Enhanced Edition Trilogy patch found herein

I have no idea. It may work perfectly; it may result in Firkraag bursting into the real world and eating you. I take no responsibility for any negative results from combining them.

Edit: K4thos made a patch for EET here.

Edited by Kish

It works perfectly with BG2EE 2.2x, that I can tell.

Managed to run the mod for the first time (it does not mean mod was buggy, but only my inability to maintain correct installation order and greediness (all SHs are mine!) before). LOVE it! Now I do not feel so bad about sending away my old companions like Minsk or Jaheira - they both get their reward for adventuring days. Many thanks for creating that gem of the mods!

Now, an inpatient new user question: if I leave an NPC in stronghold, excluding from party, what would happen with stronghold quests? Right now Nalia become a proud owner of Thieves Stronghold. First SH quest I did with her in the group but now I want to send her away - should I expact money accumulation if I invite her back in the group? Or quest line freezes? Or would she loose SH if she is not in the group?

I'm glad you like it.

She won't lose the stronghold. Money won't accumulate if she's out of the group for an extended period; Jariel will probably have some for her right away when you invite her back, but it won't be as much as she would have gotten over the same time period if she'd been in the party.

I have no idea. It may work perfectly; it may result in Firkraag bursting into the real world and eating you. I take no responsibility for any negative results from combining them.

It works perfectly with BG2EE 2.2x, that I can tell.

The only thing that may can happen is that stronghold quests continue while you are in Spellhold/Underdark because of the different chapter numbering in EET. This would be an issue if the mod uses its own chapter based exclusions, EET would adjust it for the original triggers only.

Most likely the result of that will be that no one will poke you to go to their strongholds for their quests (because their scripts will think you're in Throne of Bhaal areas). As long as you check in at the strongholds regularly without prodding it shouldn't matter to the quests--though the strongholds that accumulate money or have similar timed effects (de'Arnise Keep, Thieves' Guild) may not do so.

Edited to add: This is not a promise though, just speculation based on Roxanne's description of the difference; "I have no idea" remains my official answer to how NPC Strongholds will combine with EET.

Edited by Kish

Realized, I did not leave an update. Sorry about it.

So, I left Nalia in the guild with unresolved quest about searching for the cheating guild member (funny, considering the nature of the guild). After Spelhold, the quest was exactly where I left it and simply continued from the point where I left it.

Found only one bug with the mod. Actually, not even sure it's related to the mod (or that mod) but here what's happen: Jaheira accepted Druid Stronghold and the group finished first quest. However, when I tried to leave Jaheira there (by regroup), she gave her usual angry monologue and disappeared rather than going back to Groove.

Not a big deal, just a note.

Have to repeat OP's question, though. Any plans to check if the mod is compatible with EET? Would not want to play without it :)

That's not a bug. "Jaheira storms off angrily if you remove her" is unrelated to strongholds; indeed, if this mod did include an undocumented "Jaheira suddenly doesn't mind being removed from the party" component, I'd consider that a bug.

I have no plans to test anything on EET.

If someone wishes to test NPC Strongholds with EET, I'm certainly not going to stop them from doing so (nor am I sure how I could do so if I wanted to).

Testing is not the problem, question here is in adaptation or giving permission to someone else to adapt your mod for EET. Would you do it? Adapt by yourself or give that official permission?

If Roxanne is right about what the difference is, I can think of a few different possible answers.

If there's a simple way for the game to check for Chapter Six if you're playing BG2, and for Chapter Fifteen or whatever if you're playing EET, sure.

If adapting it to EET would mean chapter triggers don't work except in Trilogy, no.

If the mod already works on EET, moot question.

If there's a simple way for the game to check for Chapter Six if you're playing BG2, and for Chapter Fifteen or whatever if you're playing EET, sure.

that needs to be done during mod installation, not in game.

If adapting it to EET would mean chapter triggers don't work except in Trilogy, no.

that's what weidu is for. Adding compatibility for EET doesn't break compatibility with other platforms. You can find more information in Modder's Notes and in this topic.

Here is patch for NPC Strongholds implemented automatically with EET_modConverter tool. This change doesn't really need testing since all it does is using different numbers for chapters, based on platforms. The only thing I've added manually is EVALUATE_BUFFER mentioned at the end of Changes.txt file that lists all changes made to the mod.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/rel7u2

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with using variables instead of chapter numbers in weidu code, there is alternative solution in Tweaks Anthology mod (if I remember correctly it uses a function that automatically patches baf and d files before the mod is installed, depending on the platform - the result is the same).

Edited by K4thos