convert some areas, is possible?

smeagolheart

Hey I'm interested in this project. On of the things about IWDinBG project was that it's a total conversion type thing and converts the areas to area numbers that are the same as areas in original baldur's gate. Is there a way to make optional say like the areas of iwd as optional components? Like have an optional trials of the luremaster thing where you meet the little halfling dude in the copper coronet and he whisks you off to the TOTL area without overwriting the default areas?

It can be done... but notice that the two mods have barely anything to do with each others. OK, so CamDawg is in both. But I believe DavidW said he recoded large portions of the conversion code and then there's the fact that do we need the IwD++ to install the mod ?

The idea might be there, but the problem comes with the timing, when should the player go do the ToLM quest ? Too early, they all get slathered(before the Imoen rescue), too late (after the dragons and underdark) the Loremaster's quest is redundant in the difficulty scale. That and there's already NEJ which already gives the IwD content ... even if the quest totally differs from the original game.

That and the IWDinBG2 need to be converted to accept the BG2EE as a base of the mod as well.

Guest RandalllLAF

Yes it is possible. It is done all the time in fact. I do NOT however know the values to subtract/add to convert though.

Not all codes can be converted though

Archived