BGI Spellcasting Sounds

Guest Bandit

Guest Bandit

Is there any way to replace the spell casting sounds from BGII and ToB with the original spellcasting sounds from BGI?

Guest Guest

No, I already tried that mod from that link. The mod is off - not quite done correctly. I was really wondering how to modify that mod to where it worked properly.

Guest Guest

Yeah, I had taken some components out of one of the .wav folders from that download - the ones that weren't in BGI. But no, when I tried reinstalling it, there wasn't much of an improvement. I think there has to be a way of having the BGI sounds overwrite the BGII sounds located the BGII data folder. When I checked where the casting sounds were coming from in BGII, they have the SFXSound.bif file as the reference file from that folder. I wrote an email to the fellow who did Weidu to see how to overwrite those files, but I haven't gotten a response from him.

Guest Guest

Also, to add, the BGI casting sounds come out of data\SFXSound.bif folder. When I found this out, I changed the path of the install from the override folder to the data folder and started BGII. I forgot what happened, but it wasn't much of a change from when the .wav files were installed into the BGII override folder.

Guest Guest

I think the problem lies in the fact that

1. Both BGI and BGII have CAS.wav files, and

2. Only BGII has CHA.wav files.

What's throwing off the spell casting sounds once the setup-tutusounds.exe is run in BGII is that BGII still has the CHA.wav files located at data\SFXSound.bif.

I think that if the CHA.wav files were deleted from the SFXSound.bif file in the BGII data folder, and the CHA.wav files were removed from the tutusounds\wavs folder, the spell casting sound conversion would work when the setup-tutusounds.exe is run.

Archived