BG2:EE add new creature animation

Constantine

Hi everyone!

I'm curious if it's possible with BG2:EE to add new creature animation, in a new animation slot (not rewriting the preexisted one like it was before)? And if it's possible, I'd like to know how to do it exactly. For example, I want to extract the existing cre animation and save it in a new slot. How should I do it?

Thanks.

You need to make a copy of the ini file with the new animation ID in its name. Make sure you don't change the highest nibble of the anim ID (the first letter of the file name).

Yeah, I've checked some EE mods for the clues on the matter. So all I need is the ini file, the BAMS and animate.ids entry. But I don't quiet understand the appropriate BAM nameing. For example, there's a mod with new creature animations, and it uses several separate BAMs for various animation sequences, like walking, attacking, casting etc. In the game resources however, it's only one BAM file for the creature consisting of all the above mentioned animations. Just how game handles this?

As I mentioned a post above, it depends on the format you use. Some creature animation files contain all the actions in one single file, others in different files ; other formats use files for only western directions (the eastern ones are mirrored by the engine), others use files for both eastern and western directions, And all those cases may be mixed. ;)

And I won't speak about huge animations which require to be split into different files (e.g. dragons, demogorgon...).

According to the type of animation you want to add to the game, you need to provide the right combination of bam files, find an available slot in animate.ids file, then create the ini file.

So, the best way is just to tell us which animation you want to add (a brand new one or a clone of an existing one), then I can help you to add it to the game, in the easiest (and simplest) way as possible.

As I mentioned a post above, it depends on the format you use. Some creature animation files contain all the actions in on file, others in different files ; other formats use files for only western directions (the eastern ones are mirrored by the engine), others use files for both eastern and western directions, And all those cases may be mixed. ;)

And I won't speak about huge animations which require to be split into different files (e.g. dragons, demogorgon...).

According to the type of animation you want to add to the game, you need to provide the right combination of bam files, find an available slot in animate.ids file, then create the ini file.

So, the best way is just to tell us which animation you want to add (a brand new one or a clone of an existing one), then I can help you to add it to the game, in the easiest (and simplest) way as possible.

I wanted to clone some bg2 static creature animation. But frankly, I've already found the animation I need in the game, so no new animation required. Nevertheless, thanks for your help!

Archived