Items re-allocation

Demivrgvs

We are talking about epic characters with an immense web of power which rivals the Shadow Thieves of Amn! Would they care much about a low enchanted weapon with a small elemental damage?
Well, why would they bother selling that cheap garbage either?

Heh, I almost can see Irenicus walking from one merchant to another one, asking "would you buy this lowly Drizzt's scimitars for a mere sum of 30000 coins each?" :)

I think it's more logical that the stuff ended up in the hands of their minions. Or just was thrown over a shelf.

I'll revive this post as it may turn useful once again for V3.

As of now the only addition is Varscona, which will be moved from Ribald's inventory to Ribald's store.

If I'm not wrong some player also suggested me to move Ring of Regeneration from his inventory to somewhere else...

I may also suggest to move some cool items on enemies, to make them more interesting to fight. For example Flame of the North is carried by a Mind Flayer who can't use it, and giving it to a tough warrior would be much better imo.

Anyway, post here any suggestion on this matter.

Eagle Bow

Suggestion:

Special ability: x% chance blind target for n round, save vs. death at +/-y bonus/penalty

Location: Shadow Thief's fence, Ribald's store, barkeeper in Maevar's guild or certain bodyguard of Maevar.

PS: please don't forget to remove its damned strengh bonus :)

Eagle Bow

Suggestion:

Special ability: x% chance blind target for n round, save vs. death at +/-y bonus/penalty

Location: Shadow Thief's fence, Ribald's store, barkeeper in Maevar's guild or certain bodyguard of Maevar.

Mmm...considering its description it doesn't seem an appropriate solution. :grin:

Eagle Bow: "Protector of the Dryads

In order to protect their community from an encroaching orc logging encampment, the hero Hannable the White was given this magnificent bow by the dryads of Gulthmere Forest. A deadly confrontation followed when the loggers dared try to cut down a great oak tree, nearly killing the dryad linked to it. With the help of powerful forest animals, Hannable slew entire bands of orcs before any more damage was inflicted upon the wood. The orcs were forced to abandon their plans, lest they suffer the continued wrath of Hannable and the forest. Needless to say, the hero who aided the grateful dryads lived happily . . . nay, VERY happily ever after!"

PS: please don't forget to remove its damned strengh bonus :)
Thanks for reminding me, done!

Eagle Bow

Mmm...considering its description it doesn't seem an appropriate solution. :)

Eagle Bow: "Protector of the Dryads

In order to protect their community from an encroaching orc logging encampment, the hero Hannable the White was given this magnificent bow by the dryads of Gulthmere Forest. A deadly confrontation followed when the loggers dared try to cut down a great oak tree, nearly killing the dryad linked to it. With the help of powerful forest animals, Hannable slew entire bands of orcs before any more damage was inflicted upon the wood. The orcs were forced to abandon their plans, lest they suffer the continued wrath of Hannable and the forest. Needless to say, the hero who aided the grateful dryads lived happily . . . nay, VERY happily ever after!"

I had read its description... The first idea I came up with was a bonus to chance to score to critical hit, considering its name, which implies the user gets the vision of an eagle thus can see things better. However, Heartseeker already had this feature, and I guess you may not like duplicated features (nevertheless, I'd welcome a short bow version of lesser Heartseeker)... Then I thought about something like "entangle target" as per its description, but such effect has nothing to do with "eagle". So came the blind effect, which might be explained by "with eagle's vision you can easily hit enemy's eye".

Shadow Armor +3

Heh, just trying to explain why I'd move it to the thieves guild while keeping the spellcasting ability, since Demi said he doesn't know BG1 that well - hope I made my point clear. smile.gif

Yeah, forgive my ignorance. Moving it to a thief related store, or better on a powerful thief foe would be the best solution yes. Anyway, I'd like to discuss these things in the respective topic.

There's nothing that needs to be forgiven, we all have our preferences between BG1 and BG2. I myself don't know BG2 that well, since playing with BG:T no-reload I play BG1 a whole lot more than BG2.

Reported the Shadow Armor discussion here to keep track of it - hope I've done it right this time.

"I may also suggest to move some cool items on enemies, to make them more interesting to fight. For example Flame of the North is carried by a Mind Flayer who can't use it, and giving it to a tough warrior would be much better imo."

As I said one time, I think Tazok could be a good candidate in wielding a powerfull two handed sword. I also don't think we have many option coz it seems that strong fighters fighting with two handed sword are more or less infrequent, isn't it ?

Demi: "I may also suggest to move some cool items on enemies, to make them more interesting to fight. For example Flame of the North is carried by a Mind Flayer who can't use it, and giving it to a tough warrior would be much better imo."

As I said one time, I think Tazok could be a good candidate in wielding a powerfull two handed sword. I also don't think we have many option coz it seems that strong fighters fighting with two handed sword are more or less infrequent, isn't it ?

Yes, something like that can be cool, but that area is already filled with a huge amount of unique items (Ring of Fire Resistance, Heartseeker, Dragonslayer, Dragon Scale Shield, Dragon Helm, Horn of Blasting, Delver's Plate, Cloak of the Shield, Carsomyr, ...). I don't rememebr many other "bosses" wielding two handed swords though, thus it may be fine.

I was going to slightly nerf FotN in any case, but if we make it available so earlier its total enhancement bonus would have to be much lower (e.g. no permanent Cold Shield, reduced resistance).

Anyway, this is exactly the kind of suggestions I'm looking for.

Cloak of Mirroring

It's not as much about changing it's location as about changing it's filename. Many AIs check for clck26 being equipped when choosing a target. Silly or not, that's a fact. However, once the cloak no longer hurls spells back at their original caster, the entire point of checking for it renders meaningless. AI, otoh, obviously can't know the cloak is harmless now and keeps avoiding chars with it on. While I may find such backfire to be fair, I still would suggest to rename the item.

Cloak of Mirroring

It's not as much about changing it's location as about changing it's filename. Many AIs check for clck26 being equipped when choosing a target. Silly or not, that's a fact. However, once the cloak no longer hurls spells back at their original caster, the entire point of checking for it renders meaningless. AI, otoh, obviously can't know the cloak is harmless now and keeps avoiding chars with it on. While I may find such backfire to be fair, I still would suggest to rename the item.
Cloak of Mirroring don't reflect spells in vanilla ToB, it did only in SoA only installation. SR's Cloak of Mirroring is just as "harmless", and against damage dealing spells it actually works as the old cloak but with 50% chance. Thus it's still quite appropriate for the AI to not waste spells that 50% of the times would miss the target.

Archived