BG 1 and 2 modding questions

Question

Ive got near infinity installed and working now...but im confused as to how to mod the following :

-Change weapon damages, e.g. making all two handed swords do 2d6 damage instead of 1d10

-Change weapon style bonuses

-Modify class/kit features, e.g. making the kensai AC bonus scale per level

-I can see in near infinity that missile weapons have a modifier that limits the number of attacks per round. Lets say i wanted to remove this for all bows, do I have to manually edit every bow and remove the effect for each bow? Or is there a faster way to do this?

Is it possible to modify strength damage bonuses based on the weapon type as well? E.G. Making two handed weapons receive 1.5x the strength damage bonus?

-Change weapon damages, e.g. making all two handed swords do 2d6 damage instead of 1d10

You pick up the s2h.....itm files and then you look at the abilities "tab" click on the first and only Melee(1). That opens up a new tab, which has among others "dize size" & "# dice trown" in the edit view, then you click on them and alter, save and exit, and then move on to the next.. This won't alter the text, but that's Near Infinity for you, that's not really it's purpose.

If you want to do this to more items you learn weidu's -tp2 coding.

Want to alter a kit, you open the kitlist.2da file, find the kit and it's "abilities" varable, and find a file called the "<variable>.2da" and edit that in NI.

Want to make a new, you learn more weidu coding along this tutorial. And then update that to EE v2.5, whcih you need to include a community updated version of a .tpa file from here, and use it like the .tp2 tutorial on that site says.

So i have to edit every single 2 handed sword in the game that way to change their damage?

Which ones are actually used by the game? I see a lot of two handed swords with the same description.

What do you mean by weidu's -tp2 coding? How is that different from using near infinity?

What about weapon style proficeincies?

Edited by Question

What do you mean by weidu's -tp2 coding? How is that different from using near infinity?

You write a text(typically a .txt) file of weidu code, rename the file to be setup-mymodname.tp2 and you copy one of the other mods setup-modname.exe's as your mods file and then you run the .exe and it installs the mod component you coded in the .tp2 file. No Graphical User Interface or simular things that you get with Near Infinity, but if you are good at coding, you can do anything you like.

Which ones are actually used by the game? I see a lot of two handed swords with the same description.

In these games, every single sword item is used by the game... but if you want to edit specific, usually you find the specific with the search tool in NI.

PS, in the View tab, you are looking for the Identified name -field, that's normally the first unique feature in each item.

The weapon STYLE profs are localized in EE games to the stylbonu.2da -file. They are hardcoded into the bgmain.exe in the non-EE game, if memory serves. ..

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I took a look at that weidu code site, I guess unless u are familiar with coding, you can easily get lost in all that technical info. I have 0 experience in coding in general. Always wanted to learn to make my own Mod since ive played them in BG saga from various sources. I have ideas for a npc but with soo many different aspects that are involved in making a simple character I doubt that I will ever have the skill to be able to do anything other that play Mod made npcs. I appreciate all u guys hard work that goes into making Mods. I find it hard to play all the way thru just one of them at a time. I usually play 4 or 5 games at once of different Npc mods, cause I wanna see everything possible.