Heard you like parties

lynx

It's already a chore with 10, so I can't imagine 40, especially if you don't want to cheat (jump). BG2 is full of narrow spaces, so you end up micromanaging a lot. BG1 is similar, except for the wilderness areas. Imagine using its wand of summoning twice and then perpetually managing everyone. Ugh.

But it would be interesting to have a mod-staged army-style large battle, fully under your control. I remember one of the total conversion mods (dod? tdd?) tried something like that. IIRC it became too slow in the original.

Edited by lynx

I remember one of the total conversion mods (dod? tdd?) tried something like that. IIRC it became too slow in the original.

It was neither of those, as they are in the Megamoded game, but you are probably thinking of the Sylmar Battlefield mod which is just another quest mod, so not a total conversion either(so they are not Total Conversion mods, the only thing that is a true TC is the Battle of the Deep mod). But I have no info on that, as I have never actually played that.

Doesn't ring a bell, but I haven't actually tried any of those.

In the meanwhile, our squad of 8 is mercilessly emptying Underdark. Fixed a few unrelated issues on the way and ended completing the tavern monster brawls. The duels are next and the referee's dialog is one of those painful special cases that 10pp can't handle automatically. Nothing that reordering the party couldn't fix though (or just not challenging with pc7 or pc8).

Simple problem, the exception checker is case-sensitive and needs adapting. Either pull the latest changes or change line 20 of extender.pl to:

if (index(lc $exceptions, lc basename $input_file) != -1) {

Btw, do you have a link to that thread?

I'm near the Tree of life, so the playthrough should be done soon and more pics will follow. No party number related problems at all. :)

Thanks. Oh, if it wasn't clear, you'll need either a snapshot from our buildbot or build gemrb yourself (until the next release).

As for the two questions in the thread:

- of course it works on iwd

- we can't automatically scale smart difficulty checks, so until modders compensate for that (who am I to judge intent?), the smaller xp amount is all you get. But it's not that severe due to all the quest xp, so even my Minsc, with a 12% xp penalty, is at level 16 at the Tree of life.

Yeah, using the latest buildbot snapshot to play with cfg option set, cheers.

As for IWD, I've never tried GemRB to play it - how would it work for party building? Does it automatically adapt to the higher party max and prompt you to create up to 10 characters at the start, or is there some workaround needed?

Good question, I completely forgot about that. The party window still has only 6 slots, so you'd need to use a hack:

- create all the characters, but export the ones above 6

- start the game, ctrl+space to open the console

- cc("filename") (for each .cre exported earlier)

Boring battle video:

https://youtu.be/0W0w_i6vNjs

I forgot to show the inventory stuff, but a careful observer will see that spell list sorting is used.

FYI, the changes i've been making to GemRB the last couple of months will automatically create a functioning scrollview with scrollbar any time a windows contents exceed the bounds so the portrait stuff should be a non issue at that time.

In short, no need to waste time dealing with that issue now (or any similar content display issues) if you can be patient for another few months while that work is polished :)

FYI, the changes i've been making to GemRB the last couple of months will automatically create a functioning scrollview with scrollbar any time a windows contents exceed the bounds so the portrait stuff should be a non issue at that time.

In short, no need to waste time dealing with that issue now (or any similar content display issues) if you can be patient for another few months while that work is polished :)

I'll patiently wait until such a time I can get 40+ party members! :love: Thank you for your work. Will we eventually be able to just drop a GemRB.exe into our game folder and have it it run a BG2 game?

The problem with scrollbars on the portrait window is that it would take extra width, so you'd also autocreate horizontal scrollbars. Yuck, unless the window width is also adjusted. Which would only work in the main game view ... However, we could probably just make it invisible or disable it and make scroll input on portrait buttons do the actual (classical) scrolling. Would be better than stacked scroll buttons below the portraits too.

SOA playthrough was completed. I did almost all of the quests, all the major areas (sans WK) and xp wise everyone ended up a bit shy of the level cap. Some more screenshots are at: https://github.com/lynxlynxlynx/gemrb-mods/tree/master/10pp/screenshots

After the first PP challenge, this is the team:
sorcerer/monk 13/14 ~2,730,000 xp
jaheira 13/13 ~2,705,000 xp
minsc 17 ~2,710,000 xp
kivan archer 17 ~2,760,000 xp
tashia sorcerer 17 ~2,700,000 xp
haldamir fighter 18 ~2,680,000 xp
nalia 17 ~2,690,000 xp
viconia 20 ~2,700,000 xp
Most of the xp differences are from different starting xp (npclevel.2da). For example Kivan started with 50k more than everyone else. What's amazing is that Minsc came out with more xp than Jaheira ... but upon inspection I see I forgot to turn wisdom mod on, d-oh. :wallbash: Well, at least it didn't get too easy — Viconia would have had almost a quarter more xp.

This was actually also a pre-release test and bug hunt. Some were already successfully squished, both in gemrb and the used mods themselves and some remain for later or another time. A 10pp ready release can be expected during the summer. :)