EET compatability?

​@Jarno: I don't think that's true. I'm pretty sure you can install the Weapon Changes subcomponent (among others) without the main component.

​@Question: No, because the strings of all the weapons would be wrong. Strings being the text of the items - most likely, they would just reference random text. The description of one weapon, if not patched via the installer, might just be a random bit of dialogue, for example. However, you can try installing just the Weapon Changes subcomponent, which is what does the 1D10 to 2D6 change, among others.

Even base IR is fairly compatible with BG2:EE/T, outside of some graphical issues (that are not game-breaking), but I think IRR's only real "incompatibility" with BG2:EE/T is that some BG2-EE-only items are still not handled yet (I have all of the relevant files, but I need to go through them) and BG2:EE's new stores do whatever they want, but outside of those inconsistencies, should be good to go I THINK. If you play it, feel free to let me know any oddities or inconsistencies.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Thanks for answer. Don't think I will have the opportunity to play EET for a while. I'm asking because I maintain a BG2EE-compatible list of mods on some Polish site and wouldn't want to mislead players about EET compatibility, if it's not entirely true.