SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Ok, good to know. I guess I can understand and accept the logic behind it, but the description doesn't match the behavior. Maybe indicate that it protects against all weapon ?

Yes, the description of the spell should be amended accordingly.

It makes sense to me that PfMW protects against non magical ones as well but then the name of the spell itself is rather misleading as well.

It makes sense to me that PfMW protects against non magical ones as well but then the name of the spell itself is rather misleading as well.

It wouldn't be misnamed if the spell called Mantel would be the current one... but then the AI would be butthurt, so the mod maker couldn't commit to it.

Mantle is a nice idea, it totally fits the spell behavior now.

Isn't there a way to change the name of the spell and its description, while keeping its original script name for the AI ? I think I read about that somewhere. Since the spell behavior is so close to the unmodded game one, I guess it wouldn't be too drastic to implement.

Actually, how does the AI handle new spells like Moment of Prescience in SCS for SR ?

Mantle is a nice idea, it totally fits the spell behavior now.

Isn't there a way to change the name of the spell and its description, while keeping its original script name for the AI ?

Well, the later is easy, you just rename the spell and it's description with a weidu .tp2 action:

COPY_EXISTING ~spwi611.spl~ ~override~
SAY_NAME ~Mantle~
SAY_DESC ~plah plah plah~

Or something alike that.

And then you take care of the other spell too... the SRv4 does this to multiple .spl files as the install process needs to extend the current games dialog.tlk to contain the accurate string references to the new spell files. That's not a problem, what is it that the AI will then just be casting the Mantle spell as a level 6 spell, which has the same effect that the 6th level PfMW had, with a 6th level spell slot. That's not really a solution, as my suggestion is to leave the AI behind and consentrate to what the player has at their arsenal ... and so what if the AI likes to cast spells that don't ultimately protect them from everything... as they have (multiple spell assisted low) AC, (stone)skins, and several spell protections(or other such defences) and invisibility/clones etc. While the player has dragged himself and the half a dozen Ewoks through slaughtering ground of demons, beholders and dragons and has few spells to concut against the Lich, without resting. Unlike the case where SCS requires that rest as it can use one 9th level(the Spell Trap) slot to protect the 6th level slots spell, and be protected against literally EVERYTHING AND THEIR MOTHER. As that does include a Spellstrike, but not 2. Which is what is required.

SCS has multiple custom made spell scripts processes reserved for SR spells, as well as there's a special SREE SCS version, although it's current version is inside the BWFixpack's fixes.... so that's not really a problem, whell...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Some bugs:
1. Mislead's projected image lasts only 6 rounds regardless of caster level.
2. Emotion: Despair is being resisted at a -3 penalty instead of a -2 as per the description.
3. Why are piles of projectiles greater than what they say they should be? Seems like most everything that is supposed to be 5, 10, 15, or 20 are 7, 12, 17, and 22 respectively. See dvsunfir, dvgcommd, dvsilenc, dvflame, etc.
4. Mestil's Acid Sheath has a 4 cast speed instead of a 5.
5. Mass Invisibility has a range of 35 (sight?) instead of 30 (long like its description says).

​6. Disintegrate is using vs. spell saves on a few its headers.

7. Shouldn't Black Blade of Disaster be using a vs. breath save against the Disintegrate effect to match the actual Disintegrate spell? It also doesn't allow magic resistance, which I would definitely think it should.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Some bugs:

5. Mass Invisibility has a range of 35 (sight?) instead of 30 (long like its description says).

To me, this sounds like an insurance from missing the effect off from moving targets. The mage can only cast spells at visible range, if the effect target is correctly set(= 4 ), while the effect might be intended to go beyond that... Not that I have anything against either of those option, but it's explainable this way.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I've seen a number of instances where spellcasting does not break invisibility. The one I see most often, because I replay it most often, is SCS Silke, who casts invisibility and then casts a bunch of buffs without turning visible (even partially visible).

Is this a product of a change made by SR? Or SCS?

If the former, what exactly is happening there? How does it work?

Isn't that normal? Like with Sanctuary, casting pure (self-target?) buffs doesn't break invisibility. I actually thought that was normal game behavior, but I haven't played without mods in basically forever, so I can't say for certain.

​(edit): Yes, I installed a copy of vanilla and cast Invisibility (non-improved) and then cast a variety of spells. Single target buffs that you can target yourself with let you remain invisible when you d oso (e.g. Protection from Evil, Mirror Image), while always self-targeting AoE buffs (such as True Seeing) do the same, but area-targeting AoE buffs (such as Mass Invisibility, or Resist Fear) always strip invisibility, even if you try to self-target...and targeting any other creature with a single-target spell (e.g. a fellow party member with Protection from Evil) does the same.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Another weird thing(?):

There are two instances of Mestil's Acid Sheath in my BGT Setup. One (proper) level 5 spell (SPWI526.SPL) from the scroll, being found/learned in BG1 and another one (already known by Nalia at the very moment she joined the party) - level 4 spell (SPWI403SPL). Both have the same description with different symbolic names (link to the image).

There are two instances of Mestil's Acid Sheath in my BGT Setup.

I think this is intended - one is for use by players, and another to be available for AI scripts. (Possibly specifically for SCS.) I think.

Make sense, but even then Nalia shouldn't know lvl4 variant. I'm not sure if she has specific SCS scripts to use outside the party (even though she joined my fight with street thugs when I dragged them into the Copper Coronet) to justify this behaviour.