EET Compatibility for Kaeloree's abandoned mods

The rest of the list according to Kaeloree's own comments are abandoned/unfinished exercises like Darian, Yeslick or *Unfinished Varia* - so better left in the vault they are in.

What?? Why? They have been available for download and use for many years. (Well, I don't know about variant, but the other two at least.) Surely players can choose for themselves - we shouldn't just unilaterally decide that these mods should stay inaccessible, never to see the light of day?

The rest of the list according to Kaeloree's own comments are abandoned/unfinished exercises like Darian, Yeslick or *Unfinished Varia* - so better left in the vault they are in.

What?? Why? They have been available for download and use for many years. (Well, I don't know about variant, but the other two at least.) Surely players can choose for themselves - we shouldn't just unilaterally decide that these mods should stay inaccessible, never to see the light of day?

Hey hey - I am not making any decision for anybody but myself.

Up to now those mods i have volunteered to update for EET have not been available for EET because their conversion requires more than just running the conversion tool (each of them for a different reason, e.g. areas, maps, item bams etc). Obviously nobody did the job until now.

I made my choice of those I wanted to invest the extra work in. Like stated in the earlier posts, everybody is free to adopt any of the others that remain.

Whoever wants to make Yeslick or Darian (who is that anyway?) available for EET can do that. Or just make an own private conversion to install. Those links above are accessible for everybody unless Kaeloree takes them down.

Any news from "secret of Bonehill" ???

What about "Kit Tomes" ? it states itself to be EE compatible, but of course this doesnt mean its EET-Compatible...

By the way: it seems that "Konolan Tweaks" seem to work, too

At least i can enter and leave the "secret" Storage Room between Games....

(via rod of refuge)

"Rolles" seems to work, at least he appears at the smithy in Waukeen....

"Ruad" doesnt appear, but can be "consoled", there must be still something wrong...

It would be nice if someone could have a closer look at those ....

Thnx

This actually sets a interesting precedent for other mods currently still stuck in the BGT phase, it seems most people have not really bothered to actually email the authors in question to see if these mods can be transferred over to EET (though I'm sure few have tried in the past).

Over the years some modders do move on. This has been the case for a lot of Morrowind Mods back in the day as most are no longer maintained, and are incredibly hard to find now.

Do anyone have a list of Mods that are currently still in BGT phase? I'm kind of curious to see what is still currently left.

Roxanne is XulayeEET also compatible with plain BG2EE? As I understand, the version from which you have branched off (1.2.1) was not BG2EE compatible?

There is an own BG2EE version of the mod http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58589-xulaye-for-ee/?do=findComment&comment=587457.

This is already a branched off version in itself.

According to my own assessment it contained bugs, even if Lava stated he tested it successfully in BG2EE. (I cannot verify this, I do not use that game.)

I think that the EET version may just as well work on BG2EE, I find no evidence why it should not. However, we need no two versions for one game.

Do anyone have a list of Mods that are currently still in BGT phase? I'm kind of curious to see what is still currently left.

Just take look at BWS mod list. Almost all essential mod are converted to EE/EET.

ACBreagar

Adrian

Animus

Aran Whitehand

Eldritch_Magic

Fade

Faren

Huple_NPC

Kindrek

Mulgore Xavia NPC

Nathaniel

NPC_Strongholds

PlanarSphereMod

Quayle

Saerileth

Secret of Bonehill

Shadows over Soubar

Solaufein (Weimers)

Tashia

The Undying

Tsujatha

Vampire Tales

Yasraena

This list does not contain tweak, rule, kit mods that are simply overcome by successors in the EE world anyway.

Just take look at BWS mod list. Almost all essential mod are converted to EE/EET.

ACBreagar

Adrian

Animus

Aran Whitehand

Eldritch_Magic

Fade

Faren

Huple_NPC

Kindrek

Mulgore Xavia NPC

Nathaniel

NPC_Strongholds

PlanarSphereMod

Quayle

Saerileth

Secret of Bonehill

Shadows over Soubar

Solaufein (Weimers)

Tashia

The Undying

Tsujatha

Vampire Tales

Yasraena

This list does not contain tweak, rule, kit mods that are simply overcome by successors in the EE world anyway.

Personally, I'd be very interested in checking out:

Fade

Nathaniel

NPC_Strongholds

PlanarSphereMod

Saerileth

Secret of Bonehill

Shadows over Soubar

Solaufein (Weimers)

Tashia

Tsujatha

Vampire Tales

Yasraena

Especially the ones with romances (I'm a sucker for them). I've heard so many polarizing things about Saerileth that I can't help but want to check it out lol.

You can either:

- privately convert them with the EET conversion tool support and use them in your install

- get the authors to update them

- get a note from the authosr that they do not care if somebody took them over and updated them.

I did a bit of research once again and could not identify any possible *free* mod from the lists above, except these:

- Planar Sphere mod (abandoned many years ago, maintained for BGT without permission but also without complaint for some time) - could be done same way for EET....BUT I remembered having played it and it is really, really far from any reasonable relation to anything else in the game that I really suggest to leave this one out. For all who have doubts, just watch this:

No, please, have mercy. (among those killed in the mod are additionally Elminster, Khelben, Mystra, Vecna, AO!!! - the only one capable to stop it all is a bhaalspawn and his companions).

- Vampire Tales already is a merge of older mods, not really very elaborate, rather an experiment in a way. I suggest to leave this one aside as well (unless the author herself picks it up once more) as the vampire idea is now represented in the game with Hexxat and mod improvements for this character are under construction.

Secret of Bonehill

Shadows over Soubar

I seem to remember that there were activities going on for those, suggest to just wait.

As for the NPC ones, it is up to the owners to make their decisions.

Yeah, I tried looking up all of the mod authors earlier The only ones that seemed to still be active were:

Lava Del'Vortel (Fade) & Kish (NPC Strongholds)

Also, after glancing at it the Planar Sphere mod seems quite ridiculous. I'd most likely not include it in a future install anyway.

Archived