Baldurs gate 1 - install order and questions

Hello, i would like to play baldurs gate 1 with SCS for improved difficulty and i have a few questions.

1) considering that i do not want to involve bg2 into this picture in any way, is BG:EE the only possible option to combine with SCS ?

2) what would be the correct order of install to make sure game is as bug free as possible ?

3) did anyone play baldurs gate 1 and 2 (not EE edition) on windows 8.1 without trouble ?

4) i still didnt get the answer to my last playthrough of bg2 with scs2 and widescreen mode, could widescreen mod cause this:

Edited by goblinsly

1) considering that i do not want to involve bg2 into this picture in any way, is BG:EE the only possible option to combine with SCS ?

3) did anyone play baldurs gate 1 and 2 (not EE edition) on windows 8.1 without trouble ?

4) ... randomly walking enemies trigger traps ...

1) Yes. Technically you are kinda using the BG2's engine in the BG1EE, but that's needed.

3) Yeah, just install the game properly into non OS user restricted folder and you are good to go.

4) Well you yourself are invisible, and while the scripts are running, tthey walk about and yeah, they too string traps. Not Widescreen mods fault.

2) Well, you can use the BWS to install mods, that's the generally accepted most bug free install order.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

4) are you sure they are supposed to be wondering around springing traps ? Before SCS2 i am pretty sure everyone was standing still there ... It is really bothering me because if they die on traps, it makes the fights easier. Again, as soon as i enter that area, invinsible or not, they start springing traps.

2) Ok so i install BG1EE + siege of dragonspear and after that i can install SCS ? Or do i install any patches before hand ?

Edited by goblinsly

2) Ok so i install BG1EE + siege of dragonspear and after that i can install SCS ? Or do i install any patches before hand ?

Well you need to install the modmerge tool to be able to modify the BG1EE+SoD game(if you have the steam or GoG version of the game, as that game is a BG1EE+SoD... the beamdog version is not, so you don't need the modmerge)... then you should install all other mods you intrent to ... as the SCS uses that date to construct the enemies too, well minor stat tweaks. And then install the SCS. DO NOT use the SCS's automated install(aka run it via stratagems.bat), but run the setup-stratagems.exe manually, and to do that, you need to first extract the archive you downloaded(stratagems-v30.exe) to a folder, then rename the weidu.exe in it, as "setup-stratagems.exe", and then copy paste those into the game folder and then run the setup-stratagems.exe .

And if you installed the Spell Rev mod, you need to use the other unofficial version of SCS. If you didn't, don't install that, but use the official version like said above.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

And if you installed the Spell Rev mod, you need to use the other unofficial version of SCS. If you didn't, don't install that, but use the official version like said above.

I think you need to use Kreso's Revised SCS even if you don't install Spell Revision. IIRC, SCS v30 (official) is not compatible with EE games patched to v2.0+....