small bugs in SR v4beta13

Prof Errata

What if you created copies of the Fireball spell (and modified them a bit) to be used only with the Wand and added that one as well to the code? That would fix this, and prevent changing the Wand of Fire's actual behaviour.

Yup, it would. As I said, wands should probably be included in Spell Rev rather than Item Revisions.

Seems, Dispel Magic (atm experienced with Mage's version) doesn't fully work as intended. I'm running v4 Beta 13 and earlier in the run my main character (Illusionist/Cleric) being buffed and protected with Minor Spell Deflection was hit with Dispel Magic by Kysus. And even though the combat log indicated "Grim Face - Dispel Effects" all my buffs remained intact. Back then I've thought that maybe a combination DM-MSD is a culprit but today fighting Ramazith I was buffed the very same way but now Ramazith cast Dispel Magic on Imoen catching me and Viconia in AOE. And as you can see in the screenshot, both me and Viconia were debuffed while Imoen (initial target of Dispel Magic) stayed intact:

post-7046-0-57306000-1493887592_thumb.jpg

So, I think, something wrong is with applying Dispel Magic effect on initial target of the spell.

And even though the combat log indicated "Grim Face - Dispel Effects" all my buffs remained intact.

That's (unfortunately) normal behaviour. I suppressed the dumb "Dispel Effects" string for Dispelling Screen, but afaik there's no proper way make this string being displayed only if dispel is succesfull. :undecided: There is one way to do it, but it involves changing the fundamental dispel mechanic and...it has other issues (dispel would be checked against target level, not spell level, so your quick-leveling thief would have his buffs intact while your slow-leveling paladin would have a much higher chance of being dispelled, even if they had same buffs from the same caster).

Neither Deflection nor Globe offer any protection vs Dispel magic.

And as you can see in the screenshot, both me and Viconia were debuffed while Imoen (initial target of Dispel Magic) stayed intact:

I'll check it out.

Ok, I've ran some tests by CLUAing a Lich- works fine however; dispel is succesfull even vs primary target...try to CLUA the mage in and see if it works this time. My only explanation for this would be that dispel is checked vs each target seperately (which imo isn't a bad thing).

Note that SR doesn't really touch this spell much - other than it's name and less AoE it's the same spell as in vanilla.

@kreso: thanks for the input, I'll check it out further. Maybe me (with Kysus) and Imoen (with Ramazith) were both just lucky ones.

Note that SR doesn't really touch this spell much - other than it's name and less AoE it's the same spell as in vanilla.

And (as I understand that) within SR it's party friendly just like Remove Magic.

And (as I understand that) within SR it's party friendly just like Remove Magic.

Do check priest's version, I'm not sure Demi actually implemented this. It definitely isn't (priest version) party friendly on my install.

Otoh, look:

disp_zpsz0xpylmb.jpg

Bless is gone from half the crew, even if it's cast on everyone from the same caster (the one who cast the Dispel). It appears indeed Dispel is checked vs each target individually...this is as good as it gets imo - the one thing missing from it is to check against each individual buff, but...

@kreso: I've done the testing and indeed - while both Mage's and Priest's versions have exactly the same description, Mage's version (1st screenshot) IS party-friendly and Priest's (2nd screenshot) - is NOT:

post-7046-0-79711600-1493900945_thumb.jpg

post-7046-0-21612200-1493900945_thumb.jpg

I don't know if this is intended or not, maybe Demi could clarify it someday.

Odd. I've tested it today (on old engine), it works fine; I've checked the code, unaltered. Remove magic shouldn't even exist in the game anymore. Description of DS is also unchanged. I'll check it out on EE2...

One thing - when you downloaded SR, the archive has a folder named spell_rev, an .exe file and a blue Gibberling.exe file.

Did you run the blue Gibberling file, by any chance?

P.S.

Don't run the Blue Gibberling. Sorry for the inconvinience... :rolleyes: @Demi, remove the blue Gibberling file from the package.

Do you mind if I ask where the explanation exists for the removal of "Remove Magic"? I saw in a separate thread that there was some debate between the Paladin Inquisitor's Dispel Magic versus the use of it for normal party members, but just trying to wrap my head around the differences. Plus, when I go into EE Keeper it seems that Remove Magic is only an "innate" spell now, however there are multiple different spells, all called Dispel Magic, but some appear to be Remove Magic with Dispel Magic's name.

