Photo

Cannot trigger Edwin's quest to kill Vichand in SOD

4 replies to this topic

#1 Question

Question
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:01 PM

Im trying to figure out why Edwin is not asking me to kill Vichand. He's already told me how he ran away from Dragonspear...which sets bd_edwin_talk to 3. I tried standing infront of Vichand, but Edwin has zero reaction to his prescence.

I tried looking into his script file (BDEDWIN.BCS) and found this :

IF
    Global("bd_edwin_talk","global",3)
    Global("bd_vichand_talk","bd2000",1)
    Global("BD_DIE_VICHAND","LOCALS",0)
    !Dead("bdvichan")  // Vichand
    IfValidForPartyDialogue(Myself)
    !TriggerOverride("bdvichan",Range([PC],30))
    !ActuallyInCombat()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

However I cannot find either bd_vichand_talk or BD_DIE_VICHAND in my save file. I set them to 1 and 0 respectively via the console ingame to see what would happen, and nothing happened. I tried talking to Edwin manually, and he said "He was right there!" and I get the option to respond with "lets kill him now", which makes Vichand hostile.

But this obviously makes no sense and im definately missing something.

How do I trigger the dialogue where Edwin gives me the quest to kill Vichand? What am I missing?

Edit : Looking through the dialog.tlk file, it looks like Edwin is supposed to comment on the spellstone with string reference 240057 :

Familiar magic. This is the hoard of that treacherous swine, Vichand! (Vengeance is at hand...)

But it never triggered for me...infact, Edwin says absolutely nothing at all for the whole spellstone quest.

Heres a save file if you want to look at variables : http://www.mediafire...o-Save.rar/file

Edited by Question, 20 August 2018 - 04:21 PM.

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7532 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:21 PM

Global("bd_vichand_talk","bd2000",1) will be set in the first dialogue with Vichand (starting with ~What is this—?~).

Then you need to go away from him with Edwin in the group. (This:

!TriggerOverride("bdvichan",Range([PC],30))

Means that the PC and Vichand need to be at least "30" length apart from each other for this dialogue to trigger.)

And it probably only happens in bd2000.are (Boareskyr Bridge & Bridgefort). Your current save is in bd7100.are.

Edited by jastey, 20 August 2018 - 10:22 PM.

#3 Question

Question
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 02:45 PM

Global("bd_vichand_talk","bd2000",1) will be set in the first dialogue with Vichand (starting with ~What is this—?~).

But when I talk to him, I only get the option to ask about the crusade plans...and Edwin has zero reaction to that. Whats the requirement to get the "What is this" line?

If you load the save and go to the bridge, you can see that Edwin has zero reaction to Vichand.

Edited by Question, 21 August 2018 - 02:50 PM.

#4 Question

Question
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 05:25 PM

Anyone know what the requirements are to get that line to appear?

#5 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7532 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:37 AM

The trigger for this dialogue are:

GlobalLT("bd_plot","global",240)
GlobalLT("bd_enlightment","locals",3)
Global("bd_vichand_talk","bd2000",0)

It should also be the first dialogue if you talk to him directly.

He gives another talk in case of "Allegiance(Myself,REALLYCHARMED) GlobalLT("bd_plot","global",240)": ~How may I assist you?~

Btw, my motivation to spend my free time going through game ressources for you decreases with every answered question I don't get something like a "thank you" back as some sort of emotional compensation. Just a hint.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users