BG2: Problems and bug reports

DeathAngel

Ah, you have the Aerie stutter. She's trying to tell you to go to the Circus Tent to talk to talk to Quayle about accepting the Haer'Dalis quest. If you want to keep her in the party, you are going to have to go to the circus, talk to Quayle, and then go talk to Raelis. She will not stop stuttering until you talk to Raelis. This is a vanilla game bug, and it is infuriating. The issue was reported in the link below (forum BBC sucks, BTW), but action on it is improbable.

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=19681

Edited by berelinde

Yes, it should, but that proved problematical.There is no way to advance the game timer 8 hours, and this conversation can occur while there are plot dreams. Since there are area transitions in the cutscenes I did not want to risk stranding the PC in a mod area if a plot dream occured during resting. We had that problem with Romantic Encounters, and the solution was to use a cutscene simulation of rest without actually advancing the clock.

I'm sorry if this has already been brought up in previous posts. I just encountered the bug where instead of dialogue it keeps pulling up Gavin's PID. This happened when he tried to comment on Charname sleeping with Chanelle from RE. Had to exit out of the game and pull up a previous save to make it stop.

You'll have to skip the encounter in this version, I think, since I'm not sure it's possible to edit LOCALS vars via console.

It's probably been reported already, but a text replace is needed:

IF ~Global("B!GavRAChanelle","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN cha

SAY ~Don't you look fresh and lovely! It must feel good to get the travel dust off. But you're flushed! Are you ill?~ [bg_blank]

++ ~No, it was just the warm bathwater. It always makes me a bit pink afterward.~ DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavRAChanelle","LOCALS",2)~ + cha1

++ ~Maybe I scrubbed my face a little too hard.~ DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavRAChanelle","LOCALS",2)~ + cha1

++ ~Er... no, I'm fine. Really.~ DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavRAChanelle","LOCALS",2)~ + cha2

++ ~It's probably just nerves. I'm not used to having someone in the room while I bathe.~ DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavRAChanelle","LOCALS",2)~ + cha3

END

To

IF ~Global("B!GavREChanelle","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN cha

SAY ~Don't you look fresh and lovely! It must feel good to get the travel dust off. But you're flushed! Are you ill?~ [bg_blank]

++ ~No, it was just the warm bathwater. It always makes me a bit pink afterward.~ DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavREChanelle","LOCALS",2)~ + cha1

++ ~Maybe I scrubbed my face a little too hard.~ DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavREChanelle","LOCALS",2)~ + cha1

++ ~Er... no, I'm fine. Really.~ DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavREChanelle","LOCALS",2)~ + cha2

++ ~It's probably just nerves. I'm not used to having someone in the room while I bathe.~ DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavREChanelle","LOCALS",2)~ + cha3

END

Yes, to edit locals, you do it the same way you do globals, you just select the character you want to change.

Would you believe this is the first report I've had of the Chanelle reaction stutter? I'll add it to my list of stuff to fix.

Honestly if I hadn't actually taken time to read the read-me for RE for once, I would have never come across the Chanelle encounter at all. I initially didn't install any of the female encounters because I never play a male PC. So I was surprised that the Guard Captain only has a male/male encounter, but Chanelle is for both. And I was curious, so I loaded up an old save where I was romancing Gavin and happened to have Nalia's stronghold... :blush:

I've got a problem with Miranda. as soon as she part ways with Gavin, nothing else happens. Gavin reacts to the girl, if I talk with her, but it seems that the quest just doesn't end.

Add to that that Gavin asking me to have to end his deed seems a totally random thing. I mean, I waited like someone who has to waste time for 20 minutes inside the temple discrict, hoping that Gavin would say something. Nothing. Then I went in the docks, inside Oghma's temple, looking forward to see gavin tell something to the priest, he didn't tell anything, but right after trying to talk with the priest he told me he had to take his child to the oghma's temple (he doesn't acknowledge we were already inside).

So I said myself, maybe I messed up something.
It didn't matter. I replayed once again the scene, to no avail. As soon as Miranda goes away, Gavin does nothing.

Add to that, that after having waited 30 minutes in the temple district, I'm doomed to see Gavin's failure to take the child to the temple.

-.-

Edited by Sergio