Quentin?

Trisa

I can't seem to get the mature version of Quentin to trigger for a second character. I've said all the same things I said before. I have a higher charisma. I am not sure what else would affect getting the mature version of his story to pop up. Anyone else having issues? I made a third character and she seemed to get the mature version.

Update: I redownloaded and created a new char and got the more mature version... but I can't exactly do that for every single one of these so is there something I can do next time I can't get the mature version to trigger?

What exactly do you mean with more mature version? Is he not offering intimacies at all or are you missing description depth?

The first time around, when it was time to get down to business, my two options were to turn off the lights and skip the details or to have him tell me more. The second go around, the two options were to turn off the lights or to leave. I redownloaded romantic encounters and made a third char and got the same options as the first go around but I have no idea what happened the second go around to make it so I didn't get those options.

This would be the case if you chose different install details upon installation. If you chose "Descriptive version" during installation, the two options ~Tell me. I want to feel everything.~ and ~Shhh. Let's just turn off the light...~ would show. (I just noticed I forgot the option to opt out for this case. Thanks, this will be fixed in the next version!)

If you chose "Teen version" or "BG-style", you get the two: ~Shhh. Let's just turn off the light...~ (without details) and ~I'm sorry, I changed my mind. Good night.~.

Because, "Teen version" means no details (obviously), and "BG-style" in this case means no details, either, because there is only details with description text (Edit: for this component) so it will be skipped for this install choice, as (generally) stated in the readme.

This would be the case if you chose different install details upon installation. If you chose "Descriptive version" during installation, the two options ~Tell me. I want to feel everything.~ and ~Shhh. Let's just turn off the light...~ would show. (I just noticed I forgot the option to opt out for this case. Thanks, this will be fixed in the next version!)

If you chose "Teen version" or "BG-style", you get the two: ~Shhh. Let's just turn off the light...~ (without details) and ~I'm sorry, I changed my mind. Good night.~.

Because, "Teen version" means no details (obviously), and "BG-style" in this case means no details, either, because there is only details with description text (Edit: for this component) so it will be skipped for this install choice, as (generally) stated in the readme.

Well that was the weird part- when I originally downloaded it I opted for the detailed description. The only thing that changed between me downloading the mod and running through with my first char and making the second character was that I moved my save file around because for some reason I thought it needed to be in a certain spot and my computer decided it needed to be wherever the hell it wanted it to be. So I put it back, loaded the game up, made a second char, and suddenly the teen version was what popped up, which was why I was so confused.

I love that you are still updating this mod. :) It's so much fun. It's really making the game way more fun and I'm planning on throwing some of the encounters into my fanfic (assuming I cane make time to work on it and play...)

Is there a way I can check which version I have active? I think it happened again, but this time with Lina. I think I got the teen version... She says "Quick, let's do it before I come to my senses" and then it fades to black.

The system is the following:

Global("C#LC_Details","GLOBAL",0) - no details

Global("C#LC_Details","GLOBAL",1) - details are shown (if available)

Global("C#LC_DescriptionText","GLOBAL",0) - no descriptive text

Global("C#LC_DescriptionText","GLOBAL",1) - descriptive text will be shown (if available)

So, if you don't get details, you need to set Global("C#LC_Details","GLOBAL",1), e.g. via cheats.

The system is the following:

Global("C#LC_Details","GLOBAL",0) - no details

Global("C#LC_Details","GLOBAL",1) - details are shown (if available)

Global("C#LC_DescriptionText","GLOBAL",0) - no descriptive text

Global("C#LC_DescriptionText","GLOBAL",1) - descriptive text will be shown (if available)

So, if you don't get details, you need to set Global("C#LC_Details","GLOBAL",1), e.g. via cheats.

Oh snap. I forgot it's been awhile since I went into the code. Is there another thread/link you can point me to so I can get started on how to delve into it?

Here is a tutorial to enable cheats in the enhanced editions: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61900/how-to-enable-the-console-in-bgee-sod-bg2ee-in-version-2-0-and-later

For the classic games (BGII engine), you need to edit the baldur.ini. I have no experience with doing this for gmes installed to the C:\Programs folder where Windows tries to protect the content against changes, though.
There, under the section [Program Options] you insert the line
Debug Mode=1
Then, in the game, you open the console via Ctrl+Space. For reading a variable, you type CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("C#LC_Details","GLOBAL")

For setting the variable, you type CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("C#LC_Details","GLOBAL",1)

and hit enter

Great to know! I'll have an extra eye regarding the setting of the variables when I test the next version, but from looking at the code it should be applied properly.

You'll have to reset the variables in case you reload a different save, but as long as you continue with this one, you should be ok.

Archived