If that makes sense, which spell "code" in EE Keeper should I use for a dispel magic effect, for normal party members and for the Paladin Inquisitor, as well as a remove magic effect (for example, spell code SW2029)? I'm also happy to go into NearInfinity and just rename them if that works best. Just confused I guess all around :-) Any help would be most appreciated!

- John

The difference between a dispelling spell that effects only enemies (Remove magic) and Dispel that affect everyone (Dispel magic) isn't in the opcode, it in the projectile file. I'm not sure what you want to do - rename spells or change spells?

The difference between a dispelling spell that effects only enemies (Remove magic) and Dispel that affect everyone (Dispel magic) isn't in the opcode, it in the projectile file. I'm not sure what you want to do - rename spells or change spells?

I guess the answer is neither? I'm looking for why I can't find Remove Magic in EE Keeper (in spell form, not innate), and reconcile that with the approx. 5 different Dispel Magic spells in EE Keeper, as well as the quote I quoted above regarding removing Remove Magic from the game. I need someone to tell me what I should choose. What's the correct Dispel Magic spell? What's the correct Remove Magic spell? What's the correct Inquisitor's Dispel Magic innate ability? Why was Remove Magic removed from the game? I hope that makes sense :-)

- John

Odd. I've tested it today (on old engine), it works fine; I've checked the code, unaltered. Remove magic shouldn't even exist in the game anymore. Description of DS is also unchanged. I'll check it out on EE2...

One thing - when you downloaded SR, the archive has a folder named spell_rev, an .exe file and a blue Gibberling.exe file.

Did you run the blue Gibberling file, by any chance?

P.S.

Don't run the Blue Gibberling. Sorry for the inconvinience... :rolleyes: @Demi, remove the blue Gibberling file from the package.

