you run Modmerge first? That might be your problem. SoD from GOG or Steam means, you need to run modmerge before doing any modding. Or else maybe that new DLC builder tool instead. I forget what current best practice is.

If you have Modmerged and it really is a path issue, just move your game folder onto your desktop, or the root directory or something, and give EET that path? And then move it back after EET installs.

Edited by subtledoctor

The modmerge archive distributes the modmerge binary for macOS without the execute bit set.

I'd recommend using DLC Merger instead of modmerge.

You can download the latest version here: https://github.com/Argent77/A7-DlcMerger/releases/latest

You need to run DLC Merger (or modmerge) *before* installing any other mods, including mods for BGEE.

Also, BG1NPC Project is not yet fully compatible with BGEE v2.5. Do not install the "Open Cloakwood" components. It will screw up your game.