So, which one?

Domi

Which Romance (if any) proved to be 'yours'?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Shar-Teel does not romance a female PC, because both of her Czars (Kish and Turkish) considered it too cliche. When I wrote the romance, I was basing it off Kish' early talks and imo it was by far more interesting to make a trial and battle romance where PC has to hang on for dear life and prove himself, rather than Shar-Teel lesbian romance. I was always fond of Cliffette's way of finding humor and conflict both in the flirts, and I am very proud that BG1NPC features them - those flirts would make no sense whatsoever for a PC Shar-Teel wants to protect. And, finally, Turkish Delight introduced a very interesting take on Shar-Teel's father, Angelo Dossan, making him one of the males who despise females, but are quite fond of a tumble. With Sahr-teel's obvious hatred of him, I found it quite an interesting twist to make her mirror her father. In the end, I think that the romance is that much more interesting and fun for a male PC.

Edited by Domi
anyways... i really enjoyed the Branwen Romance, so props to those involved with it.  :D

Thank you. (me&Domi)

i was a little bit surprised that, given how earthy she was, that the romance wasnt a little bawdier, but not disappointed. i *was* disappointed when she broke up with CHARNAME: fancy choosing Tempus over me! still, we got a lot of shaggin in beforehand, so i guess i'll cope :D

Yep, figured I'd leave it all to the player's imagination, since different guys have very different erotic tastes. There are hints here and there, though.

Heh, Xan Romance originally had some very... mmm... o p e n scenes, but, fortunately, no-one saw them but me - and now I've deleted them altogether.

Nope, I did not vote. So, two, I guess. Damn, I opened that bottle of Spring Water too early.

I am too excited, Martin's signing yesterday, I am still all happy and happy and happy... I even have a pic now!

Edited by Domi

I don't really feel able to vote until after I've tried all six romances, and seen at least some of the romance conflicts. So far I've played and enjoyed Xan, Shar-Teel (and that was a surprise) and Branwen, and I'm part way through a game where I'll have both Xan and Coran in the party. I suppose I could get an impression of what the romance is like from reading the Dialogues, but that wouldn't be as much fun.

Of course, if there's a cutoff date for the poll then I'll just have to play a bit faster. Anyone got any good symptoms for time off work due to illness. :D

Actually the Romance Guide warns you about the both restrictions to Xan's romance. In the "General Notes" section it warns you that the relationship needs to become commited if you want to preserve romance past Bhaalspawn news; and the Special: under the Romance Requirements mentions that the Half-Elves will not see the full romance :D

(And half elves weren't even my idea, to start with... I'm all about pure elves, me... mmm... elves...)

But yeah, I recall I have mentioned nasty surprises three times in a row. (Man, you don't want to play any of Xan romances for BG2. BG1 is flowers compared to this.)

It is too early to ask, I guess, but what the heck :) We did try to make a wide range of romances, so the question is if you found the one which suited your PC well and which one it was :p

I'm surprised there aren't more votes for Shar-Teel, she was my favorite romancable NPC ;)

Perhaps people are killing the romance accidentally with the 'go it again' response after the one night stand? I know I made that mistake intitially and it took a while for me to realize what I did wrong. On the other hand, maybe people just aren't into playing an evil protagonist.

If you haven't given in to the darkside yet, I'd highly recommend giving it a try with the BG1 NPC project. The evil NPCs in this mod have enough colorful dialogue to keep you entertained for weeks on end :)

Good work again guys

I think that with Shar-Teel's romance people are sort of caught in the idea that Shar-Teel is a man-hater, so a romance with a male PC is the last thing they expect. Plus it does unfold differently than "evil" romances tend to. She neither gets "redeemed" or "enlightened" or in any way change for the better. It is as free of mush as I could keep it, and her tongue is sharp, and I hope that she always presents a challenge, in each and every talk. I do love her romance, and it is probably the only one I actually would have loved to write more for if I had time. The main thing, I think, is that there are more players who found the romance that works for them, than those who need something else to have a sucessful romantic experience in BG1.

Why not? We did what we could, if you did not like it, you did not like it. "Tis life. Though, if you feel like you are prepared to spend a lot of time and energy on advanced bashing, and have a lot of negative emotions towards a particular romance that was done like totally wrong in your opinion (or all of them, or one that was never done or whatever), you can actually spend time, energy and emotions more productively by making an alternative. Cheers. :)

Edited by Domi
Guest Mimic
Why not? We did what we could, if you did not like it, you did not like it. "Tis life. Though, if you feel like you are prepared to spend a lot of time and energy on advanced bashing, and have a lot of negative emotions towards a particular romance that was done like totally wrong in your opinion (or all of them, or one that was never done or whatever), you can actually spend time, energy and emotions more productively by making an alternative. Cheers. :)

I just do not want to offend anyone because I know that a lot of work went into this mod. It is not that I hate anything, it is just...well...it sort of spoils the experience a bit. It seems that everyone knows what is going to happen in the future, with the exception of the PC. Imoen knows she will become a mage, Dyna knows that the PC is a bhaalspawn, Branwen is apparantly having severe mental issues and she and Dyna seem to hate each other, tho I know of no reason behind this. They just seem to start on each other the minute they are both in the party. I find it rather annoying that eveytime there is an important decision to be made, Dyna has to treat the PC like a child by making some type of comment. It got so annoying I saved the game and killed her a couple of times just to shut her up.

I realize this probably sounds really bad, but I find it disappointing that it appears to be some big secret that everyone but the PC knows and makes comments about. I thought the goal was to expand the romance experience, not make a joke out of the PC