Am I the only one

Are you asking if the children would be half-divine? I don't think so, if you were still mortal when you conceived them.

Not sure what other problems there would be.

it would be 1\4 divine, no..?

You can sterilize, I think. Or do a world tour a year later and kill all the kids. Or just use protection each time. It's up to you in your headcanon, I think.

Well, I'm sorry, but my bhaalspawn is the most virile man you would find on Earth, so no sterilization xD

And by the way, there are some meeting, for example the gypsy in trademeet, politely asking you to make her pregnant. Ow shit.

The Bhaal essence is not passed on to the next generation. So what happens? .. There will be more fatherless kids in the world. Unless your PC feels responsible after the Solar decision, either way. :)

Are you saying that draconis isn't 1\4 Bhaalspawn?

I don't think it's explicitly stated that Draconis counts as Bhaalspawn. He's obviously pretty enamored of his immortal heritage, but he also has to prove himself to his father, so it may just be talk.

As far as I can tell, the Solar doesn't really care about Aerie's child, which is significantly more than a hypothetical if you're doing the romance. No mention of him having a share of Bhaal's essence, so if there's a plot hole, it's way bigger than RE.

That would defy the very purpose of Bhaal's children if that gene is recessive, though - none of the actual Bhaal's children(or a very small percent) would be born with the essence. (Then again, I never think about kids. My games are completely childfree. :) )

Na, I meant it's not passed on to children of Bhaals children. In those, he put it himself - or am I getting something wrong? Was he a mere mortal at that stage, with absolutely no godly powers left?

In that case, Ajantis talks a bit of nonsense in one of his dialogues. .. But I like the idea of Bhaal blessing his offspring with pieces of his godly essence - I mean seriously, how would he make children of all races, not to mention the Chinchillas, as a mere mortal?! :)

Bhaal was having children before the Time of Troubles, or else CHARNAME's age makes no sense (admittedly, it still makes no sense for any race but a human, half-orc, halfling, and maybe half-elf, but we'll just ignore it). Not to mention your drow and dragon siblings. So he was fully a god, just in avatar form. He would still have a divine rating in avatar form.

I'm pretty sure Bhaal's essence is only passed down one generation, or else Aerie's baby would have had to release their essence, as said. It might show itself in different ways, though: perhaps children of Bhaal's children are born tieflings rather then fully human/elven/half-elven half-gnome or whatever they're supposed to be. That seems to be what happens when evil gods have children, according to 3rd edition sources, so I figure it would work well enough for AD&D.

Which could be an ugly shock if you had an elf/dwarf/gnome romancing an elf/dwarf/gnome (...not that there are dwarven or gnome romancables), come to think of it.

Given the beautiful romance with an elven redhead and a very tall gnome from the Hobbit, I'd say nothing is impossible. :) Or a romantic encounter for v2, at least. (I didn't like Mazzy pushing Valygar, but Mazzy-Korgan stuff was pretty cute).

Archived