Since there haven’t been many replies I will assume my question didn’t make sense :) Let’s give it another try! As quoted above, it appears that the spell Remove Magic isn’t in the game or mod anymore. As such, I said to myself, that’s a bummer, since sometimes I like using Remove Magic, and sometimes I like using Dispel Magic (depending on the circumstances). So, I went into EEKeeper and researched to see if the Dispel Magic and Remove Magic spells were still available to use. What I found was that there was 1 Remove Magic and 10 different Dispel Magic spells to pick from, which I will list below. My question is simply this: if I still wanted to use both Remove Magic, as well as Dispel Magic, in the game, which of these should I use? Thanks so much!
Remove Magic (OHBWI302) (Innate Level 1 Spell):
Remove Magic (Abjuration) Level: 3 Range: 40 ft. Duration: Instant Casting Time: 3 Area of Effect: 30-ft. radius Saving Throw: None
This is the combat version of Dispel Magic; it will only affect opponents. A Remove Magic dispels the magical effects upon any enemies within the area. This includes effects given from spells, potions, and certain magical items such as wands. It does not, however, affect enchanted magical items. The chance of the dispel succeeding is determined by the level of the caster and the level of the magic being dispelled. The base chance of successfully dispelling is 50%. For every level that the caster of Remove Magic is above the original caster, <PRO_HISHER> chance of success increases by 5%. For every level that the caster of Remove Magic is below the original caster, <PRO_HISHER> chance of success decreases by 10%. However, despite the difference in levels, there is always at least a 1% chance of success or failure. Thus, if a caster is 10 levels higher than the magic <PRO_HESHE> is trying to dispel, there is only a 1% chance of failure. Similarly, if the caster is 4 levels lower than the magic <PRO_HESHE> is trying to dispel, there is only a 10% chance of success. Intuitively, this spell is almost useless if the target is 5 or more levels higher than the caster. Note: While this spell dispels the individual effects of Grease, Web, Stinking Cloud, and other such spells, it does not dispel the area of effect.
Dispel Magic (SPIN112) (Innate Level 1 Spell):
Remove Magic (Abjuration) Level: 3 Range: 40 ft. Duration: Instant Casting Time: 3 Area of Effect: 30-ft. radius Saving Throw: None
This is the combat version of Dispel Magic; it will only affect opponents. A Remove Magic dispels the magical effects upon any enemies within the area. This includes effects given from spells, potions, and certain magical items such as wands. It does not, however, affect enchanted magical items. The chance of the dispel succeeding is determined by the level of the caster and the level of the magic being dispelled. The base chance of successfully dispelling is 50%. For every level that the caster of Remove Magic is above the original caster, <PRO_HISHER> chance of success increases by 5%. For every level that the caster of Remove Magic is below the original caster, <PRO_HISHER> chance of success decreases by 10%. However, despite the difference in levels, there is always at least a 1% chance of success or failure. Thus, if a caster is 10 levels higher than the magic <PRO_HESHE> is trying to dispel, there is only a 1% chance of failure. Similarly, if the caster is 4 levels lower than the magic <PRO_HESHE> is trying to dispel, there is only a 10% chance of success. Intuitively, this spell is almost useless if the target is 5 or more levels higher than the caster. Note: While this spell dispels the individual effects of Grease, Web, Stinking Cloud, and other such spells, it does not dispel the area of effect.
Dispel Magic (SPCL231) (Innate Level 1 Spell):
Dispel Magic (Abjuration) Level: 1 Range: 40 ft. Duration: Instant Casting Time: 1 Area of Effect: 30-ft. radius Saving Throw: None
A Dispel Magic spell removes magical effects upon anyone within the area. This includes effects given from spells, potions and certain magical items such as wands. It does not, however, affect enchanted magical items or spell protections such as Spell Turning and Spell Deflection. The chance of the dispel succeeding is determined by the level of the caster and the level of the magic being dispelled. The base chance of successfully dispelling is 50%. For every level that the caster of the Dispel Magic is above the original caster, <PRO_HISHER> chance of success increases by 5%. For every level that the caster of Dispel Magic is below the original caster, <PRO_HISHER> chance of success decreases by 10%. However, despite the difference in levels, there is always at least a 5% chance of success or failure. Thus, if a caster is 10 levels higher than the magic <PRO_HESHE> is trying to dispel, there is only a 5% chance of failure. Similarly if the caster is 4 levels lower than the magic <PRO_HESHE> is trying to dispel, there is only a 10% chance of success. Intuitively, this spell is almost useless if the target is 5 or more levels higher than the caster. Note: While this spell dispels the individual effects of Grease, Web, Stinking Cloud, and other such spells, it does not dispel the area of effect.
Dispel Magic (SPIN662) (Innate Level 7 Spell):
No description.
Dispel Magic (SPPR303) (Cleric Level 3 Spell):
Dispel Magic Level: 3 School: Abjuration Sphere: All Range: Long Duration: Instant Casting Time: 3 Area of Effect: 20' radius Saving Throw: Special
