Alternate Portraits

But he didn't have to dye his hair, right? He could, but wouldn't have to unless you decided so

Actually, yeah, it's in a few interactions that he is dyeing his hair. I don't think that the color is ever mentioned, but I'm happy with the sandy one, Berelinde initially matched to the initial portrait's sunrise background. Any other color on a custom portrait should not cause any problems with the texts, so choose away :)

If you want a dark haired version, Kelenthial, you can PM me and I can make one for you.

Oh, you are my hero! :) Or should I say.. heroine:). But, seriously, it is a rare thing to see someone so open for requests and other POV's. You make The Gibberlings proud, I am sure;). I will PM you -- just later. It is kind of late (4 AM) and I would like to have a little sleep...^^'

Since my original post draws the line at eleven pictures, I'll post this here at the end.

11. rizda2lvv2.png rizda2skk4.png

11. Alternate Rizdaer with dark-brown hair. Looks a bit like Elrond if he fell into a purple dye vat. I do rather like it though. Hmmm. Choices, choices.

But, seriously, it is a rare thing to see someone so open for requests and other POV's.

Well, to paraphrase in the immortal words of Arlo Guthrie, I've been doing these for a week, I can do 'em for another week. I'm not proud- or tired.

Edited by MrsCake
I like it! He has a dark, sinister aura in this one, and everything looks very much in place - well, for me, I mean.

True, but I'll still stick to the lighter, blond version - more drowish :)

Especially now when he has that lovley greyish shade (ashish? :)) on his head :)

Too many smilies, I know :)

I'm just going by the original character portrait under the profiles. It was a portrait that's all over the place as Drizzt and (I think) one of the alternates for Solaufein, with had hair very deliberately changed to yellow-ish, which was the color I was trying to match. If Domi wants it a different color, it can be changed. However,
The hair looks just artificial to me, and therefore it doesn't accomplishl it's aim.

Am I the only one who likes this portrait the way it is? :)

:) Tee hee... :)

Ooooohhh... I like it SO better ^^'! Thank you, Dear. And stop with this Elrond-thingie... That actor (what's his name, again?) was SO horrible in that role... *shudders* I will have nightmares if I associate any of that wth Rizdaer...

Thank you once more:)

And stop with this Elrond-thingie... That actor (what's his name, again?) was SO horrible in that role... *shudders* I will have nightmares if I associate any of that wth Rizdaer...

Awww. I like Hugo Weaving. Don't be hatin'. :)

Am I the only one who likes this portrait the way it is?

I'm sticking with the blonde as well. As Jenova said, I think it still looks Drowish, while still having his dyed hair. But then, to each their own.

Awww. I like Hugo Weaving. Don't be hatin'.

I didn't say I don't like him at all. I just REALLY don't like him as Elrond. Besides that I have nothing against him:) And see? We brunette-lovers lead now;p Yeah, told you so. (just kidding, just kidding.. ^^')

I'm sticking with the blonde as well. As Jenova said, I think it still looks Drowish, while still having his dyed hair.

Besides the roots won't be showing quite so badly.... :) Seriously, though, dark-haired version is lovely as well, but if you guys don't mind, I'd go with the blond one as default, so there will be variety. Initially it was dark but good Jaemal vs blond but evil Diriel and all that :)

Yeah.. Diriel.. Diriel, Diriel, I still can't get used to the thought that you can't have a full romance with him... ESPECIALLY when Mrs. Cake has done one of the most beautiful portraits I have ever seen in the ID2 series. And yes, I am an aesthete.

Domi, perhaps a mod for the mod? Lol...

Oh, very possible. IWD2NPC is intended as a base for IWD2 modding, so any patch can be written to add whatever to any of the characters. My goal is to provide the solid ground.

Though, to be honest, I think Diriel is one of those chars one has to see in the game to decide if they like him or not. I don't know just how easy it is to love him, but I am pretty certain it is easy to hate him. Besides, there are quite a few elven romances out there, and only one drow, and that not exactly drow, with all due hommage to Weimer as the father of modern IE modding.

Though, to be honest, I think Diriel is one of those chars one has to see in the game to decide if they like him or not. I don't know just how easy it is to love him, but I am pretty certain it is easy to hate him.

On the one hand, you are right. On the other hand, when I see that *really a lots of fangirls* whine at the NWN2 forums that they SO LOVE Bishop and simply HAVE to romance him, all of my doubts as to Diriel's eventual popularity dissolve into thin air...^^'

Besides, there are quite a few elven romances out there, and only one drow, and that not exactly drow, with all due hommage to Weimer as the father of modern IE modding.

True with the lack of drow romance. To be honest I can't see why some people see drow NPC mods as a cliche when, honestly, no (or very little of) really well done ones was ever developed. They usually stop at the 'idea' stage and get badly critiqued by some people :| And I must say I am really happy to see YOU doing a drow romance, Domi. The first thing is that after playing your mods earlier I am quite sure that whatever you do it probably will be worth my playing time and/or enjoyable. The second thing is that I doubt that any troll will have a courage to flame you for writing one thing or another ;] However I must disagree with the 'quite few elven romances out there' theme. Not because it is untrue but because I think that (from what I have heard of him) Diriel is rather very untypical for an romanceable elven NPC, or for an elven NPC at all. You have used some well selected dark themes and some well-thought faults. Of course I can change my mind after playing the mod, but I doubt it;) I think I sometimes even vaunt with my intuition...^^' But the thing is that it rarely fails me. And I have the feeling that this romance written by you would be a masterpiece.. Oh well it just won't be.

Edited by Kelenthial