A Couple Questions before Starting

Guest Blackjack

Guest Blackjack

I picked up IWD2 because of this mod, and am really looking forward to it (I had great experiences with the BG and IWD1 projects). I do have a couple questions before starting out.

1) I read that certain NPCs are "lent" better if they're imported at higher levels. What exactly does this mean? I'd like to use Diriel and Riz, but I'd rather not unbalance the game with level 3 NPCs (I'm also worried about using a Drow with that nasty ECL bump)

2) Do characters have voiced lines other than just selection lines? Would I be able to change their voices without it breaking too much continuity.

I picked up IWD2 because of this mod, and am really looking forward to it (I had great experiences with the BG and IWD1 projects). I do have a couple questions before starting out.

1) I read that certain NPCs are "lent" better if they're imported at higher levels. What exactly does this mean? I'd like to use Diriel and Riz, but I'd rather not unbalance the game with level 3 NPCs (I'm also worried about using a Drow with that nasty ECL bump)

In IWD, enemies are not scaled to PC level. You just get less experience for killing easier monsters. Nothing will be harmed if you use a level 1 PC and have more experienced characters a couple of levels ahead of that. When you form your starting party, you will see several iterations of characters. For example, you will see that you can have Sir Wind Nord at level 1, level 3, level 6, level 9, whatever. Same with the others.

2) Do characters have voiced lines other than just selection lines? Would I be able to change their voices without it breaking too much continuity.

I think it's just their selection sounds, but I could be wrong. You could probably change their voices. In any case, you will find out soon enough, so you could play thrugh the first 10 minutes and see how it goes. Worst case scenario, you have to replay half an hour.

Guest Blackjack

I have one more question, and note that I'm not extremely familiar with the engine. Prachi spams her dialogue constantly in battle (to the point where all I hear is "It was not just luck" as though it were the ambient music). Is this a mod issue or a game issue?

Archived