Dispel Magic removes magical effects upon any enemies within the area of effect. This includes effects from spells, potions, and certain magical items such as wands. It does not, however, affect enchanted magical items or spell protections such as Spell Turning and Spell Deflection. While this spell dispels the individual effects of Grease, Web, Stinking Cloud, and other such spells, it does not dispel the area of effect. Magic resistance does not affect this spell. The chance of the dispel succeeding is determined by the level of the caster and the level of the magic being dispelled. The base chance of successfully dispelling is 50%. For every level that the caster of Dispel Magic is above the level of the magic he is trying to dispel, his chance of success increases by 5%. For every level that the caster of Dispel Magic is below the level of the magic he attempts to dispel, his chance of success decreases by 10%. However, despite the difference in levels, there is always at least a 1% chance of success or failure. Thus, if a caster is 10 levels higher than the magic he is trying to dispel, there is only a 1% chance of failure. Similarly if the caster is 4 levels lower than the magic he is trying to dispel, there is only a 10% chance of success. Intuitively, this spell is almost useless if the level of the magic attempted to dispel is 5 or more levels higher than the caster.
Dispel Magic (SW2H10DM) (Wizard Level 3 Spell):
Dispel Magic (Abjuration) Level: 3 Range: 40 ft. Duration: Instant Casting Time: 5 Area of Effect: 30-ft. radius Saving Throw: None
A Dispel Magic spell removes magical effects upon anyone within the area. This includes effects given from spells, potions and certain magical items such as wands. It does not, however, affect enchanted magical items or spell protections such as Spell Turning and Spell Deflection. The chance of the dispel succeeding is determined by the level of the caster and the level of the magic being dispelled. The base chance of successfully dispelling is 50%. For every level that the caster of the Dispel Magic is above the original caster, <PRO_HISHER> chance of success increases by 5%. For every level that the caster of Dispel Magic is below the original caster, <PRO_HISHER> chance of success decreases by 10%. However, despite the difference in levels, there is always at least a 5% chance of success or failure. Thus, if a caster is 10 levels higher than the magic <PRO_HESHE> is trying to dispel, there is only a 5% chance of failure. Similarly if the caster is 4 levels lower than the magic <PRO_HESHE> is trying to dispel, there is only a 10% chance of success. Intuitively, this spell is almost useless if the target is 5 or more levels higher than the caster. Note: While this spell dispels the individual effects of Grease, Web, Stinking Cloud, and other such spells, it does not dispel the area of effect.
Dispel Magic (SPWI326) (Wizard Level 3 Spell):
Dispel Magic Level: 3 School: Abjuration Range: Long Duration: Instant Casting Time: 3 Area of Effect: 20' radius Saving Throw: Special
Dispel Magic removes magical effects upon any enemies within the area of effect. This includes effects from spells, potions, and certain magical items such as wands. It does not, however, affect enchanted magical items or spell protections such as Spell Deflection. While this spell dispels the individual effects of Grease, Web, Stinking Cloud, and other such spells, it does not dispel the area of effect. Magic resistance does not affect this spell. The chance of the dispel succeeding is determined by the level of the caster and the level of the magic being dispelled. The base chance of successfully dispelling is 50%. For every level that the caster of Dispel Magic is above the level of the magic he is trying to dispel, his chance of success increases by 5%. For every level that the caster of Dispel Magic is below the level of the magic he attempts to dispel, his chance of success decreases by 10%. However, despite the difference in levels, there is always at least a 1% chance of success or failure. Thus, if a caster is 10 levels higher than the magic he is trying to dispel, there is only a 1% chance of failure. Similarly if the caster is 4 levels lower than the magic he is trying to dispel, there is only a 10% chance of success. Intuitively, this spell is almost useless if the level of the magic attempted to dispel is 5 or more levels higher than the caster.
Dispel Magic (SPWI302) (Wizard Level 3 Spell):
Dispel Magic Level: 3 School: Abjuration Range: Long Duration: Instant Casting Time: 3 Area of Effect: 20' radius Saving Throw: Special
Dispel Magic dispels the magical effects upon any enemies within the area of effect. This includes effects from spells, potions, and certain magical items such as wands. It does not, however, affect enchanted magical items or spell protections such as Spell Deflection. While this spell dispels the individual effects of Grease, Web, Stinking Cloud, and other such spells, it does not dispel the area of effect. Magic resistance does not affect this spell. The chance of the dispel succeeding is determined by the level of the caster and the level of the magic being dispelled. The base chance of successfully dispelling is 50%. For every level that the caster of Remove Magic is above the level of the magic he is trying to dispel, his chance of success increases by 5%. For every level that the caster of Dispel Magic is below the level of the magic he attempts to dispel, his chance of success decreases by 10%. However, despite the difference in levels, there is always at least a 1% chance of success or failure. Thus, if a caster is 10 levels higher than the magic he is trying to dispel, there is only a 1% chance of failure. Similarly if the caster is 4 levels lower than the magic he is trying to dispel, there is only a 10% chance of success. Intuitively, this spell is almost useless if the level of the magic attempted to dispel is 5 or more levels higher than the caster.
Dispel Magic (SPWI051) (Wizard Level 3 Spell):
Visual candy for the misled image to cast, does nothing, looks pretty.
Dispel Magic (SPIN866) (Wizard Level 3 Spell):
Dispel Magic (Abjuration) Level: 3 Sphere: Protection Range: 40 ft. Duration: Instant Casting Time: 6 Area of Effect: 30-ft. radius Saving Throw: None
Dispel Magic (SPIN703) (Wizard Level 3 Spell)
Dispel Magic (Abjuration) Level: 3 Sphere: Protection Range: 40 ft. Duration: Instant Casting Time: 6 Area of Effect: 30-ft. radius Saving Throw: None

Archived