Item creation

Psionica

I downloaded this program to make personal items since i couldnt get IEEP to install correctly, anyway the prog is fine, but when i load a itm file to use as a template, make what changed i need, and save it as something diffrently named its overwriting the original file.....example Blackrazor.....and for some reason its doing this only to the desription of the item. I can change look, or dmg stats and that effects the new item only but the description goes for both the new item and the original item used

I downloaded this program to make personal items since i couldnt get IEEP to install correctly, anyway the prog is fine, but when i load a itm file to use as a template, make what changed i need, and save it as something diffrently named its overwriting the original file.....example Blackrazor.....and for some reason its doing this only to the desription of the item. I can change look, or dmg stats and that effects the new item only but the description goes for both the new item and the original item used

I think i figured out what i was doing wrong, i wasnt clicking the New buttons for the descriptions thus giving it a diff number code from the original description

MORALEAI.ids everytime i open the prog i get that error saying it cant load the file...is that normal?

It still lets me edit/make items thou.

one other question i had was the effects u can give items only display as numbers, how do u know what effect does what there is no descriptions

MORALEAI.ids everytime i open the prog i get that error saying it cant load the file...is that normal?
yes that's normal. It's in the keyfile but there is no file by that name in any bif or in the override. I think the happy modder component in the BG2 Fixpack takes care of that. Else you can make an empty file with that name and it'll go away

one other question i had was the effects u can give items only display as numbers, how do u know what effect does what there is no descriptions

The best way I found is the following:

- Think about the effects you want your item to have

-Then Check the Items in the game to look for attributes you would like your item to have

- Open DLTCEP and load those items and see what effects do they have and copy the ones you want.

Is a bit of work but it worked for me :)

The best way I found is the following:

- Think about the effects you want your item to have

-Then Check the Items in the game to look for attributes you would like your item to have

- Open DLTCEP and load those items and see what effects do they have and copy the ones you want.

Is a bit of work but it worked for me :)

That is my method of choice. It usually works. I am currently looking for a way to remove an ICON. I have tried the Remove Special Effect Icon [240] with the icon still there. In this case i am working on a potion to remove Blindness. The Cure: Blindness [75] works fine but getting rid of the icon has become a major undertaking. Basically i'm stuck. I think i am missing one of the little bits and pieces that are there but i just can't see them. Suggestions anyone?

http://iesdp.gibberl...odes/bg2tob.htm

Rejoice! :p

*edit* Just tested, opcode 240 works fine for me (vanilla tob game).

Opcode 240 (remove portrait icon) should work.

Did you by chance miss the field where you have to specify the portrait icon to remove? (I.e. you need to set it to remove blindness.)

Yes. I entered the number 8 (Blind) in the proper field. I have tried useing 'bypass/magic resistance' and also 'non-magical'. I have altered the duration, not that it meant anything, but, just in case. A second problem that i have is how do i make a character deliberately blind? I currently have to wait until one of the characters is hit with a blindness spell before i can try the latest change. I do appreciate the response though.

Try adding a a non-zero value into the 'Power' field. This value is used to determine whether the effect is strong enough to dispel a spell effect. If you are blinded by a level one spell (power value 1), then a value of 2 or higher should dispel the blindness effects.

A second problem that i have is how do i make a character deliberately blind? I currently have to wait until one of the characters is hit with a blindness spell before i can try the latest change. I do appreciate the response though.

The quickest (and dirtiest) way is using NearInfinity to add the blindness effect to one of your characters in a saved game. You have to be careful though, because NearInfinity sometimes corrupts files if you are adding too many effects at once. You could also create a potion or any other kind of item which strikes you with blindness when using it.

Try adding a a non-zero value into the 'Power' field. This value is used to determine whether the effect is strong enough to dispel a spell effect. If you are blinded by a level one spell (power value 1), then a value of 2 or higher should dispel the blindness effects.

A second problem that i have is how do i make a character deliberately blind? I currently have to wait until one of the characters is hit with a blindness spell before i can try the latest change. I do appreciate the response though.

The quickest (and dirtiest) way is using NearInfinity to add the blindness effect to one of your characters in a saved game. You have to be careful though, because NearInfinity sometimes corrupts files if you are adding too many effects at once. You could also create a potion or any other kind of item which strikes you with blindness when using it.

Wow. Yes, why not make a potion to cause blindness. How often the simplest things elude us. So I made a potion. It took me two tries to solve the problem.

It ended up being the choice in the TARGET field. I had been using Pre-Target in the Target field, when I should have been using Self. I don't know how I missed that or even why I did it that way. Regardless the idea of making a potion to cause blindness was what I needed. Thank you.

I have a question and i don't know if it should go here or in the IESDP. Well, here it is. If i create a helmet does it automatically gain 'Protects from critical hits'? I have searched the opcodes and effects list from IESDP and i can't find anything that will give it as an equipping effect. If it is automatic where is it coming from?

I have a question and i don't know if it should go here or in the IESDP. Well, here it is. If i create a helmet does it automatically gain 'Protects from critical hits'? I have searched the opcodes and effects list from IESDP and i can't find anything that will give it as an equipping effect. If it is automatic where is it coming from?

Any item equipped in the helmet slot prevents critical hits. There is a ToBEx component that can override this behaviour, allowing for helmet-slot items that should not prevent critical hits (specified by setting a certain item flag).

This sort of question belongs in the Modding Q&A forum.

Any item equipped in the helmet slot prevents critical hits. There is a ToBEx component that can override this behaviour, allowing for helmet-slot items that should not prevent critical hits (specified by setting a certain item flag).

This sort of question belongs in the Modding Q&A forum.

Thank you for the answer and the information on where to post.

Archived