Tenya NPC for BG:EE

Coutelier

Tenya fof BG:EE

This is my first attempt to make an actual NPC mod. Tenya is the twelve year old priestess of Umberlee you meet north of the Ankheg country, outside Baldur's Gate, whose mother was murdered by the three fishermen and now is determined to get the bowl they stole back.

Now, if you feel sorry for her and think she needs a responsible adult looking after her, or think that a priestess of Umberlee would be quite a useful ally in a coastal region, then after helping her get it back you can have Tenya join your party.

When I made this, I wanted to stay as close to the original NPC's as possible, so she only has short two or three line banters with most the other NPC's and only a few interjections and comments. She talks to the PC a few times, and the Player can talk to her to ask a few questions. There is a encounter after she's talked to you a few times that will enable her to use the bowl of water elemental control, and a few more interjections and comments that I may add in the future.

But there a lot of ideas that I cut because I thought they were too complicated or didn't really work the way I would have liked. You can read about all that on the second page of the thread linked to above.

But basically, if you like characters like Hit-Girl or Arya Stark, but feel they should have more of sea theme, then this is the mod for you.

Good to see you on the modding forums! I think it's a great idea for a first mod. :)

I've taken a look, and I think it's a nice addition. If you'd like to write an expansion, I believe it would be welcomed warmly - a chatty Arya is better than a reserved and silent Arya(or maybe it's me being a chatterbox). Anyway, congrats on the release, and good luck with your next mods!

Good to see you on the modding forums! I think it's a great idea for a first mod. :)

I've taken a look, and I think it's a nice addition. If you'd like to write an expansion, I believe it would be welcomed warmly - a chatty Arya is better than a reserved and silent Arya(or maybe it's me being a chatterbox). Anyway, congrats on the release, and good luck with your next mods!

Well, I expect I will add a few more interjections and comments when you enter certain areas, at least. Maybe make her wear a blindfold if you enter the Undercellar with her. :)

I'll do a little bit of expansion to this mod... more and longer banters with the other NPC's, more comments and interjections elsewhere, maybe add a little bit more to her PID, and so forth.

In the meantime, here are screenshots so far:

TT01.jpg

Character Sheet:

TT02.jpg

Exploring her land-home:

TT03.jpg

I like the portrait you gave her. She sounds like a tough little kid.

Very tough her age, especially when she can wield clerical magic as well. Maybe it takes a Bhaalspawn to be able to tell her off and make her behave sometimes.

There is one little problem I've had. Tenya is human, but she's an elven avatar (because it's smaller and she's meant to be very young). But I used to have a script from the tweak pack installed that changes avatars between robes and armor, but with Tenya it changes her to the normal 'full grown' human avatar, and I don't know of any way around it, short of making a custom race just for her.

I updated her again.

She has quite a bit more banter now. Most the banters with other NPC's have been expanded, and she has several with some characters (4 with Alora, 3 with Minsc, 2 with Dynaheir, Imoen, Garrick, Ajantis, Coran... that's all I can remember, but she has at least one with everyone apart from Baeloth at this time).

She has a few comments along your main quest as well, as well as a few interjections and comments scattered around elsewhere. I'll keep looking around to see if I can put in any more.

Also, now if you take Tenya into your party before doing Tremain's quest, it should (hopefully if all has gone well) now be possible to still retrieve the body without paying out 2,000 gold or killing anyone.

I also changed her in-game portrait to a version done by Asthner on the Baldur's Gate Forum that adds a bit more texture to her scarf.

Some screens... here is some banter:

TT04.jpg

TT05.jpg

Comments on entering certain areas:

TT06.jpg

Player Initiated Dialogues:

TT07.jpg

Archived